Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Official: Not Accepted To A "u.s." Allopathic School Yet And I'm Sick Of Waitlists!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SM-UCLA tech, Dec 10, 2002.

1. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1
    7+ Year Member

Anyone else feeling frustrated too???

+pissed+ :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I think they all are.....just read the posts. Everyone on hear is a big ball of stress. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. :D

4. Emergen-C

Emergen-C Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Waitlists ... :mad:

...or hearing NOTHING :confused: at all... MONTHS after you have interviewed?

Hmmm...either way the ball is out of your court until you get a n offer...and yes, we are all pulling our hair out and biting our fingernails until they bleed...:mad: :mad:

5. Dr. Lawyer

Dr. Lawyer Member
    10+ Year Member

The majority of applicants to U.S. medical schools this year will get in NOWHERE! That means that if you get into a (to be pronounced comically as "ahhhh") school, you should conisder yourself lucky.

Defective students will be admitted to medical school this year. Some will have their licenses revoked many years down the road. Excellent candidates won't get it. It helps to keep in mind that this process is less about admitting the best future doctors than it is about ensuring high board scores and filling quotas.

6. Saluki

Saluki 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

No doubt what you're saying is true, but it makes me feel rather sad.... On the upside, for whoever started the post, being waitlisted is a good thing. I know it may not seem that way, but tons of people get in off waitlists every year. Every year there are applicants who get in at several schools, but they can only pick one. Once they've decided that they would rather go to UCSF and decide not to attend Stanford, Yale, U of Chicago, and the 30 other schools they applied to, you'll start moving up the list to grab one of their slots. So, smile! A waitlist spot just means you'll have to wait a little longer to break open the champagne!

7. geromine

geromine Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yeah waitlists suck. Especially knowing that you are not going to find out anything for another 3-4 months!!!
    It almost seems like at this point all the schools are accepting the same group of hotshots who for some reason are applying to 35 schools (I talked to one of these chumps...) Then come spring time all the middle tier, ivy league wanna be schools realize that their accepted candidates have decided to go harvard or oxford or wherever the hell else they all go to. Then after frustrating the very people that are going to be in their classes come next year, they finally send in those acceptance letters. (This really is true I talked to students at UMich and about half their class comes off the waitlist. And they cheerfully tell you that they even took someone the day before orientation.)

I don't know whose fault this is but it gets on my nerves. Being on waitlist from both of my top two choices despite having interviewed early on and having had decent interviews. This really sucks. :mad: :mad: