|-Official School Interview Invitation Rules

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhystheprince

MVPhysician
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure that schools have "guidelines" on how to invite people for an interview based on applicant stats. E.g. some multiply your GPA by your mean MCAT score and if it is higher than a certain number you would get an automatic interview. While some schools publish this on their website, I just wish the MSAR would have that information so those who do not qualify would not apply and save some cash. Since that is not the case yet, I am asking whoever knows about these formulas to write them here for current and future applicants. I'll go first:

Indiana University (I am quoting from their website)
In-State: GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale and an MCAT score of at least 22.
Non-residents without apparent Indiana ties will be considered on an individual basis.
Interview invites BEFORE receiving LORs!

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools don't have discrete equations they use to determine who gets interviewed, and I doubt that those that do want to tell you what it is. They'll tell you that each candidate's profile is looked at individually, and decisions are made based on the "whole package." Even those that do use a formula probably alter it somewhat

Ex: 40 MCAT, 4.0 GPA, but with no EC's and three DUI's on their record probably isn't going to be interviewed regardless of what the equation says.

UMich, though, does give out automatic interviews to people w/ certain stats, can't quite remember what they are now though...