--::: Official: MCAT Favorites :::--

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creightonite

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to compile the list of MCAT favorite questions. Kaplan has a list of their own in the book so I thought it is legal to make our own list. However, I will start the list, everyone is welcome to add:

1) Q: What are sulfur containing amino acids
A: Cys, Met

2) What's the functional unit of kidney
A: nephron

3) If you double the distance between objects, the attractive force between them goes down 4-fold.

Members don't see this ad.

Creightonite said:
3) If you double the distance between objects, the attractive force between them goes down 4-fold.

This actually depends. An infinitely large charged single plate capacitor will exhibit the same force on an object on one side of it because the force vectors of the charges are parallel (not radiating outward like from a point).

Also, a long straight wire gives off a magnet field whose force is inversely proportional to the distance from the wire, not distance squared.

WilliamsF1 said:
This actually depends. An infinitely large charged single plate capacitor will exhibit the same force on an object on one side of it because the force vectors of the charges are parallel (not radiating outward like from a point).

Also, a long straight wire gives off a magnet field whose force is inversely proportional to the distance from the wire, not distance squared.

oooh wheee.... someone's a stickler for details. Someone add the "only for objects that can be treated as point masses or charges" caveat in there

UMP said:
oooh wheee.... someone's a stickler for details. Someone add the "only for objects that can be treated as point masses or charges" caveat in there

I'm not the stickler, the damn writers of the MCAT are. Sorry if it came off as if I really care. :D