OFFICIAL NYCOM CLASS OF 2021 (OLD WESTBURY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tom1994

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought Id make a forum for those who were accepted to and attending NYCOM starting Fall 2017 (Class of 2021). Thought it would be a good place for any questions, housing, financial aid, ect....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Report in. Just sent my reply and deposited to reserve a spot. Does anyone know when NYITCOM send out financial aid package or loan information? I am afraid that I may not be able to get the loan to cover tuition and other expenses, given my undergrad loan.

Reporting in! I did not yet get financial aid information, I think that will be later on.

Report in. Just sent my reply and deposited to reserve a spot. Does anyone know when NYITCOM send out financial aid package or loan information? I am afraid that I may not be able to get the loan to cover tuition and other expenses, given my undergrad loan.
i think they give it out later towards the summer but im not sure. you can always call and ask.

Hey guys,
quick question: when is the last date to file the FAFSA? Is it April 1 or something? I am not too sure.
on the folder it says june 1 is the date tuition is due

I can't find the information anywhere
thanks!

Hi everyone! Its going to be great meeting you all at orientation. Is anyone else apartment hunting or looking for a potential roomate. The cost of attendance is absurd so id like to have roomates to lower the costs.

I just started looking because I was deciding between two schools, I'm definitely going to need a roommate based on housing costs nearby and estimated cost of living from Financial Aid.

I just started looking because I was deciding between two schools, I'm definitely going to need a roommate based on housing costs nearby and estimated cost of living from Financial Aid.

I recommend checking the facebook page if you're invited to it, people are constantly posting about housing/roommates there. Some of the rooms are going for pretty cheap too!

Did anyone have issues activating their NYIT account to pay the deposit? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Hi everyone! Its going to be great meeting you all at orientation. Is anyone else apartment hunting or looking for a potential roomate. The cost of attendance is absurd so id like to have roomates to lower the costs.
I'm in the same boat as you, lemme know if you find anything!

I'm also having issues. What did you end up doing to fix it?

I called IT and they told me that it takes 48 hours for them to activate your account after your acceptance because they have to enter your information into the computer and verify it.