+++Official OHSU Dental School Class of 2014 thread+++

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anschutz1913

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been made yet.....Who else is decided????

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So is anybody else going to OHSU??? guess ill be class ranked first and last

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, have u thought about where you are going to live? to commute or not???

I'll be moving in from out of state, so I'll be looking for a place to stay! No idea where to start though.

hey i just noticed this thread, I'm not dental (X_X) but I am from Portland so I thought I'd offer some advice on the area if you guys need. OHSU is located in NW portland and alot of the medical students live on the hill as it's called so it makes walking distance to OHSU possible. My sister did her medical school there and lived in an apartment about 4 minutes walk away from campus and it was a 2 bedroom 2 bath place for about 800-900 dollars?

If you don't mind commuting, Portland traffic isn't bad, there are cheaper places to live in SW Portland around Beaverton or you can choose to live downtown and take the bus to OHSU that comes by. It rains here quite often so this may not be a very good option for some =(

If you have any other questions, just PM me.

I will be going to OHSU this fall also! Looking forward to meeting you all :)

And you are not now? Has anybody else heard from them recently?

I still am accepted and I still plan to go.

I was just typing fast and I meant, "I was accepted too!" (Though, you're right, present tense preferred).

Where is everyone looking to live while attending OHSU? I'm not very familiar with the Portland area but know that I don't want to live downtown - can anyone offer any advice??

I've just been looking on Craigslist at the moment to get some ideas about living. I plan on living on the hill behind the school. That way I'll be within walking distance.

My advice is that you can live any where as long as it's near a MAX line. However, I would not go further west than Hillsboro. You can get some good deal on apt. in Beaverton and Hillsboro.

Where is everyone looking to live while attending OHSU? I'm not very familiar with the Portland area but know that I don't want to live downtown - can anyone offer any advice??

I've heard from others that Beaverton is a good spot. I will check it out. Thanks!!

I GOT IN!!!!

Now I need to find 3 roomates ... I have a house that is located right behind the school.

Anyone interested?

I just got accepted! coming in from California!

Hopefully you can stand the rain! :laugh:

Congrats to everyone! I don't know about y'all, but I can't wait to finally be done with my undergrad and get to the real stuff! Only one more term! See everyone in August.

hey, have u thought about where you are going to live? to commute or not???

Hi, I'm a second year dental student at OHSU. I moved onto "the Hill" from near-in South East Portland and let me tell you 5 minutes walk is definitely worth it! Beats 30 minute commute for going 3 miles...

I live on SW 11th Ave, and these are the other roads you want to look for housing on if you want to live on the hill: SW Curry, SW 12th, SW 10th, SW Gibbs, SW Gaines. Find them on Craigslist. Some of the apartment complexes up here are called: Marquam Manor, Marquam Hollows, Marquam Trail (?), Hilltop House, and a few others I can't think of.

If you have any questions, I'm here!

Jenna