Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2013 Waitlist Movement Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bearandmonkey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for Dr Mejia to call.Anyone else out there waiting on NYUCD?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't keep waiting for her... call Dr. Mejia once a week to let her know you're still interested. I can name two classmates off the top of my head who were accepted because they used that method. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Don't keep waiting for her... call Dr. Mejia once a week to let her know you're still interested. I can name two classmates off the top of my head who were accepted because they used that method. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Yupp. Kissing @$$ FTW. Got me through college

I'm waitlisted as well... Does anyone know approximately when the bulk of the movement happens, has it already came and gone?

There was movement a month ago but silence since.Thats the primary reason why I started this thread to hopefully chart progress of possible acceptances.NYUCD is a great school and I hope to get in.For those that have already gotten into the school of their choice congratulations.

At this point I guess lack of feedback means better luck next year.Sigh....

I just declined my seat yesterday. So there's at least one opened up... hope that helps

Are you sure that works? cause honestly I would think that would annoy her. Also how are you supposed to call her directly? cause when I call the admissions line, it's usually a toss up between her and 2 other people

Members don't see this ad :)
Just read that someone got an interview at NYUCD.Good newsor Bad?

Honestly, I'd say bad for us on the waitlist. Why interview new people if you have such a big wait list?

but don't take my word on it

My friend called Dr Mejia today and she said there are no spots right now.

I got a call from Dr. Mejia this morning and I am in. So I guess there are still spots available. I was interviewed in Feb. I have been checking this site everyday to find out about the waitlist status and noone was posting anything. :( I understand how frustrate it can be, so there you have it. you still have chances of getting in this year. so dont give up hope... I wrote my DAT for third time in june and applied for 2010 cycle. :eek: I was under so much pressure and stress. dammm I wish she called little bit earlier but hey, i aint complaining. aghhh I made it yay !!! :laugh:

wow.That gives guys like us still hoping for a miracle a positive sign.ANyone else hear anything lately????

Hey noone s posting on this thread about NYUCD Waitlist movement? Whatsgoing on?Anyone been accepted recently?

have been interviewed back in may, been waitlisted since, haven't heard anything yet... does anyone think there are any chances of getting in for this year???

Opinion based on the past. Look at NYUCD Waitlist for class 2012 and 2011.

any updates??? did anyone hear anything from NYU???

i hope you guys are applying again instead of hoping youll get off the waitlist.

i wouldn't give up just yet...the bulk of the movement happens in august, so there is still a chance...so stop with the pessimism!!

To everyone on the Waitlist:

Don't lose hope but make sure you have a back up plan, aka grad school, more experience, or anything to boost your application.

Last year I was in the same situation, I was put on the waitlist and waited just like many of you are with agony and hoping for a phone call. Just when I lost hope I got in! I was the last person to get into NYU last year. They called me the 1st day of classes at 5pm. Don't ever think its too late!

-Bizznet
(Happiest Dental Student Ever!!!)

I hear ya Bizznet.Its just tough waiting thats all.Hey Bizznet when you did get accepted how much money in terms of tuition was due immediately?

Good luck all. Glad to see so much interest in this place.

I hear ya Bizznet.Its just tough waiting thats all.Hey Bizznet when you did get accepted how much money in terms of tuition was due immediately?

I had to pay $2500 immediately to secure my spot. And then I spent a couple extra days getting finances setup while everyone else was getting to meet each other.

-Bizzy

Still waiting.Anybody else get accepted from class of 2013 waitlist?

Does anyone have an idea about approximately how many people are on the waitlist???

A classmate of mine just got a call from Dr Mejia today, she was on the waitlist and declined the offer so someone must have gotten the spot. Looks like there is still hope!

Wow Phungy thanks for telling us that.It gives us all hope.Anyone else out there declining their waitlist invite? I hope I get a call soon.Does anyone know when Dr Mejia makes these calls or if she will try to contact you via email?I just don't want to mis the oppurtunity.

I am waiting to hear something too.. This has been the most frustrated experience in my life for 8 months. I made a call before and just got confirmed that I am on their active wait list. :( slightly losing hope but still waiting..

Yeah I called the office today regarding the waitlist.Orientation is on Monday 8/24.If we dont get off the waitlist by 8/25 5pm than its better luck next year.Anybody else with more concrete information?

Just got a call and I am in.Thanks for all that posted.This will be my last post.

hey bearandmonkey, congratulations on your acceptance. You seriouly deserve it because you never once gave up hope! Goodluck.

I hear that people often get in the last few days.

I spoke with Dr. Mejia several times, she was encouraging and told me to stay positive and wait.

Does anyone know if they rank you?

i was told that the waitlist isn't ranked. does anyone have an idea as to how many people are waitlisted this year???

I've just gotten a call from Dr. Mejia. She will give me a call again tomorrow morning for my visa issue (I am a Canadian). Hopefully everything goes well before class starts on Monday.

Can't believe I got a call this late, but better late than never.:laugh:

got a call from Dr. Mejia on Monday!!! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! There is still a chance of getting in...Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Hey would it be possible to ask your guy's stats because i WOULD LOVE TO ATTEND NYU this year as well? Thanks