Official Match Day 2006 countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MedDeac said:
Whats the over/under on number of minutes before SDN crashes....

woot woot matched! yeah i'm sure this is gonna go down soon.

By Region: Filled Unfilled
Western Region 156 7
Central 341 7
Southern 280 1
Northeastern 474 18
Total 1251 33

What's up with the lack of love for the NE?

Members don't see this ad :)
yep still no email from nrmp, im sure its busy with the site overloaded. dont' worry I logged off as soon as I could so people can get in!

mward04 said:
By Region: Filled Unfilled
Western Region 156 7
Central 341 7
Southern 280 1
Northeastern 474 18
Total 1251 33

What's up with the lack of love for the NE?

makes sense... the south is the only way to roll :cool:

hell ya....matched baby. now i can go back to sleep.

thirteen78 said:
hell ya....matched baby. now i can go back to sleep.
wow only 7 in the western, generalveers - I think mlk has like 12-14 spots, I remember you said with the new management and stuff filling half would be great!

no unfilled pgy-2 positions. looks like the 4 year programs did well!

MATCHED!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo! :D

Match.com doesn't have any statistics on the NRMP match but has some great statistics on women in your area!

Yep.. another party!! Another padding party that is..

Members don't see this ad :)
EctopicFetus said:
Wow lots of unfilled spots..

33/1251 = 2.6%. Doesn't sound like a lot. What was last years score?

I thought last yr there were only 11 unfilled programs. BKN do you already know who you got? Or do you find out later as well?

It says 7 unfilled programs but I dont know if that data is pre or post scramble!

EctopicFetus said:
I thought last yr there were only 11 unfilled programs. BKN do you already know who you got? Or do you find out later as well?

Fetus,

NRMP site shows last year EM1 22/1188 unfilled and EM2 24/144 unfilled. I suspect that there were no unfilled after the scramble unless the programs wanted it that way.

All the residencies get to know whether the filled on tuesday (at 1130?). You think I've got the one unfilled slot in the south? :scared: Nah :laugh:

The residencies get their list on Wednesday noonish, but are prohibited from telling you.

We get a list of those who we ranked and their matches on Monday.

My congrats to everyone. Hope you got numero uno.

Congrats to all. Nice to get this day behind us, eh?

Now the loooooong wait until Thursday...

71 hours and counting till finality.

Colforbin where you at? Don't quit on me now!

eh, i think we should just do it by days until it's 24 hours. again. oooh, is there 24 on today?

Sorry,
The OCD hit me hard... Days it is. ;)

Only 7 unfilled spots is actually good news for MLK. Going into late January with our new PD we were in serious danger of not matching a single resident....having interviewed only 18 people for the year.

We only submitted 12 spots this year, which means we've matched at least 5 residents.

If anyone who didn't match wants to come to Los Angeles, give us a call.

http://www.mlkem.org/

drdrtoledo said:
71 hours and counting till finality.

Colforbin where you at? Don't quit on me now!

yeah colforbin is slacking off. probably out drinking/slumped over in some bar! j/k, i'm sure on a rotation learning some medicine....

My wife and I bought a $50 bottle of wine in 1999 that we bought with spare change and we opened tonight to celebrate matching anywhere. So good....

JackBauERfan said:
yeah colforbin is slacking off. probably out drinking/slumped over in some bar! j/k, i'm sure on a rotation learning some medicine....
A) I was slacking off in some bar (3 different ones actually)
B)I haven't been on a rotation or learned some medicine since August. WOOHOO
C)I didn't forsake my countdown, I just happen to agree that it should be a daily count till 1PM on Wednesday
That being said I will throw down one more hour countdown just for GP....
WHERE we matched shall be revealed in 61.33 hours.
Back to drinkin now.
Love ya all! :)

I'm more drunk than you are :p !
Hey that surfer shot is good... great tip! Well it's officially Tuesday so two days to go. My liver is :eek:

what's a surfer shot?

irrka said:
what's a surfer shot?

Just thought I would add my post pad as I finally registered the other day during our very long and boring mandatory transition to residency classes. Thanks for all the great information and laughs the past few months. :)

irrka said:
what's a surfer shot?

Surfer on acid is jager, malibu, and pinapple... Got that from colforbinMD. Not sure if it was supposed to be a shot or a drink but I was shooting them last night. :)

48 hours Homies!

drdrtoledo said:
Surfer on acid is jager, malibu, and pinapple... Got that from colforbinMD. Not sure if it was supposed to be a shot or a drink but I was shooting them last night. :)

48 hours Homies!
Yeah they are pretty tasty. I had 2 of em last night as well. Less then 2 days left!!!!!!!!

jager scares the daylights out of me. that and goldschlager.

Yuck.. I dont like Tequila, but when forced I drink..

i didn't like tequila. until a ridiculous cancun trip 5 years ago when it was pouring out of the faucets seemed like; you get used to stuff pouring out of the faucet.

I liked tequila til I had too much of it.. then i stopped liking it.. yuck..

but tequila does make for a crazy entertaining drunk :D as opposed to a mellow teary or otherwise depressing one.

Yeah. I dont need booze for a night of craziness, I just have to hang with my college and HS buddies.. My oh my...do I have stories..

EctopicFetus said:
Yeah. I dont need booze for a night of craziness, I just have to hang with my college and HS buddies..

Yes! They usually have the best weed :luck:

J/K :)

you're just going to leave that one hanging??? come on!!! i'll start you off:

This one time, in band camp....

drdrtoledo said:
Yes! They usually have the best weed :luck:

J/K :)

TOWLIE K-N-O-W-S!! ;)

Wednesday is on the horizon! 38 and a half hours to go :cool:

drdrtoledo said:
Just about another hour down...

drdrtoledo said:

guys just enjoy for the time being........because you don't know what you are getting into............I finished EM residency and working in NY for 95000 dollars, 30 hours per week.

EM and Peds are the most stinking specialty.........both are difficult to get job

If u can change the specia;ty, this is the best time

mabramoff135 said:

You're right! I'm blowing this popsicle stand. I'm dropping my spot as soon as I get it on Thursday. Sorry guys, it's been real but $95 grand is a no deal.

Teehee

mabramoff135 said:
guys just enjoy for the time being........because you don't know what you are getting into............I finished EM residency and working in NY for 95000 dollars, 30 hours per week.

EM and Peds are the most stinking specialty.........both are difficult to get job

Yeah........what were we thinking! EM is terrible!!!

Have you seen the awful job offers the residents on this site have been getting!?

I mean who would work for 250k a year anyway....... jeesh!

i'm going to give up my spot in EM and go open a bait and tackle shop immediately.

thanks for the heads up!

later

12R34Y said:
Yeah........what were we thinking! EM is terrible!!!

Have you seen the awful job offers the residents on this site have been getting!?

I mean who would work for 250k a year anyway....... jeesh!

i'm going to give up my spot in EM and go open a bait and tackle shop immediately.

thanks for the heads up!

later

because of the renewed reimbursement systems , the Primary specialities like Im and FP are siphoning off, the already dry cofers of medicare and mdicaid.

Where do the EM docs get paid..........out of the pocket or the leftovers from the other specialities.

If you don't believe it, I would show u my pay stub........I would scan it in this thread.

It's Wednesday! One more day to go... 36 and one half hours.

drdrtoledo said:
It's Wednesday! One more day to go... 36 and one half hours.
lol just can't help yourself can ya towlie?

colforbinMD said:
lol just can't help yourself can ya towlie?

Nope... it's pathologic :scared:
:)

34.8 hours remaining and I am having no luck sleeping. The waiting is almost unbearable at this point. I'd take an Ambien but I am worried I might end up sleep driving! (anyone see the latest stories on this?)

I almost feel like its so close I could just hold my freaking breath. My thoughts are cluttered with the idea that I won't be able to log in to NRMP because of the traffic, and will be left waiting until I get the damn contract in the mail!!

mabramoff135 said:
because of the renewed reimbursement systems , the Primary specialities like Im and FP are siphoning off, the already dry cofers of medicare and mdicaid.

Where do the EM docs get paid..........out of the pocket or the leftovers from the other specialities.

If you don't believe it, I would show u my pay stub........I would scan it in this thread.

dude.

your profile says you are a medical student.

in one of your own posts you say that EM PA's are starting at 130-140k per year. so you think that PA's are earning more than the EM docs?

troll