Official ****Score Prediction Thread***** now that we have taken the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDtoBe777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, now that we have taken the MCAT....what is your score prediction? It'll be fun to bring it up in October when they post.

Members don't see this ad.

MoosePilot said:
Not everyone uses the same view. I don't use a "by thread" view, so I can never tell who the heck you're talking to.

Yeah, me neither.

severus said:
I've always wondered that too... MedCAT. A professor of mine continues to refer to it as such, and it drives me up a wall.

I know some people woh, instead of saying em-cat, say M-C-A-T, and it drives me up a wall.

MoosePilot said:
Not everyone uses the same view. I don't use a "by thread" view, so I can never tell who the heck you're talking to.

then why don't you use threaded form because you can tell who you are talking to? i can't imagine why the other is even an option...it seems pointless!

I almost hate to do this, but here's my prediction

PS:8
VR: 11-12
BS: 10-11
Writing: R

I had form FM, and PS was a biotch, so I'm hoping the curve is good. I didn't finish, either, and had to leave about 6 or so blank.
VR and BS I thought were pretty easy...so we'll see about that. Sometimes this forum makes me SO damn nervous....and I'm praying so hard I did well! I can't take this test a third time (got a 26Q in April)......wish me luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Psycho Doctor said:
then why don't you use threaded form because you can tell who you are talking to? i can't imagine why the other is even an option...it seems pointless!

Slightly off topic, but worthwhile I think...

I don't use the threaded view, because linear mode came up as default for me when I first logged in to this site. I did try threaded mode when I was checking out different features of this site, but you have to click on each message. Linear mode shows maybe 10 messages before I have to click on a link to see the next page of posts. I like the ease of thumbwheeling down through many posts vs just seeing titles and having to click to view.

man, i didnt even know there was any other way than linear.

isnt it just the standard message board style? A main forum with links to threads, then all of the posts in sequential order once you're in the thread? All that clicking on individual posts seems like a pain in the ass.

well i think it's mor eimportant to understand the whole converation.

well that a tleast explains why no one responds to the proper person and why people told me i should use quotes in my responses I didn't think that was necessary b/c i figured of course everyone uses threaded poasts b/c it was obviously the better way. :D

willthatsall said:
If you don't use linear, you are just a bad person. It's really that simple.

oh my gosh...noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

say it isn't so!

PS 10-11 I think one or two questions might keep meet at an 11
VS 7-8 Praying for that 8 I just got raped by this section
BS 12-13 Felt I did pretty good on this section
29-32 just hoping for a 30 Pray for me guys :)

By Grace alone...

PS: 8-9 (I ran out of time!!)
Verbal: 10
Bio: 10-11 (cross my fingers)
Wr: I don't care

PS 8-10
VR 8-9
BS 7-9

overall 23-28

I was doing great on the practice exams and just blew it on the real thing, oh well!! Life goes on.... or does it?

Physics - 12-13
Verbal - 11-12
Biology - 13-14

Overall 36-39

Form EK biology was the easiest biology I have ever seen, physics was grueling, I usually manage a 14 in that, and verbal was ok. Hopkins does a good job in helping us prepare for really tough exams though.

I took it this Saturday and had form CK

The Physics was all conceptual based and didn't seem to bad. Same with Verbal......it seemed easier. The bio seemed a bit tougher because of the genetics questions on it.

But I get that feeling like I think I did good, but I am scared and think that means I did bad. You know like something seems easy but that probably means you needed to look into it more.

I don't know........I'm praying with every living fiber in me that god answers my prayer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can really say that I would not be surprised to have any score from 21-35.

I also was killed on the PS section. My god those physics passages!!! Not that chemistry was any great treat either. I am praying for anything 8 and above.

Biology I did not think was that bad so that means 1 of 2 things: (1) I am an idiot and missed the point; or (2) it really was not that bad, in which case the curve will be more difficult. Hopefully, I will have pulled out at least a 10.

I had been averaging a 12 on the verbal but after that PS section, I bet that won't happen. I felt completely fried after the PS. I will be pissed at myself if this is under a 10 but what can you do.

Writing section- anything from a P-T.

Journeyman7282 said:
FORM BS

Physx= 12-13
Verbal= 7-9 (DAMN YOU DRAKE :smuggrin: )
Wr= ??
Bio = 10-11

??29-33??
Journeyman, you had form BS too! I put two threads last week looking for someone had Form BS, Man i feel the exact same way, I think did pretty good on the PS and BS but man that verbal just raped me, that stupid Drake passage, and that was my first passage to start off with, i just hope there is a pretty good curve

Hypocratus once said "he whoeth predicteth hiseth MCAT scorethest is doometh" So I don't tink predicting one's MCAT score is a good idea it's like saying the red sox are goin to win the world series every year....yeaa :love:

DrFaiyaz said:
Hypocratus once said "he whoeth predicteth hiseth MCAT scorethest is doometh" So I don't tink predicting one's MCAT score is a good idea it's like saying the red sox are goin to win the world series every year....yeaa :love:

I know what you mean. especially with the MCAT which is so unpredictable. With regular classes, you can at least predict what you did and didn't know and got with some precision and accuracy, but with the MCAT it is sooooo unpredictable.

I just pray with every fiber in being to the lord and savior that I will have passed.

gujuDoc said:
I know what you mean. especially with the MCAT which is so unpredictable. With regular classes, you can at least predict what you did and didn't know and got with some precision and accuracy, but with the MCAT it is sooooo unpredictable.

I just pray with every fiber in being to the lord and savior that I will have passed.

Most of us from April predicted fairly accurately, so dont get your panties in a bundle about jinxing yourself :)

stinkycheese said:
Most of us from April predicted fairly accurately, so dont get your panties in a bundle about jinxing yourself :)

Maybe so, but some people said that they did worse than they originally thought they did that I talked to.

See with me, I don't want to get my hopes up and then find out I did horrible, because at least if I don't make a prediction that means I will be a little less surprised when I get my score if I didn't do as well as I wanted to.

stinkycheese said:

Also I took 10 practice tests of which 9 out of 10 I found to be harder than the form I had on the real test, but sometimes it happens to me that what I think I got rifht is wrong.

I studied 4 months for the test and did a lot of workbook stuff from Princeton Review too.

So I guess I'll see if it paid off. I know I went up 12 points on the practice test, from my first diagnostic. But still, I don't know.

DrFaiyaz said:

its kinda funny, i predicted all mah kaplan mcat scores and they were all on the money...i mean, every single time...and then i took the real thingie, nxt thing i know, i really blew it outta the H20...my score was wayyy above wat i had predicted

hopefully, the same thing'll happen 2 all my fellow SDNers :luck:

newayz
HOLLA

whtdasheezy said:
its kinda funny, i predicted all mah kaplan mcat scores and they were all on the money...i mean, every single time...and then i took the real thingie, nxt thing i know, i really blew it outta the H20...my score was wayyy above wat i had predicted

hopefully, the same thing'll happen 2 all my fellow SDNers :luck:

newayz
HOLLA

If you don't mind my asking, what was your score????

Here goes:
PS:8
VR:12
BS: 11

I had version FH. The PS section really threw me off. I always have plenty of time left when taking standardized tests, but I had to guess on about 10 because I ran out of time! I'm really worried about that score. Hopefully, my other two scores will make up for it!