LadyJubilee8_18

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2005
Houston Tx/ Dallas Tx
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I really don't want to post all my stats right next to the 300+ step scores and purely Harvard pedigrees. I am however, proud of where I'm going, and I'd like us all to be able to share where we're headed with a bit less pressure. Keep it simple, whatever you want to tell is fine.

I'm going to Vanderbilt, my #1 and I feel awesome about it!

Jan 16, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Congratulations! Vandy is awesome and I have some friends/classmates that matched there. Love this thread.:) I'll simply say that I got my #1 choice at one of the "big four". The other thread is getting out of control. If people want that much specific information about each person matching at each program, talk to an advisor or PD. Contact a resident or faculty member who's already at the program you want to go to. That's what I did and it helps. Reading SDN member stats does not.

Enjoy the rest of 4th year!!

houstoncfh

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Congratulations! Vandy is awesome and I have some friends/classmates that matched there. Love this thread.:) I'll simply say that I got my #1 choice at one of the "big four". The other thread is getting out of control. If people want that much specific information about each person matching at each program, talk to an advisor or PD. Contact a resident or faculty member who's already at the program you want to go to. That's what I did and it helps. Reading SDN member stats does not.

Enjoy the rest of 4th year!!
This is absolutely, hands down, some of the best advice on SDN.

Feb 2, 2010
Status
MD/PhD Student
I really don't want to post all my stats right next to the 300+ step scores and purely Harvard pedigrees. I am however, proud of where I'm going, and I'd like us all to be able to share where we're headed with a bit less pressure. Keep it simple, whatever you want to tell is fine.

I'm going to Vanderbilt, my #1 and I feel awesome about it!
I know I'm one of those people on that thread and I'm going to Harvard and blah but I just wanted to really really warmly and genuinely congratulate you. I LOVED my Vanderbilt interview. Dr Sergent was out of this world and amazing. He personally walked me from the IM offices to the other hospital and we had some of the greatest conversations I've had with any PD on the trail. Despite the fact that there were all these other interviewees there, I felt like I was the only person at his side throughout the entire day. Everyone else focused on my application/research, but he was one of the only people to ask me to tell a story about a personal experience I've had on the wards that really moved me. He just somehow knew I was serious about working hard, serious about my passion for the field, and just echoed that back to me about himself and the program. It made a stunning impact on me. Unfortunately due to location (and just 2 weeks of vacation!) I couldn't rank it highly but this is a fantastic program and anyone who goes there is so so fortunate to have Dr Sergent.

Plus, that slick Vanderbilt document portfolio is so sweet!

LadyJubilee8_18

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2005
Houston Tx/ Dallas Tx
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I know I'm one of those people on that thread and I'm going to Harvard and blah but I just wanted to really really warmly and genuinely congratulate you. I LOVED my Vanderbilt interview. Dr Sergent was out of this world and amazing. He personally walked me from the IM offices to the other hospital and we had some of the greatest conversations I've had with any PD on the trail. Despite the fact that there were all these other interviewees there, I felt like I was the only person at his side throughout the entire day. Everyone else focused on my application/research, but he was one of the only people to ask me to tell a story about a personal experience I've had on the wards that really moved me. He just somehow knew I was serious about working hard, serious about my passion for the field, and just echoed that back to me about himself and the program. It made a stunning impact on me. Unfortunately due to location (and just 2 weeks of vacation!) I couldn't rank it highly but this is a fantastic program and anyone who goes there is so so fortunate to have Dr Sergent.

Plus, that slick Vanderbilt document portfolio is so sweet!
Thank you, I ended up choosing them for all those reasons. It came down to Vandy, Duke, and Columbia for me, but in the end I thought that the feel of the program made all the difference. Congratulations on Harvard! It's a wonderful accomplishment and I wish you the best of luck. Yesterday was a great day for us all.

Jan 19, 2010
Status
Johns Hopkins!

I too really enjoyed my day in Vanderbilt. Dr. Sergent is awesome and the residents I know there love the program. PLUS the McDonalds next to the Vandy hospital is the #1 grossing McDonalds in all of Tennessee. As you can tell I love Mcdonalds. CONGRATS!!

catfish2010

10+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2009
Status
Medical Student
This board is truly ridiculous.

This thread was intimidated by the previous thread.... and then they matched at Vandy.

UCSD and The Hopkins follows up.

Stop the insanity.

w a n g

blarg
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think we need to make another followup intimidated thread.. then the mid tier universities can start posting =)

Captopril

10+ Year Member
May 10, 2008
The ICU
Status
Fellow [Any Field]

This thread was intimidated by the previous thread.... and then they matched at Vandy.

Stop the insanity.
If you haven't noticed, all of SDN is ridiculous. Just jack up your stats, say you got in to a top 4 prog, and join the auto-fellating party.

ranmyaku

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]

Stop the insanity.

And they 'couldn't decide between Vandy, Duke, and Columbia..'.lol.

Hassler

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think we need to make another followup intimidated thread.. then the mid tier universities can start posting =)
Maybe we need several official match list threads for different tier programs lol

IDforMe

Not recovered...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Got my #1 and am THRILLED about it!

Since mentioning where would be equally likely to end up with me accused of "auto-fellating" or being sneered at, judging from prior comments on SDN, its probably safer to just not mention it.

Jan 19, 2010
Status

Since mentioning where would be equally likely to end up with me accused of "auto-fellating" or being sneered at, judging from prior comments on SDN, its probably safer to just not mention it.
Alot of haters here =(.
Don't hate just participate!

Mar 25, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]

Would actually love to know, so dont worry about the others. Just spill it!

I matched at Pitt, my #1 choice. So any of you who are around and also at Pitt, feel free to PM me.

IDforMe

Not recovered...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Would actually love to know, so dont worry about the others. Just spill it!

I matched at Pitt, my #1 choice. So any of you who are around and also at Pitt, feel free to PM me.
Going to Mayo and stoked about it! Congrats on getting your #1 too!

ResidentMD

7+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2009
Status
Congratulations! Mayo is an awesome program. I interviewed there and really liked it - but it wasn't on the top of my list due to certain other factors (nothing to do with the quality of the training or the residency program in itself). I am really happy for you - that is an awesome program and their fellowships, of course speak for themselves.

LJ, so happy you got Vandy!