Official "rejected for medical school by my undergrad institution" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got interview invites and acceptances from lots of other schools but didn't even get an interview from MSU, my undergrad institution.

I'm curious how many others there are.

Members don't see this ad.

AStudent said:
Got interview invites and acceptances from lots of other schools but didn't even get an interview from MSU, my undergrad institution.

we have this early program at vandy that i applied to after my sophomore year. big reject. but it gave me a goal :)

didn't get an interview invite here either (University of Oklahoma) and I thought that school would be my best shot. It was the first to reject me.

Members don't see this ad :)
AStudent said:

I got waitlisted by Brown, but to be honest, I can't spend 4 more years in Providence (and I knew that going into the interview...too much of the same for me). I'llbe withdrawing my app from there in teh next week or so.

Rejected Pre-Interview from Penn....I'm not at their standards...but was hoping for a sympathy interview! Later West Philly!

I am right there with you guys! I haven't received the official rejection letter from Maryland yet... but, I'm expecting it since they are pretty much done interviewing. It was originally my first choice and I thought it was also my best shot. :rolleyes:

I also got rejected by Penn pre-interview despite going to grad school there and currently working at their hospital.

Oh well. I won't miss Baltimore or West Philly! :D

UCLA canned me as well...<sigh>, i have to give up my wonderful apartment and living in westwood

I applied to the Carnegie Mellon University School of Medicine but never got a response. I called up admissions and they had the audacity of claiming that there was no medical school at CMU! I mean, at least tell me that I'm rejected!

Whatever. I'll just do a rotation at the CMU hospital. By hospital of course I mean student health center. That'll show them!

My health professions advisor, who now is director of admissions, told me that i wouldn't even get an interview (UChicago), so i didn't bother applying. woe was me. no love.

UNC hates out-of-staters like me. I'm pretty safe in assuming rejection now, which sucks because I thought my interviews were pretty awesome.

Ah well, the basketball cheers me up a little.

Add me to the list.

Yale decided to give me an interview (which was great!) and then promptly (?) rejected my ass (which was sucky).

Ah well...going to different institutions is more fun anyway, right?

kwc1979 said:
Rejected Pre-Interview from Penn....I'm not at their standards...but was hoping for a sympathy interview! Later West Philly!

Add me to the list. I'd heard earlier that Penn is notorious for not being too kind to their own students, but I would've thought that they would've granted me a courtesy interview at the least.

Truth is that though I love Texas A&M I would rather stick red hot pokers in my eyes than spend any more time in College Station.

But I hear they don't like to take former Ags into their med school anyway.

My first rejection was my undergrad: Northwestern.

They said they regret their decision. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

No love from UCSD. My consolatoin is that I wouldn't fit in with the uber-gunner types at the med school. They scare me.

Two years in a row that I have been shot down by Illinois!!!

Pre-interview!

The lack of post-interview response from my undergrad's med school is leading me to think they are gonna reject me soon enough.

I would have loved to spend four more years at UC Davis, but they rejected me without so much as an interview. Now, for the next few months before I start somewhere else, I'm working for the same med school that so cruelly rejected me. Go figure.

my first rejection was from my undergrad too: George Washington U.

redsoxfan said:
my first rejection was from my undergrad too: George Washington U.

Not quite a rejection but not an acceptance either, but I got waitlisted at my alma mater, GWU.

I've already given them my behymen in exchange to go there for college, I guess I have nothing left for them to take... :rolleyes:

Sam