Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @tessellations math bump!

20081010.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry for not posting a comic, but here's a great picture from a couple weeks ago. Basically, while I was weighing out dye to mix it in with a reagent, I ended up knocking the bottle all over myself, the floor, and (by extension) the whole lab. This picture is after I had been mopping for about 3 hours and after I had washed my hands about 10 times. The floor still has a green hue to it.....

upload_2017-2-20_15-55-18.png

Reactions: 5 users
I'm sorry for not posting a comic, but here's a great picture from a couple weeks ago. Basically, while I was weighing out dye to mix it in with a reagent, I ended up knocking the bottle all over myself, the floor, and (by extension) the whole lab. This picture is after I had been mopping for about 3 hours and after I had washed my hands about 10 times. The floor still has a green hue to it.....

View attachment 215103

Haha been there done that. :) Methylene Blue, felt like a member of the Blue Man Group.

Reactions: 4 users
Haha been there done that. :) Methylene Blue, felt like a member of the Blue Man Group.
Mine was Fast Green. Very fortunately, it is water-soluble. It still took a good two weeks to get it out of my hands and untold amounts of scrubbing to get it out of my clothes, but it makes for a good story.

My dad used to tell me about a prank his buddies pulled off in nursing school where they made the punch for a party with non-healthcare people and put a bit of methylene blue as the coloring and waited outside the bathroom to see how long until someone brought it up.

Reactions: 3 users
I went to San Diego yesterday. I went and left the same day, but I will never do the drive by myself again. :arghh: I took my little brother to go see the USS Midway (it was alright). San Diego is nice, but the drivers are horrible there. lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I went to San Diego yesterday. I went and left the same day, but I will never do the drive by myself again. :arghh: I took my little brother to go see the USS Midway (it was alright). San Diego is nice, but the drivers are horrible there. lol

I need to hit up SoCal! I haven't been there in ages!!

I need to hit up SoCal! I haven't been there in ages!!
I almost wish that I was more religious so I could be happy at LLSOM just so I could be close to San Bernardino and my favorite Mexican place.

Reactions: 1 users
If there is one place in SoCal that I would want to live at, it would be San Diego. It's definitely a 3 day minimum trip kinda place in my mind! Plus if you're there during baseball season (and into baseball), Petco Park is great. AND Mexican food for dayz

If there is one place in SoCal that I would want to live at, it would be San Diego. It's definitely a 3 day minimum trip kinda place in my mind! Plus if you're there during baseball season (and into baseball), Petco Park is great. AND Mexican food for dayz
I'm actually pretty grateful for my Mexican upbringing since it imbued me with the ability to disguise tortillas, rice, and beans in many different ways and tell people that it's totally a different meal with a straight face

Reactions: 4 users

Yes, the drivers are awful. Honestly, I'm looking forward to moving. There's a lot about SoCal to like, but California is such a stupid state.

SD is really nice, but I would rather live far away from their downtown.

Yes, the drivers are awful. Honestly, I'm looking forward to moving. There's a lot about SoCal to like, but California is such a stupid state.
I got brake checked 4 times when I barely got there and almost took out two pedestrians. Who tries to outrun a car at the last second?

I got brake checked 4 times when I barely got there and almost took out two pedestrians. Who tries to outrun a car at the last second?

The idiots who live and visit SD. I hate driving anywhere around SD as a whole. Hawaii was almost as bad. Give me the east coast any day for driving.

Umm Boston pedestrians :p

The idiots who live and visit SD. I hate driving anywhere around SD as a whole. Hawaii was almost as bad. Give me the east coast any day for driving.
So I essentially learned how to drive in NorCal and I never understood why people thought west coast drivers are bad drivers vs east coast drivers... East coast drivers (or at least Boston drivers) are always hyper aggressive and angry and drive on reverse on a one way street for 2 blocks to find parking. I guess CA drivers are more indecisive and can be slower drivers so that could be annoying?

I have never visited California (on my bucket list though) but I can attest that Massachusetts drivers and pedestrians (especially in Boston) are very aggressive. People tailgate all the time and people love jaywalking at inconvenient moments. I live in a different part of the state currently, but even in the more rural area I live in, people constantly jaywalk in the center of town despite there being a ton of crosswalks. It's a nightmare!

Umm Boston pedestrians :p

So I essentially learned how to drive in NorCal and I never understood why people thought west coast drivers are bad drivers vs east coast drivers... East coast drivers (or at least Boston drivers) are always hyper aggressive and angry and drive on reverse on a one way street for 2 blocks to find parking. I guess CA drivers are more indecisive and can be slower drivers so that could be annoying?

Basically. Drivers in the northeast can be aggressive sometimes (and aggressive driving is not good usually), but most of the time we don't do that **** unless we have to. I like northeast drivers better because we don't drive as if there's no one else on the road. People here just do whatever they want with no regard for the people around them.

I have never visited California (on my bucket list though) but I can attest that Massachusetts drivers and pedestrians (especially in Boston) are very aggressive. People tailgate all the time and people love jaywalking at inconvenient moments. I live in a different part of the state currently, but even in the more rural area I live in, people constantly jaywalk in the center of town despite there being a ton of crosswalks. It's a nightmare!

People jaywalk like that everywhere. It's bad here too. I almost hit someone the other day because he ran out into the street from between two cars in the middle of the street without stopping at all to look for cars. A second later and I would have plowed into him.

I'm actually pretty grateful for my Mexican upbringing since it imbued me with the ability to disguise tortillas, rice, and beans in many different ways and tell people that it's totally a different meal with a straight face
WE ALL KNOW BURRITOS AND TACOS ARE THE SAME THING.

JUST BECAUSE YOU FINISHED WRAPPING IT DOESN'T MAKE IT A NEW FOOD

@Matthew9Thirtyfive You're also forgetting all of those stupid dips that are in the middle of the road pretty much everywhere except for downtown. I hate them. So much.

Is anyone else a senior in college who starts med school in August?

The hashtag of my life right now is #justTryingToGraduate

WE ALL KNOW BURRITOS AND TACOS ARE THE SAME THING.

JUST BECAUSE YOU FINISHED WRAPPING IT DOESN'T MAKE IT A NEW FOOD
I can neither confirm nor deny that statement. Mexican trade secret. ;)

What the Italians do is none of my business. My business is tortillas, beans, rice, and deception.
What about tortas? And enchiladas? This Mexican cuisine deception is quickly unraveling.

What about tortas? And enchiladas? This Mexican cuisine deception is quickly unraveling.
Tortas are Spanish, I do not dabble with the Spanish.

Enchiladas go in the tortilla category though. Although my grandma's enchiladas had a bean- & rice-based filling

Tortas are Spanish, I do not dabble with the Spanish.

Enchiladas go in the tortilla category though. Although my grandma's enchiladas had a bean- & rice-based filling

Whuuut such blasphemy! jk I'm sure it was so delicious :hungry:

8e1e8a33682766.Y3JvcCwyMTczLDE3MDIsMjUxLDcxMw.jpg

Sounds like something the president would deport.

Reactions: 5 users
Omg. F*** my boss.

That is all.
I feel ya. Except for it's the boss from another department... who comes into ours... and bosses me around... except I'm not even technically a hospital employee and am supposed to be my own department...