Official Nyu Cost Of Attendance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeamerM3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Fellow NYU Class of 2010.....

Just got the award letter and for 2006-07 the cost is $81,075 which includes housing.

I officially owe 81K in loans...... :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

****, lol... What else did the letter say? I got a huge ups package yesterday that was mostly medical stuff and computer stuff. Is the financial stuff separate?

Galen1 said:
****, lol... What else did the letter say? I got a huge ups package yesterday that was mostly medical stuff and computer stuff. Is the financial stuff separate?

Hey I havent still received any package on housing or financial or computers yet.... whats up with the school in sending the stuff??? I turned in my deposit like around 6th April.... This is taking forever....

Members don't see this ad :)
Galen1 said:

Hi Galen,

Did you purchase the computer from NYU?

Nah, I'm gonna buy one in a few months and I'll research prices at that time.

damn BeamerM3, that's crazy...hopefully i can bring that cost down significantly with the off campus living thing...plus I'll probably only eat rice and curry with some aloo...that should bring my food expenses to $5.00 a week

hopefully I'll get my award letter this week...they said mine was processed on monday

Indy

That has gotta be a real high/low situation(mostly high). You get in and later get hit with an 81g bill.

psychobruin...hang in there, it'll come soon enough...

Have you submitted your fafsa and the two deposits?

I still need to work on completing my vaccinations, getting a laptop, and finding a place to live...other than that...dental school should be easy! kidding

Indy

Hey guys, when you talk about NYU processing your award letter, what does that mean exactly? Does everyone get a different total tuition rate depending on what awards they receive?

Is it New York school ? I thought it's really expensive ??? around $235K for 4 years???? hmm.... maybe in state huh ????

moonlight123 said:
Is it New York school ? I thought it's really expensive ??? around $235K for 4 years???? hmm.... maybe in state huh ????

uhh.....try 320K for 4 years. 81 is just for the first year!

Yo indyy....u find any real estate man?

I think i'm just gonna dorm the first year. I hear the rooms arent that bad. And u meet all the dental and med students.

BeamerM3 said:
uhh.....try 320K for 4 years. 81 is just for the first year!

Yo indyy....u find any real estate man?

I think i'm just gonna dorm the first year. I hear the rooms arent that bad. And u meet all the dental and med students.

So the total is 81k? Geez, so thats how much they want you to borrow? Does that include health insurance, dorms, and all school cost? Haven't got mine yet, let me know what that number goes towards. Thanks.

nah Beamer...still looking, probably head up there in the next week or so if I can get some time away from work. I have a few places in mind, but all 1 BR...need my space during those grueling 4 years

Indy

Hey all you guys that received the award letter... Did it say when you will receive the money? Does it give you a choice of lenders?

By the way, for all you peeps that have federal undergrad loans, remember that interest rates will go up this July! So, consolidate to the lower 4.7% currently offered! :thumbup:

I think Citibank has special best deal for NYU students.
You cannot consolidate your student loans until you are in the 4th year.