***Official Nova CDM Class of 2012***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats......

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if NOVA is full yet?
r they still interviewing?
Thanx

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone tell me which laptop was issued to the class of 2011? I figure they will give us the new version (if there is one) of last year's laptop.

I don't know but i hope it is a nice one...... but nice usually means expensive too.....

might want to ask this in the dental (not pre-dent) forum... probably find out much faster.

i am curious about this too since my laptop is only a year old :smuggrin:

EDIT: i will start this thread in dental

My laptop is a DELL Latitude D820. Class of 2010. I don't know if what the D1's got is much different. You end up paying a ton, I think mostly because in comes with a 4 year warranty. My whole classes batteries bit the dust pretty quick but most of us got new ones because they warrantied the batteries for one year. My second battery has already bit the dust again and now I would have to pay. Sometimes I feel like throwing this thing against the wall! I wish I could tell you it's all peaches and cream here at nova but there is a lot of truth in anonymousnova's thread. Some of the people that posted at the end of that thread saying that Nova is great I'm sure would now sing a different tune. I know of one story about one of the posters getting screwed but it's not really my place to smear it all over student doctor. It's not all bad, Nova has potential but dental school is dental school. Most of the time I feel like I'm back in high school. Good luck to all.

My laptop is a DELL Latitude D820. Class of 2010. I don't know if what the D1's got is much different. You end up paying a ton, I think mostly because in comes with a 4 year warranty. My whole classes batteries bit the dust pretty quick but most of us got new ones because they warrantied the batteries for one year. My second battery has already bit the dust again and now I would have to pay. Sometimes I feel like throwing this thing against the wall! I wish I could tell you it's all peaches and cream here at nova but there is a lot of truth in anonymousnova's thread. Some of the people that posted at the end of that thread saying that Nova is great I'm sure would now sing a different tune. I know of one story about one of the posters getting screwed but it's not really my place to smear it all over student doctor. It's not all bad, Nova has potential but dental school is dental school. Most of the time I feel like I'm back in high school. Good luck to all.

What do you feel the program is lacking? Specifically, what about Nova makes it feel like you are back in Highschool?

I appreciate your input !

What do you feel the program is lacking? Specifically, what about Nova makes it feel like you are back in Highschool?

I appreciate your input !

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Mandatory attendance, pop quizzes, needing a doctors note to prove that you had a reason to miss class, some teachers playing favorites. Sound like high school?:laugh: Sometimes I don't think the link is made between the books and the real world. But even with that said, I have learned a ton and was well prepared for the boards. The school has it's strong points.

Congatulations to all of you accepted to Nova!!! I was accepted to a school in Arizona and must sell/rent my condo. The condo is located 2 miles from the school. Many other Nova pre-professionals live in the complex. If anyone is interested please check out the link... http://century21acaruana.sef.mlxchange.com/4.2.05.20/Tools/MultiImageViewer/MediaViewerDlg.asp?Mode=1&DefaultTab=0&Address=9480%20TANGERINE%20PL%20%23%20203&SysPropID=302622286&PageType=&ShowAttachments=0&ShowImages=1&ShowLinks=0
You can contact me via e-mail or phone. Please tell your classmates as well. Congratulations again and good luck!!:D

[email protected]
954-937-6718

I apologize that I'm not actually a class member, was just wondering if some people who got into NOVA could tell me their stats (or what they think competitive stats are) to get into NOVA. I'll be applying summer 09 and want to make sure my stats are suburb to give me the best chance of getting in. Currently I have a 3.8 GPA and have not taken the DAT (not taking it for another year).

My GPA is about the same as yours 3.834... I got a 19 TS/20 AA/23 PAT on the DAT. I have 3 years of Drosophila research under my belt along with some volunteering a lot of shadowing. Good luck next year!

um you can look at my predents stuff to see what my stats are......

Hey guys,

Firstly just wanted to say that I was accepted a few weeks back and I cant wait to begin and to meet everyone!!!
I was wondering if anyone that has been accepted since January has been able to set up their email account and get their NSU ID? I received my webstar pin in the mail a few weeks ago but I still cannot access anything. I called to see what was going on and they said that the system may not allow me to log in until I have sent my second deposit. I therefore sent that deposit last week but it's still not allowing me to access...
Anyone having the same problem?
Thanks for your response :)

Hey guys,

Firstly just wanted to say that I was accepted a few weeks back and I cant wait to begin and to meet everyone!!!
I was wondering if anyone that has been accepted since January has been able to set up their email account and get their NSU ID? I received my webstar pin in the mail a few weeks ago but I still cannot access anything. I called to see what was going on and they said that the system may not allow me to log in until I have sent my second deposit. I therefore sent that deposit last week but it's still not allowing me to access...
Anyone having the same problem?
Thanks for your response :)

i accessed my NSU id and pin at this address
https://www.nova.edu/sbin/nsuidhelp
i only have my first deposit in so far...

i accessed my NSU id and pin at this address
https://www.nova.edu/sbin/nsuidhelp
i only have my first deposit in so far...

Thanks for your response. I will contact them to see whats going on. Also I wanted to let everyone know that Ive been living in S. FL for a long time so if anyone needs any advice as far as where to live etc. feel free to pm me!

hey guys - i was wondering if anybody has heard about financial aid yet? i did my fafsa in mid-march and i havent heard anything.

my sister is starting there in the fall and she got her stafford loan package already (3-4 weeks ago) and i have still heard nothing. feels like its coming down to the wire...

hey guys - i was wondering if anybody has heard about financial aid yet? i did my fafsa in mid-march and i havent heard anything.

my sister is starting there in the fall and she got her stafford loan package already (3-4 weeks ago) and i have still heard nothing. feels like its coming down to the wire...

I haven't heard anything either... but as long as you finish your FAFSA, i don't think you have anything else to worry about for financial aid at this time. Its not our fault if they haven't sent us anything! lol. We're also waiting for the background check papers to come thru. I definitely feel like we should have more info from the school at this point... but what do i know, lol

Dmonee, did you goto Barry? If so, I met you at your interview, WAY BACK!!!
Holla!

Yea man, i'm pretty sure i know who you are... how's it going? My name is Dustin by the way. Do you have to retake any classes from the nova bms?

Yea man, i'm pretty sure i know who you are... how's it going? My name is Dustin by the way. Do you have to retake any classes from the nova bms?

Yup we're on the same page. Have to retake a couple of classes. I emailed you a couple of times but think I forgot the "6" in your email address. Figure I would missout something minor like that!