Official "Readyfills still haven't dropped and CVS has the worst IT department in the world" thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's start a thread where we just complain about the CVS computers.

So it's 4 AM. Still no readyfills.

I wonder what the hell is making them late every other day these days? Well, yeah, the answer is obvious. Worst IT department ever. But beyond that. Are they updating something? Is their terrible, clunky custom Ubuntu OS failing yet again? Who knows. Oh well. They should really figure this out though. I'm just a simple peon way down the corporate ladder...but this kind of ruins the entire day for most of high volume stores like the one I'm at right now and it can't be good for business. I get to tell these people there are still 10 pages I didn't touch here in a few hours. Yay.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IT people have to create "upgrades" in order to create more work for themselves for job security. The "upgrades" never work properly so they have to waste more time "fixing" them. People at corporate have no idea what is happening so there is no one to enforce that they are actually doing any real work.

This is akin to construction workers who "fix" roads that don't need to be fixed, so that their contracts renew with the same budget every year.

There was a time when there were no system shutdowns every other day and everyone was happy as a clam. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

And then the generic answer. Will be up by 7am.......thats when I leave.... So we tell the daytime we did nothing all night while they have to struggle haha. Oh CVS

Members don't see this ad :)
17 pages loaded at 445AM...got it down to 5 in QV, 4 in QP when I left...I was satisfied...

the only way to have 17 pages in readyfill is if u automatically enroll everyone into readyfill. against their will, without their consent, or knowledge. and of course, each day u have multiple pages of return to stock because most of them didn't ask or want u to refill them. check your return to stock report on readyfill.

Reactions: 1 user
You are some crazy filling machine

The $10/hr paycut at hospital was worth it.

Reactions: 4 users
CVS computer system sucks. I was also so fed up with it. It's slow. It's laggy. Its BULKY and feels disgusting to use. It works well on computers with great specs, but no stores have good performing computers. I do miss retail though, but not enough to go back to CVS.

The day staff has plenty of tech help to knock out the readyfills. No reason the night rph should stress out getting them done.

Day shift, I might agree. Night shift? No way. Love nights. I'm still a floater, but I'm the unofficial night shift floater, so that's mostly what I work now. In this 8 week block, I'm working nothing but overnights except for 5 days.

Are you single? I don't see how night shift would work if you were married/in a serious relationship (ie. not seeing the other person).

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you single? I don't see how night shift would work if you were married/in a serious relationship (ie. not seeing the other person).
The wife and I were both night shift for a while so that makes it easy. Co-workers were also married and worked it out just fine. You get off work in the early morning, spouse goes to work while you sleep, spouse comes home and you have time together before they go to bed and you go back to work.

Cvs still uses the 7 on 7 off schedule in several areas for night rph. 7 days on was bad but the 7 days off was great. Not sure how overnight floater schedule is though.

I had a ScriptPro, so adjust your degree of impressed.
Was it really 17 pages of qp? I'm still impressed if you can finish all of it and refill/clear the machine if the ready fills drops on time. We hired a couple techs that just enroll pt on readyfill and I have been getting 14 pages now... I can't imagine 17... the thought of it scares me. I'm pretty stressed out but can still finish everything, I heard the other night guy can't and will always leave some stuff.

Was it really 17 pages of qp? I'm still impressed if you can finish all of it and refill/clear the machine if the ready fills drops on time. We hired a couple techs that just enroll pt on readyfill and I have been getting 14 pages now... I can't imagine 17... the thought of it scares me. I'm pretty stressed out but can still finish everything, I heard the other night guy can't and will always leave some stuff.

17 pages. Again, I didn't finish it. There were still 9 pages of combined QP/QV when I left (though that included all the stuff being called in that morning). And, no, I didn't refill the machine.

Last edited:
17 pages. Again, I didn't finish it. There were still 7 pages of combines QP/QV when I left (though that included all the stuff being called in that morning). And, no, I didn't refill the machine.
for us who dont work at CVS, how many scripts/page?

If the day techs/rphs are automatically enrolling people in readyfill I would start unenrolling them. Inhalers, creams, allergy meds, PRN meds, insulins (day supply is off if not breaking boxes or if using sliding scales) should be taken off.

I didn't mind all the readyfills. What bothered me was the day staff leaving all the refill too soon narcotics and controlled substances to be filled and ready for pick up at 8am. Especially when our Sup sent out email telling us to take out several common controls out of the automation (xanax, tramadol, clonazepam).

the only way to have 17 pages in readyfill is if u automatically enroll everyone into readyfill. against their will, without their consent, or knowledge. and of course, each day u have multiple pages of return to stock because most of them didn't ask or want u to refill them. check your return to stock report on readyfill.

Or work at a store that does 5000+ a week. Which was the case.

Yeah I've found that a lot of people don't appreciate the ****show that true high volume is.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

After floating for a few months, I agree that this is so true. I went from average store nights to high volume days, so I guess I thought everyone worked that hard during the day. But once I got around a bit, those stores are like completely different animals compared to the average CVS. I feel like I'm on vacation at the average store compared to high-volume. The monster stores are legitimately busy with foot traffic from about 6:30AM to about 1AM. Literally 11PM at one of those stores is as busy as 3PM at an average store. Rush hour at the crazy stores is completely chaotic. The people that work at those stores should be paid about $40,000 more a year than the people working at the average store, IMO. They just flat out do more work and have to experience more stress.

The converse is also completely true. I went from a district that did averages of 1700-3000/week to one that barely averages 1000. I feel like I'm on vacation most days, the other pharmacists here literally have no idea how good they have it. A bonkers day here barely approaches a average day in my old district. And it's a higher paying district to boot.

The converse is also completely true. I went from a district that did averages of 1700-3000/week to one that barely averages 1000. I feel like I'm on vacation most days, the other pharmacists here literally have no idea how good they have it. A bonkers day here barely approaches a average day in my old district. And it's a higher paying district to boot.

Right. I've floated to stores where they freak out that there are 5 things in the qt and act like they'll never catch up. I'm like try 5 pages qt with 20 pages qp...

I remember having a page and a half of waiters at CVS and hitting over 40 pages in the QP. At the pharmacy I work at now my manager has all but had a nervous breakdown with no more than 3 waiters and a flu shot. It's really amazing the difference in workload from chain to chain and even store to store. Part of me wishes everyone could work at one of these crazy stores for just a day.

What are these queues : QT/QR/QP, etc for those of us that don't know what that means?

Main queues:

QT = triage queue. E-scripts to type, insurance rejects to resolve, faxes to process, verification rejections to fix, auto-process errors to resolve (checking on-hands, etc.), calls to make to patients, etc...

QP = production queue. Stuff to be filled

QV = verification queue. Data entry to be verified PLUS DUR to resolve PLUS product verification (all rolled into one step). Also includes miscellaneous pharmacist-only tasks (counting CIIs, doing refill request calls, doing patient outreach calls)

They came out at 7AM. Lol.

That's because they were too busy borking the system so you can't look up extra care cards via the phone #. "All support resources are engaged on this issue. There is no ETA for a fix." That means:
3ppawk.jpg

CVS IT Dept

That's because they were too busy borking the system so you can't look up extra care cards via the phone #. "All support resources are engaged on this issue. There is no ETA for a fix." That means:
3ppawk.jpg

CVS IT Dept

What always amazed me is that people even care about the extracare card in the first place. CVS is so expensive even with the crappy coupons the stuff is still probably still cheaper somewhere else. People will waste 15 minutes of their own time and my time at the register over issues with this stupid reward card just to save a dollar.

Reactions: 1 users
@WVUPharm2007 Do you know about EA Access?! I JUST stumbled on it in the XBOX store and am blown away. A huge library of awesome games to play for only $29.99 a year?! I can't believe this. Surely I am actually asleep and just dreaming right now...

Well had about 1 hour of oh **** I Hope no one comes in. No warnings; sure there's going to be plenty more random updates with the new scheduling/timing feature (not looking forward to even more button pushing and rearranging based on some stupid computer filter that makes too many assumptions).

System wide offline. Readyfills won't load. No ETA on resolution. Who wants to play Uno?

I was working my first overnight last night filling in for a vacation. I thought I broke something. I saw 14 pages drop in the qp at 1208 or so, went to start printing and every computer crashed.

How do you finish 14 pages from 12-8?

Anyone else "excited" about scanning medguides...? Getting anymore patient freak outs by people who suddenly notice an extra stack of paper folded up in their Rx bag despite being on that very medication for X+ years?

Ok CVS IT, if this is a liability thing, at least make a way of checking that an RPh scanned the medguide upon verification. Our update had no such feature...yet. Gotto keep those IT people employed somehow by half ass-ing everything

Last edited:
I knew overnight RPH would who nominally crank out Rx but leave all the "finished" baskets untouched for the morning techs to bag...

14 pages in 8 hours seems doable with automation

I knew overnight RPH would who nominally crank out Rx but leave all the "finished" baskets untouched for the morning techs to bag...

14 pages in 8 hours seems doable with automation

14 pages in 8 hours is definitely doable especially if most of those are readyfil.

14 pages with 15 scripts each is 210 scripts. If they were all refills and you had a script pro counting then yes it is possible. Also if you had very few customers (snow storm or something). My experience with cvs overnight is that there will be constant interruptions. Computer goes down for 20-40 minutes. Script pro goes down for 15 minutes. Your body and brain will be exhausted from doing 7 days straight (maybe even more if you get asked to work extra shifts). The quiet overnight stores are getting their hours cut back so no longer 24/7. The ones that remain open get busier with more distractions so I doubt 210 scripts alone in 8 hours is possible unless it's a very slow night and majority of scripts come from machine or unit of use products (inhalers, birth control, insulin)