This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone, I just wanted to know my chances and what schools can I possibly get into this cycle. I applied to all except Barry

cGPA: 3.56
sGPA: 3.38
Mcat: 494- not sure if I should retake :(

Ec’s: 150 clinical volunteering with geriatrics patients, 25 hours of podiatric shadowing, 50 hours of research, president of a health club, 80 hours of volunteering with medically underserved population, 1000 hours of working as an accounting assistant, 50 hours of being a peer mentor, pod letter, other science letters

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to know my chances and what schools can I possibly get into this cycle. I applied to all except Barry

cGPA: 3.56
sGPA: 3.38
Mcat: 494- not sure if I should retake :(

Ec’s: 150 clinical volunteering with geriatrics patients, 25 hours of podiatric shadowing, 50 hours of research, president of a health club, 80 hours of volunteering with medically underserved population, 1000 hours of working as an accounting assistant, 50 hours of being a peer mentor, pod letter, other science letters
I think you got this! The MCAT is close to the national average per school. Just relax and focus on writing the best application you can and giving an authentic interview. If you have any questions about what I mean, feel free to DM me.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone I just wanted to know my chances. My number one is Barry but have applied to all except AZ and California

cGPA: 3.25
sGPA: 3.1
Mcat: Taking sept 28 and should hit above a 492

Have over 90 hours volunteering at hospital, 70 hours cardiology shadowing, 50 hours pod shadowing, a year doing research in an ophthalmology lab, 4 years working in hospitality
Have rec letters from science professor, research professor, podiatrist and the chair of the biomedical engineering department

Hey guys,

My cumulative GPA is 3.54, science GPA is 3.44.

My first MCAT (485) was 120 Chem/Physics, 122 CARS, 120 Bio/Biochem, and 123 Psych/Sociology.

I retook my MCAT (492) and got the score: 124 Chem/Physics, 118 CARS, 125 Bio/Biochem, and 125 Psych/Sociology.

I am shadowing two podiatrists currently and hoping to get a DPM letter. I have shadowed physicians and surgeons, volunteered at hospitals, tutored students from low income backgrounds, and I dance as my hobby. I have 1000+ hours of research including undergrad summer research.

Given my background, would I be given any consideration for admission? My CARS score just lowered everything down. I am planning to retake the MCAT in January 2021.

Thank you so much! Be honest :)

Increasing CARS can be difficult so kudos for trying to take it again, I would do the same; if you didn't already use the EK 101 and the Princeton book for it. If you can score around 500, you should get a good amount of scholarship awards. But, as of right now based on your current stats, you might get in at certain places.
Hello everyone I just wanted to know my chances. My number one is Barry but have applied to all except AZ and California

Have over 90 hours volunteering at hospital, 70 hours cardiology shadowing, 50 hours pod shadowing, a year doing research in an ophthalmology lab, 4 years working in hospitality
Have rec letters from science professor, research professor, podiatrist and the chair of the biomedical engineering department

Based on that MCAT score, you should be okay for Barry, aim for 500 or better though. And since there is time, don't rush taking it without fully being prepared. Good luck!

You're fine for Barry! Good luck

I got a 491 (121,124,122,122) and I have cGPA of 3.3 and a sGPA 3.0. I have pretty solid letters of rec and extracurricular with leadership roles. Would it be Advisable that I apple or should I take the MCAT again? My only preferred school is RFMSU, any input would definitely be greatly appreciated

I got a 491 (121,124,122,122) and I have cGPA of 3.3 and a sGPA 3.0. I have pretty solid letters of rec and extracurricular with leadership roles. Would it be Advisable that I apple or should I take the MCAT again? My only preferred school is RFMSU, any input would definitely be greatly appreciated
I think you should take the MCAT again.

Reactions: 1 user
I had lower MCAT but higher GPA (3.5 both) than yours and I received an invite from Scholl so I suggest go for it! Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Chance me,
2.7 gpa
2.9sgpa
MCAT: 505
4 years of research experience, 1 paper in review
4 years of work in medical field (leadership position for 2 years as paid research coordinator)
2 years of volunteering
Currently working on finding a pod to shadow.

explanation for low gpas: my first 2 years of college were rlly good (3.87 freshman year, 3.6 sophomore). But I transferred schools bc I got into a dream school of mine from HS (Umich Ann Arbor) and my junior and senior years were swamped with working constantly to pay tuition ( full ride at previous school), a new environment, and harder classes. I did well on my MCAT bc the majority of my lower grades occurred due to attendance (terrible shift times) messing up my test averages which were always good. I know my gpa stats are terrible , but any chance for me if I apply early in the upcoming cycle?

Chance me,
2.7 gpa
2.9sgpa
MCAT: 505
4 years of research experience, 1 paper in review
4 years of work in medical field (leadership position for 2 years as paid research coordinator)
2 years of volunteering
Currently working on finding a pod to shadow.

explanation for low gpas: my first 2 years of college were rlly good (3.87 freshman year, 3.6 sophomore). But I transferred schools bc I got into a dream school of mine from HS (Umich Ann Arbor) and my junior and senior years were swamped with working constantly to pay tuition ( full ride at previous school), a new environment, and harder classes. I did well on my MCAT bc the majority of my lower grades occurred due to attendance (terrible shift times) messing up my test averages which were always good. I know my gpa stats are terrible , but any chance for me if I apply early in the upcoming cycle?
Well, your MCAT is solid and your EC seems to be good as well. I think if you submit you'll get some interviews at some schools and then just be able to explain your low GPA and honestly I think you should be fine. If you are not picky about where you want to go, I would apply to NYCPM, Barry, and Kent. NYCPM and Barry have the lowest entrance stats according to the Podiatry website, and Kent has a big class. The bigger the class the higher the chance it is to get a slot. Apply early, like now!

As for the shadowing, I think there are some resources that providing virtual shadowing. Not sure if that was just a rumor or not, but I would try and look into it. I just cold-called a bunch of pods and most were happy to have me. I only did around 10 hours of shadowing and I honestly think that is sufficient to get a letter. Good luck!

Well, your MCAT is solid and your EC seems to be good as well. I think if you submit you'll get some interviews at some schools and then just be able to explain your low GPA and honestly I think you should be fine. If you are not picky about where you want to go, I would apply to NYCPM, Barry, and Kent. NYCPM and Barry have the lowest entrance stats according to the Podiatry website, and Kent has a big class. The bigger the class the higher the chance it is to get a slot. Apply early, like now!

As for the shadowing, I think there are some resources that providing virtual shadowing. Not sure if that was just a rumor or not, but I would try and look into it. I just cold-called a bunch of pods and most were happy to have me. I only did around 10 hours of shadowing and I honestly think that is sufficient to get a letter. Good luck!
Thank you! I have been stressing for months on my stats . Side Q, do you need to finish your premed reqs before you apply or before you matriculate? I still have not taken Orgo 2 and Gen chem 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I have been stressing for months on my stats . Side Q, do you need to finish your premed reqs before you apply or before you matriculate? I still have not taken Orgo 2 and Gen chem 2.
I am not sure. I have friends that applied to MD school while taking Biochemistry. I am pretty sure you just need to show you will take it and that they will receive final grades before acceptance. Like I think you can get extended interview invites and secondaries but they won't accept you until you've completed them. I could be completely incorrect, the best way is to contact the schools directly.

I am not sure. I have friends that applied to MD school while taking Biochemistry. I am pretty sure you just need to show you will take it and that they will receive final grades before acceptance. Like I think you can get extended interview invites and secondaries but they won't accept you until you've completed them. I could be completely incorrect, the best way is to contact the schools directly.

You don't need them to apply but will need to complete it before matriculation. State in your app that you are/will be taking the missing premed courses.

As a side note, based on your stats above and the missing courses, I would advise not to rush into things. Take your time doing well in these two classes and maybe add other bio courses (if you can afford it) so that you are better prepared for the first year and can increase the GPAs.

You don't need them to apply but will need to complete it before matriculation. State in your app that you are/will be taking the missing premed courses.

As a side note, based on your stats above and the missing courses, I would advise not to rush into things. Take your time doing well in these two classes and maybe add other bio courses (if you can afford it) so that you are better prepared for the first year and can increase the GPAs.
Thank you! I actually meant I was planning in august of 2021 which should give me more than enough time to take those 2 classes plus maybe some sgpa retakes.

Chances?

nonscience: 3.27
science: 2.61
retook 2 science classes as a postbac: 4.0
MCAT:494 (122/124/124/124)

have been working in a podiatry office for a year now with over 1000 hours (getting a great Letter of rec from the doctor)
have a bunch of community service hours/volunteer coaching
founded a club as an undergrad and participated in another club

GPA is considerably low, I was a first generation college student who had no idea what they were doing and was spending way to much time working, began to have an upward trend at the end of my sophomore year. junior year was going great up until I was in a pretty severe accident that really caused my gpa to tank (luckily only took me a year to recover) senior year I got back on the upward trend, my senior year spring semester gpa was a 3.9. Open to all advice, thanks!

Chances?

have been working in a podiatry office for a year now with over 1000 hours (getting a great Letter of rec from the doctor)

GPA is considerably low, I was a first generation college student who had no idea what they were doing and was spending way to much time working, began to have an upward trend at the end of my sophomore year. junior year was going great up until I was in a pretty severe accident that really caused my gpa to tank (luckily only took me a year to recover) senior year I got back on the upward trend, my senior year spring semester gpa was a 3.9. Open to all advice, thanks!

I believe you have a good chance as long as you are able to articulate your situation in your application and interview. The sgpa is low, but the upward trend shows schools that you are developing as a student and turning your weaknesses into strengths. Apply early though, like now! No reason to wait.

Are you taking orgo2 at umich? I'd be careful with that one, it's a killer! Just take your time with these classes and don't lower your sGPA, take more science classes somewhere else if you can to increase it. You'll be fine (Go Blue )

Chances?

MCAT is slightly below average, and the sGPA is for sure not gonna look great, but with your story I think you stand a chance a few schools. You may get screened out by some as well off the bat. Try applying Barry, NYCPM, and Kent, they are really good schools but their data shows they accept people with lower stats often. Good luck!

Hey guys! I post pretty often but this thread seems pretty visible.
cGPA-2.71
sGPA-2.8
MCAT-488 in January 20, then 495 in August 20.
EC- 4 years as an MA, 6 months shadowing same MD I was an MA for in nursing home, 4 years of club leadership, events manager, secretary, VP then pres. 40 hours shadowing pod. 6 months psych research.

low GPA- severely depressed year 1, esp sem 1, and a bad injury fall of junior year, put me in bed for 6 months, so basically did remote studying before it was a thing.

LOR- 1 from MD, I from psych prof I researched w, 1 from math prof, retook calc class w him and improved big time! So he emphasized on my change in study habits, use of resources to improve my grade. Will get DPM LOR and replace w psych prof.

Obviously my concern is my GPA, and schools place emphasis on it.

preference is Nycpm, but I’m applying to all. Do they have computerized screen out for apps, for all schools?

Hey guys! I post pretty often but this thread seems pretty visible.
cGPA-2.71
sGPA-2.8
MCAT-488 in January 20, then 495 in August 20.
EC- 4 years as an MA, 6 months shadowing same MD I was an MA for in nursing home, 4 years of club leadership, events manager, secretary, VP then pres. 40 hours shadowing pod. 6 months psych research.

low GPA- severely depressed year 1, esp sem 1, and a bad injury fall of junior year, put me in bed for 6 months, so basically did remote studying before it was a thing.

LOR- 1 from MD, I from psych prof I researched w, 1 from math prof, retook calc class w him and improved big time! So he emphasized on my change in study habits, use of resources to improve my grade. Will get DPM LOR and replace w psych prof.

Obviously my concern is my GPA, and schools place emphasis on it.

preference is Nycpm, but I’m applying to all. Do they have computerized screen out for apps, for all schools?
I think alot of schools have screenouts, you will probably get screened out of the competitive schools. I think for NYCPM you should be alright. Your MCAT had a good jump. Your GPA isn't great, but i think you might be able to get in somewhere. Just apply as early as possible and if possible apply to as many schools as you can. Just be authentic on your interviews and be able to answer for your MCAT and grades. Just send it honestly, not sure what the outcome will be but you can't do much else this cycle to improve your chances i don't think.

I think alot of schools have screenouts, you will probably get screened out of the competitive schools. I think for NYCPM you should be alright. Your MCAT had a good jump. Your GPA isn't great, but i think you might be able to get in somewhere. Just apply as early as possible and if possible apply to as many schools as you can. Just be authentic on your interviews and be able to answer for your MCAT and grades. Just send it honestly, not sure what the outcome will be but you can't do much else this cycle to improve your chances i don't think.
Thank you! At this point I don’t really mind the school, I spoke to a fellow SDN’er and he said you’ll get a residency, you’ll get a placement just get your foot in the door. I have an advisement session w NY tomorrow, hoping for Jan if not, then pray for me, at least in Aug.

I’mplanning to apply to all schools, even if I get screened out, I have the ability, thankfully to do so.

Hello!

Does anyone have advice on how to address a low MCAT score in an interview? My GPA is solid, 3.7 overall and 3.6 science, but my MCAT is so so bad (490).

I've been out of school for 2 years and took the MCAT late this year. To be honest I was working full time and I did not study enough, honestly I barely studied at all. I know that If I had studied properly I could have done better and I am extremely confident that the score is not an accurate representation of me as a student. ~and yeah I know I should have just studied more and taken the test again next year in January or something but that's not what happened so don't make me feel worse pls~

I have interviews with CSPM, NYCPM, and Western (first choice!!) so I just want to come up with an answer that doesn't get me an automatic rejection.

Anything helps! Thank you so much!

Hello!

Does anyone have advice on how to address a low MCAT score in an interview? My GPA is solid, 3.7 overall and 3.6 science, but my MCAT is so so bad (490).

I've been out of school for 2 years and took the MCAT late this year. To be honest I was working full time and I did not study enough, honestly I barely studied at all. I know that If I had studied properly I could have done better and I am extremely confident that the score is not an accurate representation of me as a student. ~and yeah I know I should have just studied more and taken the test again next year in January or something but that's not what happened so don't make me feel worse pls~

I have interviews with CSPM, NYCPM, and Western (first choice!!) so I just want to come up with an answer that doesn't get me an automatic rejection.

Anything helps! Thank you so much!
Just be honest and say you weren't prepared enough but wanted to take it anyway fearing another COVID related cancelations as it happened earlier in the year. With your GPA I wouldn't worry, Goodluck!

Hi everyone! I just submitted my application yesterday and have been verified this morning. Think I have any chance of getting in somewhere?

cGPA: 2.93 sGPA: 2.89
MCAT: 493 (I have a retake scheduled for January 15)
5000+ hours in clinical setting (through a volunteer role and a separate compensated role)
900+ hours in leadership role
~20 hours shadowing DPM in office and surgery center

I know my GPA is low but I do have an upward trend, hoping this will save me. I applied to all 9 schools

TIA!

You have a shot, depending on the number of seats left. Def recommend retaking the MCAT. GL!

Reposting here to get more opinions.

Assuming I get a 500 mcat and I add 50 hours of pod shadowing, what are my odds? So far my 4 programs are DMU, scholl, Kent

cgpa 3.73
sgpa 3.54

ECs:
VA Hospital patient transporter: (50 hours)

Assisted Living Resident Activities Volunteer (156 hours)

Hurricane Harvey Mission Trip in Nederland, Texas (40 hours)

Pre-Med American Medical Student Association (PAMSA) Officer (126 hours)

Department of Chemistry peer leader (85 hours)

Sports medicine shadowing MD (11.5 hours)
Pediatrics shadowing DO (32.5 hours)
Family medicine shadowing DO (19.5 hours)
Orthopedic surgery shadowing DO (17 hours)
Diagnostic radiology shadowing MD (15 hours)
General dentistry shadowing (8.5 hours)
Anesthesia/ Various Surgery shadowing (46 hours)

Medical School Convention Attendance (24 hours)
Why not just apply DO next year? Your GPA is well above pod. Are you still conflicted on which specialty to pursue? You've shadowed a lot of options.
Study your best for the MCAT. With your GPA, you wouldn't need more than a 495 on the MCAT (and much lower for the larger schools), which is hardly studying.
50 hours of pod shadowing is insane, you only need 12 at most.

There are university websites that recommend "100+ hours of podiatry shadowing." Seems like overkill to me, but people with lots of shadowing are probably being told to do that by pre-med advisors.

Hello,

I have recently discovered podiatry as another interest in healthcare which I’m excited about and feel it might be a better fit, both as a person and because of my previous academic declines prior to pursuing healthcare. My gpa is not competitive in the slightest for MD and while I’m more than willing to go to the ends of the earth to make myself competitive, I thought I’d also get some feedback on my chances for pod school too since they require different stats.
I’m a 27 yr old non traditional student having taken 8 years to complete an associates in biology at a community college and I’m now finishing my liberal arts online at university. I have completed all sci prerequisites at community college while orgo 1 was at university. I still need orgo 2. I brought my horrible early college gpa of 1.4 up to 3.7 in a years time. All my my prerequisites are A’s and B’s, (more A’s than B’s) and I took a diagnostic Mcat achieving a score of 485 if I remember correctly 😬Gonna need some work but that’s okay! 💪I will finish online university with 3.7-3.8 cGPA and 3.05 sGPA (not including grade from orgo 2). Question is...what are my chances with this situation?
-Josh

Hello,

I have recently discovered podiatry as another interest in healthcare which I’m excited about and feel it might be a better fit, both as a person and because of my previous academic declines prior to pursuing healthcare. My gpa is not competitive in the slightest for MD and while I’m more than willing to go to the ends of the earth to make myself competitive, I thought I’d also get some feedback on my chances for pod school too since they require different stats.
I’m a 27 yr old non traditional student having taken 8 years to complete an associates in biology at a community college and I’m now finishing my liberal arts online at university. I have completed all sci prerequisites at community college while orgo 1 was at university. I still need orgo 2. I brought my horrible early college gpa of 1.4 up to 3.7 in a years time. All my my prerequisites are A’s and B’s, (more A’s than B’s) and I took a diagnostic Mcat achieving a score of 485 if I remember correctly 😬Gonna need some work but that’s okay! 💪I will finish online university with 3.7-3.8 cGPA and 3.05 sGPA (not including grade from orgo 2). Question is...what are my chances with this situation?
-Josh

Nice job improving the GPAs.

1) If you were to apply right now, you might get an acceptance at one of the 9 programs (due to covid); however, IMO, I do not think you are ready to pass Semester 1 of a Pod med program.

2) A 485 on a diagnostic test means that you are missing a lot of pre-med content (like everything). Invest in a prep book (like Kaplan or EK, Uworld, etc.) and take however long you need to hit at least 500 on a diagnostic test. Once you're hitting 500 on those AAMC FL practice exams..then register for the real one.

3) You will have to check with the AACPMAS about the online classes. Email them a copy of your transcript and ask if it's okay to do the prereqs from an online university.

4) Deadline for Pod programs is June 30th of each year, so you have time and no need to rush the MCAT prep.

5) If you didn't already, plan to take Biochem, A&P 1 and 2, and other high-level sci classes before enrolling in a Pod program.

6) Remember to shadow before committing to this field. If you have questions about the field, use that search button (top right) and read the current/past threads before making a new one.

Good luck.

Nice job improving the GPAs.

1) If you were to apply right now, you might get an acceptance at one of the 9 programs (due to covid); however, IMO, I do not think you are ready to pass Semester 1 of a Pod med program.

2) A 485 on a diagnostic test means that you are missing a lot of pre-med content (like everything). Invest in a prep book (like Kaplan or EK, Uworld, etc.) and take however long you need to hit at least 500 on a diagnostic test. Once you're hitting 500 on those AAMC FL practice exams..then register for the real one.

3) You will have to check with the AACPMAS about the online classes. Email them a copy of your transcript and ask if it's okay to do the prereqs from an online university.

4) Deadline for Pod programs is June 30th of each year, so you have time and no need to rush the MCAT prep.

5) If you didn't already, plan to take Biochem, A&P 1 and 2, and other high-level sci classes before enrolling in a Pod program.

6) Remember to shadow before committing to this field. If you have questions about the field, use that search button (top right) and read the current/past threads before making a new one.

Good luck.
Hi,
Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated! You are right that I’m missing pretty much all material for the mcat and that’s due to my pre reqs being done a few years ago and having forgotten the material. However! That’s nothing hard to overcome as you’ve stated and with some solid studying, I know I can do it!
I’ll definitely get in touch with them and see what they have to say. Thanks for the advice:)
I think a gap year would certainly serve me best to complete Biochem which I haven’t done yet but would like to and also some other upper level classes.
I’ll definitely shadow! I’m looking forward to it.
Thanks again for your feedback:)

- Josh

Oh boy was I wrong! My gpa is a lot lower than I thought. I made a couple mistakes and forgot to factor in that podiatry schools don’t do grade replacement as well as the fact that I enrolled in the fresh start program many years ago for my school which raised my gpa at my cc but that gpa didn’t transfer to university after cc. I have four or five classes I failed (a couple twice) and redid having achieved A’s but my grades are still quite low. These grades would have been withdrawals not F’s but I did not withdraw within the proper time frame due to family issues. It also seems that podiatry schools gpa calculations lower the numbers a bit if I’m not mistaken? My cGPA is 2.85 and my sGPA is 2.55😬. All my prereqs are A’s and B’s as well as every class I’ve taken besides those five F’s. I was going to apply this year but perhaps I should wait? However....hypothetically if I got a 500 on the mcat, does anyone think I would still have a chance? 🤞

My cGPA is 2.85 and my sGPA is 2.55😬. All my prereqs are A’s and B’s as well as every class I’ve taken besides those five F’s. I was going to apply this year but perhaps I should wait? However....hypothetically if I got a 500 on the mcat, does anyone think I would still have a chance? 🤞
Your gpa would still be too low.
A 500 MCAT might have some desperate school willing to fill seats, but they wouldn't be doing the right thing.

If you were administration in charge of looking at applicants in any other field, would you accept someone knowing full well their GPA would indicate that they had a strong disposition to fail out of your program's courses?

Don't know what your situation is, but if you can take a gap year and do 4 or 5 hard science courses per semester with Bs in all of them, take the MCAT, then apply- that would garner you a better chance of acceptance in 1 shot.

Oh boy was I wrong! My gpa is a lot lower than I thought. I made a couple mistakes and forgot to factor in that podiatry schools don’t do grade replacement as well as the fact that I enrolled in the fresh start program many years ago for my school which raised my gpa at my cc but that gpa didn’t transfer to university after cc. I have four or five classes I failed (a couple twice) and redid having achieved A’s but my grades are still quite low. These grades would have been withdrawals not F’s but I did not withdraw within the proper time frame due to family issues. It also seems that podiatry schools gpa calculations lower the numbers a bit if I’m not mistaken? My cGPA is 2.85 and my sGPA is 2.55😬. All my prereqs are A’s and B’s as well as every class I’ve taken besides those five F’s. I was going to apply this year but perhaps I should wait? However....hypothetically if I got a 500 on the mcat, does anyone think I would still have a chance? 🤞

I know you said you are outside the timeframe, but is there anyone you can talk to in order to try to get some of those Fs changed to Ws after you had extenuating circumstances? Maybe with the right person (such as a sympathetic dean) you can get this done.

Your gpa would still be too low.
A 500 MCAT might have some desperate school willing to fill seats, but they wouldn't be doing the right thing.

If you were administration in charge of looking at applicants in any other field, would you accept someone knowing full well their GPA would indicate that they had a strong disposition to fail out of your program's courses?

Don't know what your situation is, but if you can take a gap year and do 4 or 5 hard science courses per semester with Bs in all of them, take the MCAT, then apply- that would garner you a better chance of acceptance in 1 shot.
I figured that was the case but that’s why it was hypothetical. I wouldn’t feel 100% confident going in this year anyways.
I understand what you’re saying. As I mentioned, all the F’s I received were due to having to leave for family and health reasons, a couple times unfortunately. Just some bad luck:(
Those grades are not indicative of my true capabilities as a student but I understand how these grades would be viewed right off the bat.
I can definitely take a gap year and take some more sciences. I’d prefer that since I would be entering my pod classes far more confident.
I know you said you are outside the timeframe, but is there anyone you can talk to in order to try to get some of those Fs changed to Ws after you had extenuating circumstances? Maybe with the right person (such as a sympathetic dean) you can get this done.
I’m not entirely sure. The dean knows me very well but I wouldn’t think she has the ability to that. You never know!

I figured that was the case but that’s why it was hypothetical. I wouldn’t feel 100% confident going in this year anyways.
I understand what you’re saying. As I mentioned, all the F’s I received were due to having to leave for family and health reasons, a couple times unfortunately. Just some bad luck:(
Those grades are not indicative of my true capabilities as a student but I understand how these grades would be viewed right off the bat.
I can definitely take a gap year and take some more sciences. I’d prefer that since I would be entering my pod classes far more confident.

I’m not entirely sure. The dean knows me very well but I wouldn’t think she has the ability to that. You never know!

Concentrate on doing well on the MCAT for now. Get the best score possible, and take it from there. If you need to take a class or two to fix those GPAs, you can at that point, but for now...doing well on the exam should be your primary goal.

Concentrate on doing well on the MCAT for now. Get the best score possible, and take it from there. If you need to take a class or two to fix those GPAs, you can at that point, but for now...doing well on the exam should be your primary goal.
I agree with you! I think my time is best spent doing that. The good news is that I am scheduled to finish undergrad next spring so I do have plenty of time to boost my gpa. Based on the gpa calculation standards from podiatry schools, getting an A- in science classes I’ve selected; A & P I and II, biochem, and a neuroscience class, as well as A’s in my other electives; medical anthropology, etc..., my new cGPA would be a 3.05 and my sGPA would be 2.85. Not the greatest improvement but it’s better:)

I agree with you! I think my time is best spent doing that. The good news is that I am scheduled to finish undergrad next spring so I do have plenty of time to boost my gpa. Based on the gpa calculation standards from podiatry schools, getting an A- in science classes I’ve selected; A & P I and II, biochem, and a neuroscience class, as well as A’s in my other electives; medical anthropology, etc..., my new cGPA would be a 3.05 and my sGPA would be 2.85. Not the greatest improvement but it’s better:)
With the new GPAs and a solid MCAT, you'd stand a great chance at getting an acceptance.

Put on the blinders and go all in for the MCAT. Right now.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone!
I have been feeling pretty worried because I only got one interview so far.
My cGPA is less than 3.0. I have an MCAT retake scheduled for January 25th.
Interview so far has been at CSPM.
My experiences are: Over 10,000 hours clinically as a medical scribe, medical assistant and PCT
I am currently in my final semester of my master's in Nanoscience.
Podiatry shadowing: 50 ish hours and multiple podiatry specialties

Should I reach out to schools?
I was auto rejected by Temple. I applied to 8 schools except DMU cause they don't accept international students!

Hello everyone!

I was auto rejected by Temple. I applied to 8 schools except DMU cause they don't accept international students!
Current GPA and previous MCAT?

Academics might be your biggest limiting factor.

Hello everyone!
My experiences are: Over 10,000 hours clinically as a medical scribe, medical assistant and PCT
I am currently in my final semester of my master's in Nanoscience.
Podiatry shadowing: 50 ish hours and multiple podiatry specialties

When did you apply?
What are your stats?

When did you apply?
What are your stats?
The application was submitted and verified in October 2020.
My cGPA was less than 3.0.
My master's GPA is currently 3.0 and I have two courses left so I expect this to go up.
My MCAT was 483 and I signed up for a retake in January 25th.
I had one interview so far which was at CSPM. I was put on a hold for the rest of the schools except temple who outright rejected me.

The application was submitted and verified in October 2020.
My cGPA was less than 3.0.
My master's GPA is currently 3.0 and I have two courses left so I expect this to go up.
My MCAT was 483 and I signed up for a retake in January 25th.
I had one interview so far which was at CSPM. I was put on a hold for the rest of the schools except temple who outright rejected me.
Going to take a gander and say its undergrad sGPA/cGPA + current MCAT score holding you back.

Did anyone advise you on how strong your application should look before applying to any field in general?

Hey guys hope everything is great, would love some guidance, I wanna apply to nycpm once the cycle opens, what are my chances ?
cgpa 3.01
Sgpa 2.92
Mcat 499
Tons of volunteering
2 medical papers in review
A nice upward trend
Also I saw that nycpm says minimum of c- in pre reqs is this true because I have one in bio 2
Thanks for the input I really appreciate any guidance and help!

Hey guys hope everything is great, would love some guidance, I wanna apply to nycpm once the cycle opens, what are my chances ?
cgpa 3.01
Sgpa 2.92
Mcat 499
Tons of volunteering
2 medical papers in review
A nice upward trend
Also I saw that nycpm says minimum of c- in pre reqs is this true because I have one in bio 2
Thanks for the input I really appreciate any guidance and help!

Your MCAT should help, so chances are good. The current cycle closes on June 30th of 2021.

Any other things that can help raise my chances? Appreciate the help btw!

Did you shadow a DPM? Their LOR can help; attend one of the NYCPM webinars and get to know them.
If they tell you to raise your GPAs, then you can retake the c- class and a few others; otherwise, submit an app and see what happens.

Hello everyone,

Could someone knowledgeable give me their input on my chances?

Stats:

cGPA: 3.2
sGPA: 2.86
MCAT: 506

Bachelors in health science meaning I took classes in anatomy, physiology, medical term, etc. Upward trend in grades and GPA. Have LOR from a podiatrist who attended my top choice (Scholl) and 2 science faculty letters and I am an instate applicant also.

EC’s are pretty basic imo. Many hours volunteering in E.R. shadowing physicians (DO), homeless shelters, volunteering at my mosque, working as a registrar at a clinic, etc.

However,

I failed Orgo 1 in my sophomore year and physics 2 in my Junior year. I have doubts as to how this is going to affect my chances despite doing everything I could to redeem myself (increasing my MCAT from 497-506 and getting only As and Bs since then.

If someone could please give me their input I would highly appreciate it.
My top school of choice is Scholl and they verified my application on the 27th of January.

-THANK YOU