• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Official Pre-Dental Personal Statement Reader List 2020-2021

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
  1. Dental Student
NOTE: THIS IS FOR PRE-DENTS! Pre-med students, we will not be able to help you out much!
Link to last year's thread

Hey guys! Time for a new thread :)

Here are some helpful links in regards to writing your PS:
**The Official Personal Statement Guide and PS Readers List **
To Premeds: General Advice on Personal Statements
Depakote's Personal Statement Guide/Tips

Just a few notes:
  • It may be helpful for you to include a bit of a background (ECs especially), so the reader knows a little more about you and can help go from generic -> personal
  • Contact the reader via PM to find the best way to share your PS-- Do NOT post your email address (or any other personal information) here.
    • Common ways are directly in a PM, via Word through emails/attachments, or Google Docs.
  • Reading PS's takes time, so give your readers a week or two to get back to you :)
  • Be sure to have multiple people look at your PS, including other readers and friends & family too!
  • Be wary of those applying this cycle- not to say everyone is out to get you and they're gunna copy your PS, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
  • Please only send the readers final drafts. They are busy and do not have hours to spend working through a PS with you. Please proofread your statement and send it to us for feedback regarding content/flow.
Readers:
  • If you would like to be added or deleted from the list, PM me! (And include any information you'd like users to know).
  • This is strictly on a volunteer basis, so do NOT ask for money or any other type of compensation. You will be removed & reported.
  • If you are unable to read/getting swamped/anything, please let any new requests know so that they aren't waiting on you, and let me know if you'd like to be taken off the list.
  • Do NOT share any part of a user's PS without their permission.
Readers available! (arranged by year, then school):
doc toothache - practicing dentist - see his thread for info
artist2022: D3 at UCLA - have read over 200 in the past two years
ThirdMolarz: D3 at UW - amazing help
zToothinator: D2 at UNC - helped last year
frentist: Accepted C/O 2024 - Indiana; marketing experience with a health science background
finneganmurphy: Accepted C/O 2024 - Meharry
rectangle: Accepted C/O 2024 - UTSD-Houston; successful reapplicant that did a masters program

Not available. Please don't message these users about reading your PS!:
Stanelz: not reading
buckybuck11: not reading
ssdent18: not reading
future_nostalgia: not reading
shaqfu2019: not reading
nkwat3609: not reading
predent2019: not reading
Lane138: not reading
85-29: not reading

- If you have any issues, such as a reader not getting back to you timely or an applicant/reader being rude/harsh, please PM me! I'd like to know the issue and work towards solving it.
- Remember, if you'd like to be added, PM me or post here :)

PM the reader asking if they are available to read your PS! Do not post here, waiting for a reader to message you!!
Best of luck everyone! Let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns! :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.