Dec 6, 2010
Augusta, GA
Status
Pre-Dental
I received a call from Mrs. Perry this morning at about 11:45, anyone else? Can't wait to meet everyone. Congrats, and good luck.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2010
Snellville, GA
Status
Non-Student
I received a call from Mrs. Perry this morning at about 11:45, anyone else? Can't wait to meet everyone. Congrats, and good luck.
I'm in as well! Waitlisted last year, but second time is the charm this year! Congrats to everyone! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

iheartz

10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I spoke with mrs perry sat night and she said ive been accepted :D I got waitlisted last year so its nice to know early that Im in. Looking forward to meeting everyone! :thumbup:

OP
G
Dec 6, 2010
Augusta, GA
Status
Pre-Dental
I spoke with mrs perry sat night and she said ive been accepted :D I got waitlisted last year so its nice to know early that Im in. Looking forward to meeting everyone! :thumbup:
Congratulations

bonvivant07

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey for those applying the second time and got in, can you tell me what you did during that year out? One of my friend applied to MCG and it looks like he didn't get in this year, he wanted to know what you guys did and how you guys strengthened your application in one years time? Thanks in advance!

OP
G
Dec 6, 2010
Augusta, GA
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey for those applying the second time and got in, can you tell me what you did during that year out? One of my friend applied to MCG and it looks like he didn't get in this year, he wanted to know what you guys did and how you guys strengthened your application in one years time? Thanks in advance!
I was actually a 3 time applicant. The best thing to tell your friend to do is to call the admissions office and schedule a time to talk to either Dr. Hanes or Mrs. Perry. Mrs. Perry is usually available to talk sooner than Dr. Hanes who usually isn't available until sometime in January. I spoke with Dr. Hanes year before last and Mrs. Perry last year and both were very helpful. They will pull the file and look at what the strengths of the applicant are, and what their weakness are and advise how to proceed. However, make sure that the person does everything that is recommended because a note is placed in the file indicating all recommendations. On next years application there is a portion for reapplicants that asks what you did to make yourself a stronger candidate. This is the opportunity to detail their accomplishments and to mention that they did everything that was recommended. I feel confident that the form filled out by either Dr. Hanes or Mrs. Perry is compared to see if they took their advice into consideration. Hopefully this helps. I do know that there is a high percentage of reapplicants that are accepted each year. I know of 4 off the top of my head. Also, the class size is increasing each year. Last years class increased from 65 to 70 and this year they admitted 80. Ultimately they are going to have 100 students per class.

DownFracture

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I was actually a 3 time applicant. The best thing to tell your friend to do is to call the admissions office and schedule a time to talk to either Dr. Hanes or Mrs. Perry. Mrs. Perry is usually available to talk sooner than Dr. Hanes who usually isn't available until sometime in January. I spoke with Dr. Hanes year before last and Mrs. Perry last year and both were very helpful. They will pull the file and look at what the strengths of the applicant are, and what their weakness are and advise how to proceed. However, make sure that the person does everything that is recommended because a note is placed in the file indicating all recommendations. On next years application there is a portion for reapplicants that asks what you did to make yourself a stronger candidate. This is the opportunity to detail their accomplishments and to mention that they did everything that was recommended. I feel confident that the form filled out by either Dr. Hanes or Mrs. Perry is compared to see if they took their advice into consideration. Hopefully this helps. I do know that there is a high percentage of reapplicants that are accepted each year. I know of 4 off the top of my head. Also, the class size is increasing each year. Last years class increased from 65 to 70 and this year they admitted 80. Ultimately they are going to have 100 students per class.
Wow...3rd time? Did you only apply to MCG over those years?

Dec 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Yayay! I got my call Monday afternoon...has anyone started a facebook group yet? We should start one asap! :)

Dec 1, 2010
Snellville, GA
Status
Non-Student
Yayay! I got my call Monday afternoon...has anyone started a facebook group yet? We should start one asap! :)
Hey Everyone!

If you got accepted to MCG, send me an email to [email protected] with your name so I can add you as a friend on Facebook and to the Facebook Group page for the class of 2015 at MCG!

Congratulations to everyone. This is a dream!

Cheers,

Jeremy R. Edwards

OP
G
Dec 6, 2010
Augusta, GA
Status
Pre-Dental
Wow...3rd time? Did you only apply to MCG over those years?
The 1st year I shouldn't have even applied, I took the DAT without even taking organic, I just wanted to get my name in the system, not the best choice. It did allow me to speak with Dr. Hanes and find out that what I needed to do and to gain some name and interest recognition at the school. That being said, I only applied to MCG the 1st 2 years. This time I applied to several other schools, but haven't heard much from any of them yet.

Dec 9, 2010
Augusta, GA
Status
Dental Student
I received my call on Monday ~ 10AM from Ms. Perry!! I'm very excited to go to MCG. This is my second time applying. Have you guys received the certified mail package?

Also, I guess MCG will become GHSU after February 1st 2011. Any comments about that? Should we start an official GHSU c/o Acceptance Thread 2011?

Aug 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I got the call from DR. H on the 7th! Got the packet this Monday and sent my deposit in yesterday. Ya'll started collecting teeth?

Dec 1, 2010
Augusta
Status
Dental Student
I got a call on the 1st and got my package on the 3rd. I look forward to meeting everyone!! I was so happy...this made my Christmas break so much more relaxing :) I was looking forward to filling out government job applications all December.