***Official Pittsburgh Dental School Acceptance c/o 2013 thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BalooTheBear

i've been looking everywhere for this thread, but i guess no one has got around to making one...i wanted to see who else might be going out to Pitt

Just sent in the deposit!!

I'm excited. Most likely going to live in Shady Side (friend told me)

Still a chance I might go to UIC if I get a late call from them, but we'll see

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there next fall. I sent in my deposit a couple of weeks ago.

I'm probably going to be living in shady side as well. I've heard really good things about that area.

Good luck with everything.

I live in Shadyside now and highly recommend it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Can you help me out? I've been trying to figure out if you can get instate tuition after the first year at Pitt? Do any of you guys know?? This is an important factor because my other top choices are private schools and I have an interview scheduled with Pitt in February.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could share if they know for sure!

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Can you help me out? I've been trying to figure out if you can get instate tuition after the first year at Pitt? Do any of you guys know?? This is an important factor because my other top choices are private schools and I have an interview scheduled with Pitt in February.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could share if they know for sure!

Thanks!

There are few posts about this topic, but the answer is no. I hear they make you sign an out-state form or something like each year. The only way I think you can claim in-state is if you own property or if you have been living there for a while. Thats what I was told at the interview.

Hmmmm.. That sux. Someone else who interviewed said you could get instate tuition after the 1st year.

But, thanks for clarifying. I appreciate it!

hello to all, ill be there this fall also

Hey guys,

The acceptance letter from Pitt says to send "final transcripts". Does that mean to send all the transcripts from all the colleges we attended or just transcript from where we got our final degree?

Thanks so much!!!

Did your AADSAS change? Are they mailing out waitlisted and rejections letters soon?

I got the package in the mail today and my AADSAS still says under review.

I'm also assuming they just mean the ones that have your degree on them, but they'll probably eventually want all of them.

Does anyone know when we'll be able to see our financial aid package?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, future classmates! :D Maybe we should revive this thread.

snake3: I think you really only need to send in your spring semester grades, because you should have already submitted all the other grades during regular applications last year through AADSAS. Just request your school to send your transcript at the end of this school year.

thetik: Pittsburgh seems pretty good about updating on AADSAS, at least for me! Has it changed by now?

Wei87 and Vicviper: I've just received the financial aid information last week. The forms are not due until June 4. You can bring them to Orientation instead of mailing them.

Is anyone already looking for housing and roommates? I've looked through this old thread and found it very helpful, though it's from the medical school side. Housing and transportation conversation starts about 1/5 of the way down the page.

Anyone from Pittsburgh who drives to classes? Is it worth it? Where do you park?

hey everyone!!

there's a facebook group if anyone wants to join

If you search "University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine 2013" it should come up

hope to see you there :)

:banana::boom::diebanana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Everyone likes dancing bananas, especially me. Who would consider leaving pitt if the pirates trade nate mcclouth? Also, are classes taped? And why do we need to spend 10 grand on instruments; do they come packaged inside a used honda?

Do u guys know if it is better to get housing or live off campus?

hey everyone!!

there's a facebook group if anyone wants to join

If you search "University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine 2013" it should come up

hope to see you there :)

oops! Thanks Vicviper for the response!
Do you know if most out of staters bring their cars or the public transportation is good over there?

I talked to Rose and she said that there is no on campus housing for dental students, so I guess that solves that question. :)

When I went for my interview I thought the bus system was amazing, especially compared to the area I live (OC / LA). They also said that it would be difficult to have a car, particularly because of parking issues.

yeah... i don't like parking issues ..It's a pain to look for parkings..

When I went for my interview I thought the bus system was amazing, especially compared to the area I live (OC / LA). They also said that it would be difficult to have a car, particularly because of parking issues.

yeah... i don't like parking issues ..It's a pain to look for parkings..

it's true parking is a pain in pittsburgh...but the public transporation could be better. it's true the buses are pretty good, but there's really not much else to it...(i.e. compared to a city like boston where you can just jump on a subway and get anywhere you need to). I'm still a big supporter of public transportation there (esp for getting to/from the school), but you should still know what you're getting into by not having a car.

I guess what you're saying is true, but I was comparing it to the LA / Orange County area public transportation which I've experienced, and I can say that from what I saw when I interviewed, it was hands down amazing compared to what I've got. You're totally right though, a subway would be awesome. LA has a subway, but it totally sucks because it doesn't really go anywhere.