Official Rutgers Pre-Med Guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rugirlie

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Undergrad Pre-Meds @ Rutgers.... POST HERE! I am starting this thread so that those of us out here may get some help from people with similar backgrounds and familiar surroundings... post who to get recommendations from, what classes to take, cons/pros of going to UMDNJ, advice for HPO interview, etc....

Personally, I started this because I could use a lot of this info, and I don't really have much advice....

one thing I can offer is if ur a bio major of any kind, take 315 in the Mol Bio Dept.... intro to research in molecular bio and biochem.... its a great class, its a lab but 3 credits and ur professors for the lecture are also ur lab instuctors so they know u by name and really well and are GREAT for recommendations... plus its real neat and u get to actually do all the techniques u learn about in genetics, etc...

hmm not much other advice being that I'll be a juinor... hopefully there are some other RU undergrads out there with some much needed info.... please post ur wise tips! thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm... well, I'm an RU vet finishing my sixth year here. I'll finally be off to med school after I get this amned masters finished. Anyway, maybe I can point out a few things (BTW, I'm assuming New Brunswick). First of all, don't be afraid of the HPO. Use them as much as possible. Just being around the office might help influence your committee letter. When you go for the HPO interview, take it seriously and prepare as you would for a real interview. Not only is it good practice, but you want to have Dr. Jenkins write good things about you.

UMDNJ: Great schools of course. And don't forget to look at NJSOM if you are at all interested in osteopathy. Pros: Not too expensive and very heavily weighted towards in-state acceptances (realizing of course that every single NJ applicant will apply to both). All of the students I know at both Robert Wood and NJMS are very happy where they are. Robert Wood may have a little more of a competetive attitude. Cons: For me, I felt it was time to get out of New Jersey. Also, don't rely on the UMDNJ schools at the expense of missing out on other great schools elsewhere. Lasty, be a little wary of the upcoming merger of UMDNJ, Rutgers, and NJIT. Expect some bumps in the road ahead, as well as probably tuition hikes (with the current budget crunch and the hikes seen this past year).

Now as far as class specifics, I'm sure you've already taken most or all of the important prereqs. I would definitely avoid 447:392 (Pathogenic Micro). Even though it sounds interesting, the course is awful. Poor teaching and not much substance presented. It is mostly a review of popular epidemiology in the media, and feels like an intro class. Of course, if you don't want to do any work (or learn anything) then go for it. If you are into mol bio, try Nucleotide Sequence Analysis. An excellent course. Also, Animal tissue culture is a very well taught class.

If you are hunting for recommendations, you might either want to take a few labs or do some sort of research. Before joining a lab, try to find a friend who has worked there. Of course I'll assume anyone reading this will have volunteered at Robert Wood or St. Peters. If you want more hands on experience, try joining a local rescue squad, such as [ahem] the East Brunswick squad. (www.ebrs.org) The membership requirements are pretty flexible. OK, time to get ready to TA. If anyone has comments/questions on my ramblings, feel free to PM me.

Very well put, Nick. I want to stress again the benefit of having good clinical experience. During my interview, talking about how I love helping people when I volunteer as an EMT is the most compelling evidence that I could give to support my desire to be a physician. The examples that I gave of situations that I encountered and how I acted while helping sick an injured people impressed upon the interviewers my humanistic, kind, compassionate and empathetic personality. So I urge all you rutgers pre-meds to check out ebrs.org and join the East Brunswick Rescue Squad.

Now that I'm done with my plug for the East Brunswick Rescue Squad, let me give some more advice. Don't forget about the SUNY schools. They recently started accepting out of state residents into their medical schools with little discrimination. If you don't mind the cold weather, Buffalo and Upstate are great schools. Upstate has a very strong program for primary care / rural medicine, and you're in the middle of a college town so you can party like you never left rutgers. Buffalo and Stony Brook are great schools with great reputations. If you want great clinical experience, Downstate in Brooklyn can blow away NJMS. You will see diseases that you didn't think existed anymore in the western world.

Classes at Rutgers:

I was a computer science major at rutgers, so I can only talk about my experience with the general pre-med classes. I did take Dr. Goldman's inorganic chemistry class. He is an amazing professor, but the course is not easy.

Bio - you don't have much choice. all the profs are the same. if you're lucky, you're lab TA might speak a word of two of english.

Chem - university chem is not much harder than general chem in terms of grading. i would advise pre-meds to take the honors section as it will better prepare your for the MCAT's and honors classes look great on your application. It will make you stand out among the thousands of applicants.

Physics - again, this course has a ridiculous curve and you should take it for the same reason as U chem. the classical physics lab is not as much of a joke as the regular physics lab, but it is still really straightforward.

Orgo - DON't take principles! I took it my first semester and it blew my mind. you'll be sitting in the class with a few chemists that love molecules (besides ethanol) more beer. Stick to regular organic chemistry, and go to O'Connor's lectures. He's the best.

English - Even though you can take many courses to fulfill your second writing requirement, be forewarned that this might not satisfy many medical school's second english requirement. I learned that hard way, and now i am stuck taking english II with a bunch of geniuses at a community college this summer in order to appease mt. sinai.

My final advice is to study, study, study and get good grades. There is nothing more daunting than having to explain each of the C's on your transcript to the interviewer. :)

Take the princeton review class. The class is a waste of money but the material and practice that they give you are invaluable. I would have gotten a 20 on the test had I not take the class. Take the MCAT's in April so that you can apply early. The med school classes fill up quickly. I took the test in August and got late interviews, so I had to wait around for months until May 15 without an acceptance.

Have fun.
-Eric
RC '01

Members don't see this ad :)
any advice for students majoring in engineering? then considering med? i'll be starting at rutgers nb in fall (biomedical engineering)..i know my course load is already insane (with calc 151,152, 4 semesters of physics, advanced chem for engineers, EXPOS, and buncha other crap)..

can u guys suggest some EASY electives so i can at least keep up my grades? my sis graduated from rutgers last yr n she recommended theater arts appreciation lol with all my friends..which sounds interesting..i also heard about flower appreciation lol.. and wine tasting :laugh: (but you have to be at least 21)

i think im taking gen psych in fall (if i get it) then sociology in spring

i've already heard so many terrible stories about expos..and orgo. i dont think orgo is required for my major but i can take it as a technical elective..

am i required to take expos II for med schools or can i just take expos I and then some other (easy) english course to meet my requirements?

i dunno what kinda research is offered to engineering students.. but i was part of this students scholars program at the waksman institute doing some research with C elegans and it was pretty interesting..i dunno if i can still continue with the research when i go to rutgers. are students from other majors (not related to microbio) allowed to participate in research in diff departments?

any kinda advice will be greatly appreciated..thanks guys..later

Hi Desi,

Yes, Theater Appreciation is a super push-over course. And as a benefit, you get some relatively cheap tickets to plays and musicals. Fun stuff :) Another easy course, and very interesting IMHO, is the Topics Course in Identification of Poisonous and edible mushrooms of America. However, its only a 1 credit course and doesn't fulfill any degree requirements whatsoever. Most of the topics courses are fun but rather useless as far as graduating goes.

Expos really is a bad as everyone makes it out to be. Unfortunately, theres no way around though. You don't necessarily need to take Expos II, but there aren't many other options. I took Scientific and Technical Writing as my other english. I'm not sure if classes such as Creative Writing or Literature classes would fulfill most med schools' requirements. Orgo isn't so incredibly terrible, so long as you realize that most of the learning has to be done on your own. No lecturer or TA is going to fill your brain with useful orgo knowledge. Study consistently, and work to understand underlying principles rather than memorize.

General Psych is a good choice for a course that is interesting and not incredibly difficult. From the Cook College perspective, EDA (environmental design architecture) and Intro to Human Ecology are good, easy ways to build your GPA. Remember that these will go into your non-science GPA. So your BCPM GPA won't benefit from these. Don't slack on those super physics courses.

I don't have too much major specific info for you. This may not be relevant yet anyway. Many many people change their intended major during the first year. Doing this wouldn't effect your progress much if you stay in a Science, since you will be mostly taking prereqs your freshman year. As for research, I don't expect that many PIs would have a problem with you crossing departments. The obstacle would likely be your major department and whether they would count divergent research for course credits. Otherwise, I'm sure you'd be welcome in most labs. The real question is whether you mind not having that experience appear on your transcript.

I also hear Theater App is super easy, although because you have to see plays during the week, it may be time consuming.
Everyone and their mom told me that World Myth was such an easy A, so I took it this past semester. The prof is SO SO SO boring, and most of your papers or tests are written by your TA so the difficulty of the course depends on who you have. of course when i took myth, my TA was the hardest, but I still managed an A. Plus world myth fulfills your writing requirement, nonwestern, and humanities so lots of people take it for this reason too.

Expos is so hyped up, IMO. It's really not that bad. Expos II is easier than Expos-- only 2 5pagers and the research paper which you can really put off until the end. I've also taken a number of English and History courses and all the english courses have been soooo boring and disappointing. i changed my minor after taking a couple of lit courses. Orgo is also hyped up--i thought gen chem was more difficult. Don;t take Dr. Roth unless you want to get really confused. I heard Jimenez was as bad. Even if you get RU Screwed and don't get into O'connor's lectures, go to them anyways. it's worth it.

Has anyone here taken or heard anything about Fundamentals of Neuro, Genetics, or General Physics? Any advice to ace the course? I've heard so many conflicting stories about neuro...
and finally, a shot in the dark, but does anyone know Victoria Ukachukwu (vice dean of university college) or Dean Seiden (from UMDNJ-RWJ admissions)? I've got an interview with them next week...any advice is appreciated! :D

hi everyone... i'm glad i got some response.. wasn't sure if there were any other rutgers people on sdn....

desi- i have tons of advice for u, but i'm kinda lazy so if u want to pm me, i'll answer lots of questions and give u tips on professors.. i'm done with all my pre med reqs so i've taken all the courses ur goin to have to take....

zip- i've taken general physics and genetics... i'm a genetics major so i won't be takin any neuro classes.... general physics 1 and 2 i had ransome and got A's in both semesters but i didn't learn a thing... i went to class strictly for attendance (they have electronic things called prs, but u could always give it to a friend to take to class) and now i am screwed for mcats and relearning physics all over.... genetics i had mckim and rongo (they both taught... half the lectures were done by each) and i got an A in that too altho it was really not the best class...mckim was the most random teacher, ramblin on about this and that.. rongo was much more organized but the exams could def be brutal and long!! all open ended with multiple questions, many being time consuming... my roomate took mcguire but he was also very tough and focused on very diff areas than my class did.. he was very much about regulation while my class focused a lot more on practical techniques like mapping and linkage....

hi everyone... i'm glad i got some response.. wasn't sure if there were any other rutgers people on sdn....

desi- i have tons of advice for u, but i'm kinda lazy so if u want to pm me, i'll answer lots of questions and give u tips on professors.. i'm done with all my pre med reqs so i've taken all the courses ur goin to have to take....

zip- i've taken general physics and genetics... i'm a genetics major so i won't be takin any neuro classes.... general physics 1 and 2 i had ransome and got A's in both semesters but i didn't learn a thing... i went to class strictly for attendance (they have electronic things called prs, but u could always give it to a friend to take to class) and now i am screwed for mcats and relearning physics all over.... genetics i had mckim and rongo (they both taught... half the lectures were done by each) and i got an A in that too altho it was really not the best class...mckim was the most random teacher, ramblin on about this and that.. rongo was much more organized but the exams could def be brutal and long!! all open ended with multiple questions, many being time consuming... my roomate took mcguire but he was also very tough and focused on very diff areas than my class did.. he was very much about regulation while my class focused a lot more on practical techniques like mapping and linkage....

i have a lot more i can say, but in a hurry now.. i'll post later... keep the posts coming.... thanks everyone....

hi rugirlie,
i am a rutgers student too. i am takin summer classes to finish off my requirements and graduate in time cuz i am doing a double major. I will be takin general microbiology, intro to cancer, genetics lab and Biochemistry 407 during the fall. hope to see u around!

Hey guys!

It's so rare to hear from any Rutgers people, so i'm really happy about the thread! I'm going to be a senior (woohoo!!) - philosophy major, bio and chem minors. I'm applying right now and waiting on my April MCAT scores to arrive, so if you guys have any questions about classes/activities/etc., feel free to post or PM me!

Night night!

- Quid

Hey guys -

I am a 2nd year at NJMS. I went to Rutgers College - so I'm very familiar with the HPO and the many frustrations of applying to med school from RU.

If you guys have any ?'s - about med school or UMDNJ or whatever just post 'em here or PM me or something. :D

Good to see you RU people represent.

Later.

*bump* :D

just wanted to know if there were any BA/MD applicants here and/or people who are in it now. i got my letter (who says good news doesn't come in thin envelopes? :cool: ) today!

congrats zip! i've heard it's quite hard to get into the ba/md program..this girl i knew at rutgers with a 4.0 gpa got rejected but then she took her mcats n got into umdnj..but anyways that's quite an accomplishment. good job.. tell me more about the program. when u apply at the end of soph yr do u need to get all of the pre med reqs done? or can u still take somethin like orgo ur junior yr?

Members don't see this ad :)
desi, i too had heard so many horror stories of people with awesome numbers and ECs get rejected. but i think a big factor is your extracurriculars (they seem to stress that in their material) and interviews. you apply to the program at the end of sophomore year (deadline was june 1) and by that time you need to have taken 1 sem of math and english, as well as gen bio, gen chem, and orgo. you don't need to finish up physics beforehand; i'm not taking it until this fall. minimum GPA to apply is a 3.3 but that is very misleading because the mean GPA of people accepted is almost always a 3.8 or higher. last year's was 3.8. there's no set # of people accepted into the program...if they like you, they will take you. but they usually take about 9-10 ppl out of an avg of 30-40 applicants.

are you thinking of applying? some advice: get involved in some extracurriculars right away, and make good connections with profs/TAs for those LORs (you need 5 from Rutgers faculty).. i was up till the end getting my LORs which was not very fun.

yeah im thinking to apply..but in (biomedical) engineering i dont take orgo until my junior yr; i take gen chem first yr, physics for the first 2 yrs, and bio soph yr..if i HAVE to i guess i'd fit orgo somewhere in soph yr..or in the summer after fresh yr..
what kinda ECs did you do? i wanted to get trained as an EMT this summer before college started but all the classes are filled up..except this one in RWJUH..it starts next week and ends in october, but that would interfere with my classes all throughout sept and i can't do that. i guess i can volunteer at the hospital this summer but delivering flowers to patients isn't as thrilling as EMT.

why did you choose to major in biomedical engineering (versus one of the bio majors, etc.)? yeah, i heard you guys don't take orgo until junior year, but i know this guy who was in my orgo class and he was a soph and biomedical... i'm sure if you talk to the dean or an advisor, maybe you can switch the time you take physics with orgo.

my ECs include paid employment throughout the year to pay for full tuition (i work crazy hours over the summer as well), i'm an editor of a magazine on campus as well as a contributing writer (a shameless plug: join conversasian! we need south asian representatives to help in all different departments of the paper.) i got a research paper of mine published (non-science related tho), i volunteer at the children's hospital, and will be VP of a premed club.

I hear being an EMT is a lot of fun; my friend is one. i think volunteering at a hospital is what you make of it. RWJUH's volunteer dept is good in that they ask you what sort of things you want to do and they will suggest something. hours are also flexible, of course, and shifts are short. i started volunteering at the children's playroom in the hospital in early Feb and i really enjoyed it.

Does anyone know what campus has the best statistics for their students going on to med school? I heard that currently the Newark campus currently holds that title, and for the main reason thats why I am there. I was contemplating moving over to New Brunswick, but then heard that their premed program didnt have such a high yield of success as Newark. Any comments/suggestions?

Dude, don't go to Newark. The New Brunswick campus is much better - it's rated a lot higher and has better facilities, etc. I hate to say this, but if the Newark campus holds a better rep for admissions, that may just be because they have a higher percentage of URMs. If you're making a choice based on best shot at med school, DEFINETLY go to New Brunswick. Try to go to Rutgers College if you can (it's seen as the most prestigious).

Lotsa Luck

- Quid

I think you misunderstood me. I gained acceptance to rutgers newark, new brunswick (rutgers college), as well as cook campus and have attended newark for a year now. I know that new brunswick has a nice campus, but newark really is a good campus as well (the only thing that sucks here is the social life). The teachers are top rate (for the most part) and actually the pre-medical facilities here are quite good. Dr. Maiello is wonderful, and a real asset to any ambitious premed student. I fully agree that perhaps socially new brunswick has a better campus, but academically I really wouldn't put newark down. Not to say I'm still not tempted to transfer due to social reasons. You also may be right about URM's as the newark campus is highly diversified, and that would not work in my favor as I am not a minority.

they should call rutgers The University of New Jersey.

thats y its called: Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey

Wow I found this really old thread I started and decided to bump it for the hell of it now that I'm actually accepted into med school.... I can offer more advice. I'm sure this will probably get buried by the end of the night but if there are any fresh RU students out there, here is your platform for advice! :D

i need help from you rug ppl. im moving to new jersey (to a place like prob 30 mins away from there?) and im wondering if summer classes at rutgers are hard specifically: calculus II, multivariable calculus, and physical chemistry.

anyone of yall wanna hook me up with an aim sn so i can ask some of you regarding local opportunities for jobs and internships and also what there is to do in jersey?

stifler said:
i need help from you rug ppl. im moving to new jersey (to a place like prob 30 mins away from there?) and im wondering if summer classes at rutgers are hard specifically: calculus II, multivariable calculus, and physical chemistry.

anyone of yall wanna hook me up with an aim sn so i can ask some of you regarding local opportunities for jobs and internships and also what there is to do in jersey?

Sure, dude.. just pm me with your sn and I'll im you and help you out as best I can. :D :thumbup:

desi flava said:
any advice for students majoring in engineering? then considering med? i'll be starting at rutgers nb in fall (biomedical engineering)..i know my course load is already insane (with calc 151,152, 4 semesters of physics, advanced chem for engineers, EXPOS, and buncha other crap)..

i dunno what kinda research is offered to engineering students.. but i was part of this students scholars program at the waksman institute doing some research with C elegans and it was pretty interesting..i dunno if i can still continue with the research when i go to rutgers. are students from other majors (not related to microbio) allowed to participate in research in diff departments?

any kinda advice will be greatly appreciated..thanks guys..later

hey desi, i just graduated from bme this spring. If you want to PM me I could give you some pointers on getting research jobs and which professors are the best to work for/get a recomendation from. But for the first two years I would concentrate on getting good grades and studying bc the third year is a killer!!

o yeah as long as I found this thread, I have to leave a complaint about the HPO. That office is horrible. They lost at least three of my LORs and then they suddenly appeared months later. Then they told me that I was aiming too low and that I should apply to more prestigous schools and that I was worrying way to much about medical school and that I had a great application and there was no way I wasnt going to get accepted to several schools. And here I am with no acceptances and completely dreading having to deal with them again because I have to reapply......grrrrrrr

Anyways I do have a question also. Since this year i will be applying as a NJ resident (instead of IL) what schools besides NJ ones are more favorable to NJ residents? Is the comment above about the SUNY schools accurate??

smallqt said:
o yeah as long as I found this thread, I have to leave a complaint about the HPO. That office is horrible. They lost at least three of my LORs and then they suddenly appeared months later. Then they told me that I was aiming too low and that I should apply to more prestigous schools and that I was worrying way to much about medical school and that I had a great application and there was no way I wasnt going to get accepted to several schools. And here I am with no acceptances and completely dreading having to deal with them again because I have to reapply......grrrrrrr

Anyways I do have a question also. Since this year i will be applying as a NJ resident (instead of IL) what schools besides NJ ones are more favorable to NJ residents? Is the comment above about the SUNY schools accurate??

I'm not a big fan of the HPO either. They don't give out realistic advice for people who go there for counseling. Just this past semester, I know a girl who was scoring in the teens on all her Kaplan diagnostics and not once did the person she went to see tell her to consider waiting till August to take it. On top of that, she has a really low G.P.A. and she was never even advised to consider applying D.O. I'm not saying she can't possibly get into an allopathic school but I think the people at the office should have told her about this possibility cuz when I told her about doing D.O., she didn't even know what it was (this was after going to HPO for consultation). Although everyone is really nice there, I think they should do something about making the whole experience with the HPO a bit more personalized. There are just too many pre-meds now. LOL.

Can someone tell me what are the differences between Cook College, Livingston and Rugters College?? Do they all offer the same majors or each specialized in a speical field??
Do each one have their own honors program??
Which one is good to enroll for bio major??

Bump, anyone from Rutgers??

I am a postbac at Rutgers. Might be able to help you out; I took all my prereqs here.

One thing I can say is that the HPO is absolutely great. I am not sure what the previous posters (circa 2003) are talking about in regards to the HPO, but they have served me well.

thanks much hopster, any other Rutgers poeple out there??

Has anyone here taken or heard anything about Fundamentals of Neuro, Genetics, or General Physics?

Hey... I'm so happy that ppl frm RU (NB) are on here!!! I am a cell bio neurosci major and I have take neuro. I don't know how much this will help you because I took it last summer w. Dr. Uzwiak. The class was friggen awesome. He is one the best lecturers, but he doesn't teach during the regular semesters. He presents the material in an easy way but his exams are super hard. If you like neuro, like I do, you should be fine. If you can get through all the lectures and understand the material, you will be fine. You just have to pay attention in lecture and take good notes. This is important you also have to know how to apply the concepts (e.g. if this part of the spinal cord is damage what type of injury will be the final outcome). I ended up with a B in the class and I studied my arse off, but I was happy with the B because that was a defining moment in my pre med career.

The material isn't difficult you just need to know how to apply it in all situations

Can someone tell me what are the differences between Cook College, Livingston and Rugters College?? Do they all offer the same majors or each specialized in a speical field??
Do each one have their own honors program??
Which one is good to enroll for bio major??

They all differ in what you can major in. Cook College is more animal science, Livingston College is like hmm like business school, law, and criminal justice, Rutgers College has all the liberal arts stuff and is the hardest to get into. Mason Gross is of course for the arts. But the best for a bio major I think is Rutgers College (biased bc I'm an RC student). I also heard that cook college has a bio dept but I'm not entirely sure. It just depends on where you think you might fell comfortable. Not only that, but each college has different requirements to fulfil. I know at livingston you have to do expos I and II. At RC you have to have a major and a minor and at douglass (if ur a guy disregaurd) you have to take like women studies classes but I don't think you need a minor. Each college do have an honors program. The cool thing about rutgers is, you can belong to one college and take classes all over the place.

But all of this stuff I am telling you is irrelevant because soon all the colleges are merging to become just one university. I <3 RU and I didn't think I would like it bc it is a NJ school (I'm a instater) but after I took a bus tour I totally fell in love with the place. I reccomend taking one of those it will give you a sense of where you might want to go. Plus RU has a good football team (NOW)... lol... but gl on your decision if you haven't made one yet.

Hey... I'm so happy that ppl frm RU (NB) are on here!!! I am a cell bio neurosci major and I have take neuro. I don't know how much this will help you because I took it last summer w. Dr. Uzwiak. The class was friggen awesome. He is one the best lecturers, but he doesn't teach during the regular semesters. He presents the material in an easy way but his exams are super hard. If you like neuro, like I do, you should be fine. If you can get through all the lectures and understand the material, you will be fine. You just have to pay attention in lecture and take good notes. This is important you also have to know how to apply the concepts (e.g. if this part of the spinal cord is damage what type of injury will be the final outcome). I ended up with a B in the class and I studied my arse off, but I was happy with the B because that was a defining moment in my pre med career.

The material isn't difficult you just need to know how to apply it in all situations

I took Fund Neuro with Uzwiak this past summer too. Go figure. Yea, his tests were sooo hard, but he was a really nice guy and loved it if you came to his office hours.

I took Fund Neuro with Uzwiak this past summer too. Go figure. Yea, his tests were sooo hard, but he was a really nice guy and loved it if you came to his office hours.

Hey did you take Fund. of cell bio and dev bio this past semester w. Hart, Kiledjian, and Babiarz? I might know you. Are you a CBN major? :)

Hey did you take Fund. of cell bio and dev bio this past semester w. Hart, Kiledjian, and Babiarz? I might know you. Are you a CBN major? :)

Squib, thanks for the info on the various colleges of Rutgers-NB. I am a high school senior and have not decided if i want to go to Rutgers, TCNJ or Drexel for the long journey of pre-med track. It's still info gathering stage for me right now.

thanks much hopster, any other Rutgers poeple out there??

Hey, I'm a post-bacc just starting the Pre-Health program this coming Tuesday. Very excited to finally get the ball rolling.

yay Rutgers!

I'll be a freshman this fall!

Has anyone taken Chem Honors? Is the course very challenging?
I haven't taken chemistry since 10th grade so my knowledge of the subject is ... Do you think it's okay for me to take Chem Honors, with the little knowledge of chem. I have now?

The courses I signed up for first semester are: Calc I, Chem Honors, Gen. Bio, Expos, and an Honors Colloquia.

Is this a good course load? any advice? Do you think joining the emt a rutgers first semester is a good idea?

Thanks in advance =)

wow! this is my first post here and im so so happy to have found other rutgers people on sdn!
i'm a rutgers MBB soph and i guess it's a little late to be answering your questions but i took chem hnrs last year and it was pretty okay, potenza and krenos are both very caring and good teachers

also, i guess for research, any upcoming sophomores should definitely apply to the aresty summer program. i did that last summer and i absolutely love the lab i'm working in now!

yay rutgers!

wow. THis has got to be the only thread that has been bumped after two years of inactivity twice. Started in '03, bumped in '05 and '07!

And what's the deal with the OP being banned? WTF, he/she had 700 posts over 5 years, what can get you banned? Think OP was posting ads or nudie pictures or something?

:D:D:D

i didn't know what to post but was excited to see a rutgers thread

RU rah rah RU rah rah...god I miss that place sooooo much :-(

lol a Rutgers thread awesome!

RC class of '07 represent :laugh: