Official October 18, 2008 PCAT Scores (Post Here)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtue1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi October 2008 PCAT Candidates.
Please Post your Scores in this Format.
You Can Copy and Paste the Format and Put in your actual Scores.
You can say how you feel about the Pcat and the Experience as well as comment on people's scores and their chances relative to other factors.
Thanks!!! & Goodluck!!!

Multiple-Choice Scores:::Scaled Score::::percentile Rank

Verbal Ability xxx/xx
Biology xxx/xx
Reading Comprehension xxx/xx
Quantitative Ability xxx/xx
Chemistry xxx/xx
Composite xxx/xx

Writing Scores
Conventions of Language x.x
Problem Solving x.x

Members don't see this ad.

Verbal Ability 479/99
Biology 435/91
Reading Comprehension 433/89
Quantitative Ability 438/91
Chemistry 508/99
Composite 459/99

Writing Scores
Conventions of Language 3.0
Problem Solving 3.0

wow it seems like Oct 08 pcat scores is relatively bad for sdners...me inclusive but we should try and post our score as well as advice each other on the prospect of earning an interview, perhaps an acceptance. I'm spitting jargon but i hope to see more people oblige to this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
so I guess you received your score already.....I haven't received my personal report but Pharmas had mine up already....i don't know what's going on....this is just exactly 6 weeks but pharmas had it last monday ..hichichic...i'm freaking out.....

p/s: is there anyone else who hasn't received the 0ct. score....

Verbal Ability 413/69
Biology 425/84
Reading Comprehension 408/58
Quantitative Ability 438/91
Chemistry 401/47 ...ouch!
Composite 417/76

Writing Scores
Problem Solving 2.5

Last edited:
so I guess you received your score already.....I haven't received my personal report but Pharmas had mine up already....i don't know what's going on....this is just exactly 6 weeks but pharmas had it last monday ..hichichic...i'm freaking out.....

p/s: is there anyone else who hasn't received the 0ct. score....
ya i havent received my scores for oct 08.....i live in VA but i think today will make it 5 weeks not 6 weeks...so i still havent lost my hair over it yet........pharmcas received my score on the 17th but amazingly the schools whose deadline is dec 1st havent received my scores.....i applied to 4 universities ...so far no interviews no nothing.....i have fallen into deep depression...

I want to suicide.

Verbal Ability --------------382 - 20
Biology -------------------405- 56
Reading Comp. -------------374-11
Quantitative Ability --------434-88
Chemistry -----------------401-47
Composite ----------------399-41

Writing 3.0 and 3.0
I am screwed people..this is my third year and most of the school do not accept Jan score...I definitely do not want to wait one whole year...ohhh goDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I want to suicide.

Verbal Ability --------------382 - 20
Biology -------------------405- 56
Reading Comp. -------------374-11
Quantitative Ability --------434-88
Chemistry -----------------401-47
Composite ----------------399-41

Writing 3.0 and 3.0
I am screwed people..this is my third year and most of the school do not accept Jan score...I definitely do not want to wait one whole year...ohhh goDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Relax, it is not the end of the world for you. You might have to wait a whole year unless you apply to non-pcat schools which are quite competitve as well. Try those schools but i tell you, 41 comp probably won't earn you anything. Your plan should include taking the pcat again, perhaps in June when you av studied for months. Maybe you can nail 90+. I took it four times and i ended up with a 79 as my highest in all 4 trials.

Relax, it is not the end of the world for you. You might have to wait a whole year unless you apply to non-pcat schools which are quite competitve as well. Try those schools but i tell you, 41 comp probably won't earn you anything. Your plan should include taking the pcat again, perhaps in June when you av studied for months. Maybe you can nail 90+. I took it four times and i ended up with a 79 as my highest in all 4 trials.

I am retaking it in Jan....but again its too late

have been accepted anywhere?

I feel what you feel...like virtue1 said..it's not the end of the world..my score isn't so good either..it's better than the first time i took but ...not gonna be good enough ...but i try to stay positive since i think my gpa is competitive....they do take a lot to considerate your application...so...stay positive......

to braintransplant : i got my score today..i actually called them and they said it was mailed out last thursday...so we would all receive our score some time this week...and i got mine today when i got home....I was also told that pcat is the first one ..receiving the score ..so ..no surprise!!!!

Verbal Ability 413/69
Biology 425/84
Reading Comprehension 408/58
Quantitative Ability 428/91
Chemistry 401/47 ...ouch!
Composite 417/76

Writing Scores
Problem Solving 2.5

Dougwell, i recieved similar scores, also a composite of 76...im thinking about retaking it...are u going to retake it or apply anyway

Dougwell, i recieved similar scores, also a composite of 76...im thinking about retaking it...are u going to retake it or apply anyway

It's a toss up. I'm going to apply anyway and hope for the best. Even if I retake in Jan., the scores will not be available for most schools.

Quantitative Ability 428/91

how come u got 91 percentile with 428 and others got 88 percentile with 434??

The norm group is comprised of all first-time test takers who took the PCAT between October 1998 and March 2003.

so everyone's score is compared to the same norm group??

I'm confused...I had a scaled score that was like 401, but it was a 45 composite (uh, yeah I was pissed)...But 30 points away it's considered an 88...Give me a break...:mad:

You want me to give you a break? Ok ...

Wow I did HORRIBLY!! I mean...I didn't study, I haven't completed Organic I or Bio II, and I had a lot of major personal stuff going on. I SOBBED when I got my scores. I got an 89 in Verbal Ability and 3.0 in each of the writing sections...other than that...it was TERRIBLE. WAY worse than I expected...24 in Quant and 30something for Bio and Chem...

Welp, everything is pointing to this taking an extra year. So be it. :D

And it has taken me this long to even show my face here to tell you all my scores. :laugh:

Oh well. That's life. I will take it next summer and do better. How do you retract your applications? I won't even have prereqs completed anymore because of my personal stuff and health.