OFFICIAL Mt. SINAI ENTERING CLASS OF 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I might come.

But then again, I'm already here. :p

Members don't see this ad.

i would love to be a part of the sinai crew
do i have a shot of acceptance with a march int??

sweatybrain said:
I might come.

But then again, I'm already here. :p
mmkay, care to elaborate? :confused:

The following people thinking about/planning to go to a 2nd look weekend at Sinai.

Dr. Ayy
Checkmate
EllieElle
chumpana
TheUglyOne
palminator2003
MSSM2008
QueenVicious
sweatybrain
burgers

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask how long it took you guys to hear back from Mt Sinai? I had my interview 2 weeks ago, and am wondering if I should expect to hear anything soon or not. Also, acceptances come by e-mail and rejections/waitlists by snail mail, right? Thanks.

Count me in

However, I am 100% certain of my decision. How many of you know for a fact you will be there next year?

Favorite Color: Don't have one.
Favorite Snack: M&M's
Favorite Ice Cream: Chocolate
Favorite Show: Desperate Housewives (Took me a while to actually write this, but it's true. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )
Favorite Movies: Comedies
Favorite Music: I like all types of music

I spoke to Kelli and she told me revisit weekend would be on the first week of May.

And one final piece of information that will probably make it very easy to identify me - I am happily married ;) .

I heard back after 4 weeks, by email. Good luck

Mistress S said:
Can I ask how long it took you guys to hear back from Mt Sinai? I had my interview 2 weeks ago, and am wondering if I should expect to hear anything soon or not. Also, acceptances come by e-mail and rejections/waitlists by snail mail, right? Thanks.

Mistress S said:

Seven days by e-mail, a week or so more before the official letter came in the mail. Best of luck!

Update:
The following people thinking about/planning to go to a 2nd look weekend at Sinai.

Dr. Ayy
Checkmate
EllieElle
chumpana
TheUglyOne
palminator2003
MSSM2008
QueenVicious
sweatybrain
burgers
GreatSplanchnic

Me too!!!

Update:

Dr. Ayy
lulubean
Checkmate
EllieElle
chumpana
TheUglyOne
palminator2003
MSSM2008
QueenVicious
sweatybrain
burgers
GreatSplanchnic

Will you be joining us for a game of Clue lulubean?

Favorite color:
Favorite ice cream:
Favorite TV show:
Favorite places to eat in NYC:
Favorite candy bar:
Favorite singer/group:
Favorite Children's Character/Cartoon:

[/QUOTE] Will you be joining us for a game of Clue lulubean?[/QUOTE]

Oh, how fun!!!

Favorite color: orange, color of the pacific ocean
Favorite ice cream: chocolate chip
Favorite TV show: Law & Order (SVU), Trauma: Life in the ER
Favorite places to eat in NYC: Josie's, Jackson Diner, Tsampa
Favorite candy bar: Snickers!!!
Favorite singer/group: Too many to name
Favorite Children's Character/Cartoon: I'll let you guess <-------

look forward to meeting you all at 2nd look!

lulubean said:
Favorite Children's Character/Cartoon: I'll let you guess <-------

look forward to meeting you all at 2nd look!

Ooh, oohh, oohh that's Mojo Jojo, right? ;)

palminator2003 said:
Ooh, oohh, oohh that's Mojo Jojo, right? ;)

you gotta love mojo jojo... he rocks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, our thread is nearing death, obscured by the seventeen OhmygoddidIgetintoHarvard? threads on the first page...

Anyone have any hidden talents or freakish tendencies?

Not to brag, but I can wiggle my ears :D

EllieElle said:
Guys, our thread is nearing death, obscured by the seventeen OhmygoddidIgetintoHarvard? threads on the first page...

Anyone have any hidden talents or freakish tendencies?

Not to brag, but I can wiggle my ears :D

Darn it, now if I had that talent for my interviews... ;) My talents are quite visible. Just read my profile... As for freakish tendencies, does checking SDN obsessively count?

On another note, if you have your set on Sinai, you MUST start acting like it. Sinai has a healthy rivalry with the NYU med students. So, remember to refer to NYU with disdain when commiserating with your fellow classmates :p

palminator2003 said:
Darn it, now if I had that talent for my interviews... ;) My talents are quite visible. Just read my profile... As for freakish tendencies, does checking SDN obsessively count?

Salsa dancing? That's hot palminator2003. What spots in NYC you be hitting up to go dancing? I have to say I like my old skool salsa like Frankie Ruiz and Hector Laboe.

QueenVicious said:
Salsa dancing? That's hot palminator2003. What spots in NYC you be hitting up to go dancing? I have to say I like my old skool salsa like Frankie Ruiz and Hector Laboe.

Oh, I haven't been to them all yet. But, I've gone to the Copa Cabana (really good), Webster Hall (not so good) and usually go to practice at Sandra Cameron studios. I'm dying to check out Babalu and SOB's but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm not Latino so I don't actually understand the songs being sung. However, I absolutely love salsa. Ahora, me gusta Tito Puentes y Celia Cruz. Let's have a dance on 2nd look weekend ;)

palminator2003 said:
Oh, I haven't been to them all yet. But, I've gone to the Copa Cabana (really good), Webster Hall (not so good) and usually go to practice at Sandra Cameron studios. I'm dying to check out Babalu and SOB's but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm not Latino so I don't actually understand the songs being sung. However, I absolutely love salsa. Ahora, me gusta Tito Puentes y Celia Cruz. Let's have a dance on 2nd look weekend ;)

As you will learn in the years you'll spend in NYC, the aforementioned Clubs are really bad compared to the chilled out atmosphere you get on the LES or in the EV. I'm just trying to save you both money and time. Almost nowhere in the LES charges a cover, the people are cool, and the drinks are excellent. so stay away from those big clubs if you want to experience NYC the right way. Then again, if VERY loud music, men in wife beaters, women with too much hair spray in their hair, long lines, and plastic cups is your thing then by all means go to copacabana, webster hall, and other similar establishments.....

shambohh said:
As you will learn in the years you'll spend in NYC, the aforementioned Clubs are really bad compared to the chilled out atmosphere you get on the LES or in the EV. I'm just trying to save you both money and time. Almost nowhere in the LES charges a cover, the people are cool, and the drinks are excellent. so stay away from those big clubs if you want to experience NYC the right way. Then again, if VERY loud music, men in wife beaters, women with too much hair spray in their hair, long lines, and plastic cups is your thing then by all means go to copacabana, webster hall, and other similar establishments.....

I agree, but I do have to say that I love me some loud music. Plus I don't drink alcohol at all, so its pretty pointless for me to go to bars and just sit there. In addition, there's always the guest list and of course ladies night, and no I do not use hair spray :laugh:

shambohh said:

Is it so wrong to be there just to dance?

palminator2003 said:
Is it so wrong to be there just to dance?

You can dance for FREE in other places.......

And

for the person who doesn't drink, why pay a cover charge to go somehwere you won't drink at?

To each is own I guess, I was just trying to save you an uneccesary headache.

shambohh said:
You can dance for FREE in other places.......

And

for the person who doesn't drink, why pay a cover charge to go somehwere you won't drink at?

To each is own I guess, I was just trying to save you an uneccesary headache.

Well, this is salsa dancing we're talking about. If you know of places, please share :) Besides, they've got to make money off of you somehow. If you aren't drinking, then the cover is the only way to meet the electric bill. But, I hear you if you just want to go drinking or just meet new people. It just depends on what your up for. :cool:

Just Alphabetizing the list for our game of "clue".

burgers
Checkmate
chumpana
Dr. Ayy
EllieElle
GreatSplanchnic
lulubean
MSSM2008
palminator2003
QueenVicious
sweatybrain
TheUglyOne

Has anyone heard anything about Second look yet? :confused: I called a few weeks ago and was told they sent out information about it, but I never recieved anything. Mind you it took me about three weeks to get my acceptance package after the e-mail notice, so I guess the US Post Office has a hard time finding me :D

Dr. AYY said:
Has anyone heard anything about Second look yet? :confused: I called a few weeks ago and was told they sent out information about it, but I never recieved anything. Mind you it took me about three weeks to get my acceptance package after the e-mail notice, so I guess the US Post Office has a hard time finding me :D

I haven't heard anything about second look weekend either. It also took me 3 weeks to receive the acceptance package after the email and I live in NYC.

QueenVicious said:
I haven't heard anything about second look weekend either. It also took me 3 weeks to receive the acceptance package after the email and I live in NYC.

So I guess the USPS doesn't hate me but is delaying all of Mt. Sinai's mail :D

I bet they used the central post office across from The Garden. Ever been in there? The lines there last for hours if not days :p

Has anyone recieved their financial aid packet yet? :confused:

Dr. AYY said:
Has anyone recieved their financial aid packet yet? :confused:

Noo...

And what's this about a second look weekend? Dr. AYY, did anyone in admissions give you a definite date for that, or is this going to be like last year where they never actually hold a second look weekend?

EllieElle said:
Noo...

And what's this about a second look weekend? Dr. AYY, did anyone in admissions give you a definite date for that, or is this going to be like last year where they never actually hold a second look weekend?

I actually spoke to the admissions office yesterday and they said May 6-7 and we should get info in the next week or so. Although they did tell me the same thing three weeks ago when I asked them. Aghh :(

I just received an email stating that the second look weekend will be on May 6 & 7. So I guess it's official :)

Hey Guys,

Anyone get the email that was supposed to contain the details of the revisit weekend? I think it was supposed to be sent out end of last week?

kakashi said:
Hey Guys,

Anyone get the email that was supposed to contain the details of the revisit weekend? I think it was supposed to be sent out end of last week?

NOPE, I really hope that we have the second look weekend. I talked to a few current Sinai students who said that they were supposed to have one but it fell through. I really, really hope that doesn't happen to us to, I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

I just got the email for the 2nd look weekend. Checkin is 3-4pm on friday May 6. Events start at 4PM. So, who's going to attend the whole thing? Who's staying the night?

Also, what are your prefs for the restaurant and afternoon activities?

Woah, palmi, our poor thread is nearing death.

I'll be there on the 6th/7th! But if I told you what my prefs were for the restaurant/morning stuff, that might give away my super secret identity ;)

And now I must figure the best way to carry a sleeping bag onto the subway... any bright ideas?

Just sent in my RSVP. Sleeping bags, EllieElle? I thought they'd let you dump it somewhere when you checked in. Anyway, $20 is waaay to much to spend on food alone.... ;) See you all at dinner!

So apparently I jumped the gun about 12 hours too early about the second look weekend actually happening. I am really excited, I just don't know where to get a sleeping bag :confused: By the way Palminator I definitely agree with you that we could spend a few of those $20 on something liquidy perhaps :rolleyes: WOOOOHOOO i'll see you all soon :D

Dr. AYY said:
So apparently I juped the gun about 12 hours too early about the second look weekend happening. I am really excited, I just don't know where to get a sleeping bag :confused: By the way Palminator I definitely agree with you that we could spend a few of those $20 on something liquidy perhaps :rolleyes: WOOOOHOOO i'll see you all soon :D

um, i was actually thinking that the 20 dollars would not even cover our meal!

anyway, given that there are multiple dinner locations (at least three of them downtown, one west, one center, and one east), maybe we could all get together for a drink after dinner.... a nice way for everyone to get to meet each other.

looking forward to meeting y'all!

I was thinking of getting the cheaper meal and getting a drink ;) jk , but I would be up for a post dinner gathering to get to now everyone a bit better. I am sure we'll have plenty of people intersted too.

Hey guys,
I just got my acceptance e-mail from Sinai yesterday. I was totally not expecting it cause I completely bombed my interview. I was pretty set on going to NYU and now I'm not 100% sure. Any1 else deciding btwn these schools? I know that they are sthe ame reputation wise and I like NYU's location a little bit better and I got a full tuition scholarship from them but I still liked Sinai. What do u guys think?

for you it seems like NYU would be the best with the full scholarship and the "better" location.

aar239 said:
Hey guys,
I just got my acceptance e-mail from Sinai yesterday. I was totally not expecting it cause I completely bombed my interview. I was pretty set on going to NYU and now I'm not 100% sure. Any1 else deciding btwn these schools? I know that they are sthe ame reputation wise and I like NYU's location a little bit better and I got a full tuition scholarship from them but I still liked Sinai. What do u guys think?

aar239 said:
Hey guys,

When did you interview? I intereviewed on March 18th, just wondering when I will hear from them.

aar239 said:
Hey guys,

It depends on your personality IMHO. NYU has a rep for fostering more of the gunner mentality whereas Sinai is a bit more laid back. Then again, the full tuition scholarship is tough to beat. As for location, everything in the city is pretty convenient. Just take a subway. Also, housing at Sinai is pretty nice. Just my 2¢.

Hiiii everyone! I'm 22...a New Yorker born and raised. I'm totally interested in attending MSSM next year with you all. I can't wait to start. I'll revive the thread that started back in the day..here goes...

Favorite Color: Blue at dusk
Favorite Snack: Humus and crackers
Favorite Ice Cream: Sherbert
Favorite Show: Friends and Fresh Prince of Belair (classics)
Favorite Movies: I'm a lover for sappy romance movies
Favorite Music: Everything
Favorite Singer: Celine Dion
Favorite Place to Eat in NY: Too many!! Serendipity, Tao, Le Cirque, and Bluewater Grill

Soooo, what did everybody think of revisit weekend? I had such a blast... I'll look forward to seeing you guys come August :)

I had a good time as well. By the way Ellie, I think I sat with you during the lunch on Saturday. I'm guessing this because I think you mentioned something about teaching or having studied latin and greek.

QueenVicious said:
I had a good time as well. By the way Ellie, I think I sat with you during the lunch on Saturday. I'm guessing this because I think you mentioned something about teaching or having studied latin and greek.

Ahh! Too funny :) I suppose I'd be easy enough to pick out of a crowd, since there weren't too terribly many Latin majors there this weekend...

I have to say that I loved everyone at our lunch table, but I'm embarassed to admit that I've forgotten the names of EVERYONE I met-- schmooze overload. Oh well! Lots of fun anyway!