Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I put off Gen Zoology until after all the chemistry stuff, and it's the one advisers here kind of shove at all new premeds, so I was in a class of almost entirely freshmen this morning. I felt like a time traveler. Appreciating a box of cheap lo mein is a lot easier after 12 hours of classes.

More importantly, Kickass 2. Mother Russia saved the film.

I had that with Econ 101 once...I was a senior in a frosh-majority class. Everyone would get annoyed at me for debating with the prof when something needed clarification (this was standard in upper levels where I went), and then when they missed it on the test, he would basically just tell them they should have listened when I asked for details instead of rolling their eyes at me. It was pretty fun, actually!

Members don't see this ad.

I had that with Econ 101 once...I was a senior in a frosh-majority class. Everyone would get annoyed at me for debating with the prof when something needed clarification (this was standard in upper levels where I went), and then when they missed it on the test, he would basically just tell them they should have listened when I asked for details instead of rolling their eyes at me. It was pretty fun, actually!

Freshmen are one very interesting group. The only thing I remember as a freshman was getting drunk... and that's about it.

Freshmen are one very interesting group. The only thing I remember as a freshman was getting drunk... and that's about it.

Wait, you remember getting drunk as a frosh? I thought that's how you defined being an upperclassman...you started remembering some of your nights out :smuggrin: /jk

Members don't see this ad :)
I put off Gen Zoology until after all the chemistry stuff, and it's the one advisers here kind of shove at all new premeds, so I was in a class of almost entirely freshmen this morning. I felt like a time traveler. Appreciating a box of cheap lo mein is a lot easier after 12 hours of classes.

More importantly, Kickass 2. Mother Russia saved the film.

you read the comic? I'm pretty sure its much better, I haven't seen either Kickass films but I love the comic series.

Wait, you remember getting drunk as a frosh? I thought that's how you defined being an upperclassman...you started remembering some of your nights out :smuggrin: /jk

Not the actual drunk process, but that time when I was drunk and sonehow landed up in an all-girls floor. When some of then came out of their rooms, they thought I was a burglar, so I tried to make an escape, but I ran and passed out in their clost. Escaped in the morning.

soo, what's everybody doin this weekend?

Members don't see this ad :)
I swear a three day weekend in med school means more work rather than more relaxation... ugh.

Labor Day weekend BBQ plus studying....

i caught up on my summer school work, and my actual work. no parties this weekend :(

soo, what's everybody doin this weekend?

I get off in one hour!! This shift, my first ever shift, was ridiculous! Also, I haven't been on SDN for awhile (which I think is good for my health) how are you all?

I get off in one hour!! This shift, my first ever shift, was ridiculous! Also, I haven't been on SDN for awhile (which I think is good for my health) how are you all?

WACEY HAS RETURNED! SPACEY IS SATISFIED!!!!!!!

/Wacey

/mehc012

/Juan Solo

Dont know the acronym :/

Me neither...when that happens, I just make one up. I decided this one was "cut and trim". Then I rolled my eyes at the bro-ishness my own brain invented, and laughed at myself for being annoyed at my own brain's imitation of something.

Me neither...when that happens, I just make one up. I decided this one was "cut and trim". Then I rolled my eyes at the bro-ishness my own brain invented, and laughed at myself for being annoyed at my own brain's imitation of something.

Cool & Tough. I use it sarcastically

Cool & Tough. I use it sarcastically

Ah. Well then I thank you for spelling it out in its full form when addressing me earlier this week; I would have been REALLY confused otherwise! :laugh:

Spotted this gem while raging at the tailgates yesterday and couldn't stop thinking about bacteriophages. Roll tide.

photo_2.jpg

Hey, guys. So rather than making a thread about it, what are y'alls opinion on volunteer firefighting? I'm thinking of volunteering and going through the course I have some extra time right now, due to FAFSA being a _____. Has anybody else done it before? Before I wanted to be a firefighter as career while I attend college, but my counselor told me is not a job for a pre-med. The departments want to hire people who plan to be there when needed and people who want that job forever.

Last edited:
Hey, guys. So rather than making a thread about it, what are y'alls opinion on volunteer firefighting? I'm thinking of volunteering and going through the course I have some extra time right now, due to FASFA being a _____. Has anybody else done it before? Before I wanted to be a firefighter as career while I attend college, but my counselor told me is not a job for a pre-med. The departments want to hire people who plan to be there when needed and people who want that job forever.

I think if it's something you're genuinely interested in, have time for, and will actually take you, then go for it. Leave aside your application for the moment - although I do think it would look good there - if it's something you really want to do in your life, you better do it now when you have the chance, rather than put it off and never get to do it.

Also +1 for making the font red for your fireman post

I think if it's something you're genuinely interested in, have time for, and will actually take you, then go for it. Leave aside your application for the moment - although I do think it would look good there - if it's something you really want to do in your life, you better do it now when you have the chance, rather than put it off and never get to do it.

Also +1 for making the font red for your fireman post
Thanks. It's something I really want to do, after all I'm all about helping the community.(<<<---extra points for med-school lol) I have time to do it for at least half a year. I already know I'm going to be a non-trad anyways.

I wear gucci. I wear bally at the same damn time!! :eek:
We dont wanna neva end
Its like our life has just began
you walkin out you coming back again
Cause we became the best of friends
You got all the questions and i know all the answers
I done took your heart girl and hold it up for ransom

Great song.

We dont wanna neva end
Its like our life has just began
you walkin out you coming back again
Cause we became the best of friends