Official School Rejection List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EcoRI

7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a couple schools I was hoping to get interviews from but I have heard nothing except that they have received my application. I?ve been in a bit of denial with some of these schools because I?ve just been telling myself that ?hey, if I haven?t got a rejection letter yet that?s good?. The reality is I sent my application out fairly early and people who applied much later than I have already gotten interviews at some of these schools. The true reality probably is that they just haven?t sent out any rejections yet or they are holding on to my application just-in-case. Don?t get me wrong, I?m more than happy with the interviews I?ve got considering my stats aren?t anything to jump up and down about. I thought it might be useful to have an official list of schools that have sent out rejections similar to the list of schools that have sent out interviews. That way, you might get a better sense as to whether or not the school of your choice might still be considering you for interview. I?ll start:

University of Maryland

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently the fact that I'm a Ca resident didn't bump me too much when it came to LLU. I was sent a mail saying "in an effort to save you more time, paperwork, and money, we decided that you do not need to send in $$ for supplemental." I've also heard that since LLU is a 7th day adventist, that they obviously give preference to applicants of that denomination, and that if you're not in that denomination, you better have a above average to be considered. Their average for 2003 were as follows:

Science GPA - 3.31
Cumulative GPA - 3.43
DAT academic average 19.0
DAT perceptual ability 19.2

But that's ok, so far i've heard from 6 east coast schools out of the 20 or so schools i applied and i've gotten interview from each one!

oh well, LLU wasn't my 1st priority anywayz, whatever.

NSXDent

My stats are pretty low, so I am not surprised that I am getting denials. However, on the upside, I am thankful that I have a couple of interviews as well. Hopefully I will get in someplace, but if not, at least I will be a stronger candidate for next year.

Denials from LLU and Case.

Members don't see this ad :)
In early to mid-August I received denials from:

Iowa, Kentucky, and Ohio State.

Each letter explained that they are expecting a more qualified applicant pool this year, and so they consider my application to be "non-competitive". Keep in mind that my application was very early (it was the first app. that Iowa saw). Kentucky mentioned they might review my application again in February. Shyea, right.

My "non-competitive" stats are :

Cumulative GPA: 3.47
Science GPA: 3.23
Major: English
Minor: Chemistry, Physiology

DAT: 20 Academic, 23 PAT

Research experience: 2 years in a Neuroendocrinimmunology facility

AADSAS submitted: June 3

I have also recieved denials from a couple of schools. They are

OHSU (not a suprise cause I'm from washington state)
Colorado
Iowa

I have already interveiwed at case and I am still trying to get through several secondaries so I am still hopefull that I will hear from a few more schools. I think that denails are just part of the game. You win some and you lose some.

the tooth fairy

I've received a rejection from Ohio State, not suprised since I'm out of state.

Have received interviews for:
Pittsburgh
Temple
NYU
Boston Univ.

Have heard from UPenn, UCONN, SUNY, CASE stating that they haven't received all my LORs. Hopefully, I'll get interviews there since they haven't rejected me straight up. :)

Hi ItsGavinC, sorry to see the rejection from Iowa. However, I think your academic record is excellent, at least good enough to enter dental schools. Do you find out what is their "real" reason or consideration? I am going to apply next year and struggle with Organic Chem now.

I guess the list looks something like this:

OHSU
Colorado
Iowa
CWR
Loma Linda
Kentucky
Maryland

OHSU
Colorado
Iowa
CWR
Loma Linda
Kentucky
Maryland
Columbia
Tufts

Man, that sucks you got rejected to come here. Truth of the matter is however, the class of 2006 (my class) came into Iowa with the highest avg GPA and DAT scores they've ever seen. They haven't told us specific DAT averages yet, but the avg entering gpa for this year was around a 3.7-3.8 I think. Yeah, crazy.

That, and 2/3 of each class are Iowa Residents.

The people in my class this year are wicked smart. I think they're assuming there will be another applicant pool like that for 2007.

Yeah, and I knew that about Iowa before I applied. Iowa was one of my "reach" schools. Still, I got rejected prior to receiving a secondary, and the admin. office said that my application was the 3rd that they received. You would think they would send me a secondary.

Has anyone heard from University of Washington yet? I am expecting a thin rejection letter in the mail soon. All I got was a post card saying my app is "complete."

And has anyone actually gotten an interview from OHSU? I sent my secondary in a month ago, and the lady at the addmissions office said they do not start interviewing this year until late October. Well, it's almost that time, and I have heard not a peep from my hometown school.

the thin letter myth? are rejection letters always thin? what about acceptance? Does anyone know if schools are gonna notify by email? phone call? or snail mail?

6 more weeks until dec ! :eek:

~Qoo

Hey!!! I just got back from my Tufts Interview and they talked about how it was officially decided that all schools must send out acceptances. Because Dec. 2 falls right after Thanksgiving weekend, they have to wait to drop the letters in the mail until that day. So, the letters will take probably around a week to get to us. They are anticipating no later than Dec. 9, then we have 30 or whatever days to respond from that date.

But I'm sure some schools will also call/email.

hi again. ya. they said that you should call if you haven't heard because they want to make sure that you have enough time to respond and put down your deposits.

Well here goes for me:

Interviews:

1) Maryland
2) Temple
3) Pittsburgh
4) NYU
5) Case (in january though...yuck)

REJECTIONS! (I am crying inside...really)

1) Loma Linda (dont really care to go there anymore anyway)
2) Columbia (expected it)

Thats it so far!

p.s. submitted app on July 26th....

Hey Portlander-
You asked if UW has sent anything out. I also received the post card saying that they had received my addsas app. and than this last week I also received their secondary. And yes I am from washington so I know that has alot to do with it. Good look to you in receiving their secondary.

the tooth fairy

Originally posted by FunkDocta

REJECTIONS! (I am crying inside...really)

1) Loma Linda (dont really care to go there anymore anyway)
2) Columbia (expected it)

What was your gpa/dat? Please tell me; I am curious.