Official Match Day 2006 countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mabramoff135 said:
don't wast yur time, study for Chinese Medical licensing exam, it would come into handy for u say after 10-15 years,.........don't forget to learn some chinese too.......here are some chinese words........huang duang suang hau we hu yu mai hua hi hu

Dude, you were just on the receiving end of some world class Panda sarcasm and this weak **** is the best you can come up with?

I snort dismisively (now where's the smilely for THAT) in your general direction.

Take care,
Jeff

Members don't see this ad.

colforbinMD said:
As far as deliciouness, I'm gonna have to pick Pickler.
Yea, I'd Pickle'er too! :eek: :laugh:

16 hours to go

Members don't see this ad :)
colforbinMD said:
16 hours to go

60px-DoNotFeedTroll.jpg

dont-feed-troll.gif

FYI!!! :laugh:

drdrtoledo said:
Yea, I'd Pickle'er too! :eek: :laugh:

16 hours to go
WOW Ace in the bottom three. Did teenage girls stop watching this show?

And Lisa too? Wow. America is weird.

Oh and since I am here I guess I'll add.....
15.5 hours!!!!!!! I'm gonna have to head to the bar soon. This ain't healthy.

I hate reality TV and I hate American Idol.. Sorry..

I can't believe chicken little made it! :eek: The girl that lost did forget the words so I guess that's what she gets. I knew Ace wasn't going anywhere.

15 Hours to go!

EctopicFetus said:
I hate reality TV and I hate American Idol.. Sorry..
If it helps I hate reality TV too and I hate myself for watching it. I'm in love what can I say.

Nice dinner... nice long island, nice pinot, nice.... :sleep:

Party on!

drdrtoledo said:
...15 Hours to go!

Do you get your envelope at 1300 EST? I count 14 hours until 1200 from 2200 tonight.

(Here's hoping you have one hour less than you thought.)

ewells said:
Do you get your envelope at 1300 EST? I count 14 hours until 1200 from 2200 tonight.

(Here's hoping you have one hour less than you thought.)
Those of us who have no school party will check NRMP at 1300 EST.
So the countdown continues and we are now at 14.5 hours. The rest of you can do the math as follows
I expect my school to let me open my later at hour x
x is y hours before 1300 EST.
There for colforbin is sending y assassins to find me.
Oh yeah and you can also just subtract y from our running countdown here but since you have a short time to live why bother.

CS_22 said:
I'm dying to keep busy! We get to open our envelopes tomorrow 11 am (CST) and I can't keep from watching the clock.

Guess I should fill out my bracket for my pool. Anyone have any suggestions for final four teams?

CS

Texas A&M for the Final Four baby!!

Ok maybe not, but I just killed 2 minutes typing this post.....

Now 13:30 left!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also killed 20 minutes selling old books on Amazon.com's Marketplace. Now I have $30 more for closing costs on my townhome in Houston!

We are going straight from the Match Day party to the realtor to make an offer if we are staying in Houston!! (Not as ballsy as the poster that put an offer on a home before Match Day!)

We did make it Contingent on Match.... i.e. we get our "earnest money" back if we don't match.... so not as ballsy as it appears. I want that job and I want that house.... please let it work out! LOL :) I'm still suprised the seller accepted an offer with a contingency like that... guess they like Docs. :)

Red Runner said:
We did make it Contingent on Match.... i.e. we get our "earnest money" back if we don't match.... so not as ballsy as it appears. I want that job and I want that house.... please let it work out! LOL :) I'm still suprised the seller accepted an offer with a contingency like that... guess they like Docs. :)

I figured as much....

Still pretty ballsy though!

We'll be happy to get them to pay our closing costs, but the new townhome market is pretty hot in Houston right now.

First thing after match if it works out... I'm going by Century 21 to remove that contingency and then grab a beer and start celebrating.

Me and the wife have our trip planned for early next week.. not as ballsy as an offer but all that being said if I dont match at 1 or 2 then I blew some money on airfare..

13 more hours for those of us on the high noon EST schedule...

EM Junkie said:
Texas A&M for the Final Four baby!!

Ok maybe not, but I just killed 2 minutes typing this post.....

Now 13:30 left!!!!!

2 mins for that? Ihope you dont have electronic medical records at your match! woo you might be there forever..

At least airfare is transferable, for a price, usually... Wish you the best of luck... I'll look for your post tomorrow

EctopicFetus said:
2 mins for that? Ihope you dont have electronic medical records at your match! woo you might be there forever..

Nope! T-sheets!!

....Plus at the same time I was making a stack of folders from residency interviews to throw in the garbage tomorrow!

Yeah plus the tix were cheap 178 or so.. in some ways im covered due to my wife's situation... Details to follow tomorrow :)

I have a similar stack of stuff that will be in the hands of my garbage man!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the match time is 1PM EST, not noon. Its says it right on the calendar link on the NRMP page!

EctopicFetus said:
Yeah plus the tix were cheap 178 or so.. in some ways im covered due to my wife's situation... Details to follow tomorrow :)

Here we go with the "situation" again! I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ectopic's wife works for either NASA as an astronaut or the CIA....

I'm laughing because I too have been happily stacking my residency folders publicity stuff in a big pile to throw away in about thirteen hours.

corpsmanUP said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the match time is 1PM EST, not noon. Its says it right on the calendar link on the NRMP page!

Corpsman,

I think the noon thing is for the all folks who have things at their school. We get our letters at 11 am Central time.. I think thats where noon comes from for the eastern people!

I think the schools can give out match information at noon EST and it isn't posted to NRMP until 1pm. If not, then my school, and others, have been breakin the law for years! :)

EM Junkie said:
Here we go with the "situation" again! I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ectopic's wife works for either NASA as an astronaut or the CIA....

I dont want to expose a CIA agent or else I will have to go up on Capitol Hill. :p

Wow, there's some serious activity on this thread right now! I think I'm gonna sign off, have a late dinner with the wife, and head to bed....

Will post with the good news tomorrow! :luck:

Sleepy.. good night stw.. aka emjunkie.. good luck tomorrow!

EctopicFetus said:
Corpsman,

I think the noon thing is for the all folks who have things at their school. We get our letters at 11 am Central time.. I think thats where noon comes from for the eastern people!

Yep. 12 noon baby!

Good luck everybody! :thumbup:

Bedtime... Got to take care of the old folks again tomorrow.

13.5 to go for those of us on the 1pm EST boat :thumbdown:

apparently i posted in the wrong thread: colforbin has been left all by himself to get the letter at 1. I was wrong and my school does hand out the letters at 12 like the other normal places.

colforbin and corpsman I believe also I think drdrtoledo... sorry guys! Good luck anyhow!

irrka said:
apparently i posted in the wrong thread: colforbin has been left all by himself to get the letter at 1. I was wrong and my school does hand out the letters at 12 like the other normal places.
In the words of Eric Cartman "Screw you guys! I'm goin home!!"

from the horse's mouth

EctopicFetus said:
colforbin and corpsman I believe also I think drdrtoledo... sorry guys! Good luck anyhow!

Yep me too... Good luck to all of you guys too! :thumbup:

Have fun at your big fancy med school parties... :p
Don't forget to bring a towel ;)

Good luck everyone...the Lunesta is kicking in and my craving to go drive a car to Whataburger naked is overwhelming. It would take a small elephant hypnotic to take me down tonight!! Good luck to everyone though seriously. God bless and hope your eating habits and stomach acidity return to normal tomorrow. I am already happy just to be in a profession with all of you... :oops:

Night!

Dude F the towel! Champagne and the SO in tow baby!

corpsmanUP said:
I am already happy just to be in a profession with all of you... :oops:

Night!

That guy is lying.. Im sure he meant everyone BUT me! :) :p :cool:

towlie :"you guys wanna go get high?"
sorry, that was the only thing i remembered about towlie.

IRRka thats all there is to know about towlie!

well, i guess he is kinda flat....

ahh how about the simple fact that he is a talking towel who is a secret US govt project!

i dont remember the part about secret govt project..... i swear i wasnt smoking at the time!!!