Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Official: SDNers willing to read 2004-2005 Personal Statements

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by oldman, Mar 28, 2004.

1. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It's the beginning of another cycle!

Here's the beginning of a list of people who are willing to help with essays

Some rules (at least for me)
    1. please include an email address, i like to edit with word. I will send your essay back with the "Track Changes" option so you can see all the edits

Here's info about the people willing to help. Feel free to add yourself to the list in alpha order.
    oldman - Finishing off 2nd year of med school and about to begin my 3rd year (June). I have been reading essays since spring of 2002 for my fellow SDNers. I have been an EMT, phlebotomist, rehab technician. During undergrad I was a member of Alpha Phi Omega. I applied to 27 med schools, 10 interview offers, 4 acceptances. Currently at my home state school

2. 2112_rush

7+ Year Member

2112_rush - accepted applicant; I'm done with undergrad coursework and waiting for med school, so right now I have plenty of time.

oldman - Finishing off 2nd year of med school and about to begin my 3rd year (June). I have been reading essays since spring of 2002 for my fellow SDNers. I have been an EMT, phlebotomist, rehab technician. During undergrad I was a member of Alpha Phi Omega. I applied to 27 med schools, 10 interview offers, 4 acceptances. Currently at my home state school

3. ad_sharp

ad_sharp Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    ad_sharp - accepted applicant; applied to two schools, accepted to two schools. I have a lot of ECs, voluntering, shadowing, CNA work, etc.; 4.0 undergrad GPA. I will be attending my state school. I haven't proofed SDN essay before because I'm new, but I think that I can do a good job.

2112_rush - accepted applicant; I'm done with undergrad coursework and waiting for med school, so right now I have plenty of time.

4. Mr. Rosewater

Mr. Rosewater Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

there's already a thread for this. i bumped it up yesterday, but i'll do it again. it'd be great if you 3 could add yourselves to the bigger list.

5. Paws

7+ Year Member

I'm willing to read essays. Lots of people read my essay before I submitted it and so I am happy to read other people's this time around. I have a pretty decent English/Liberal arts background and have tutored writing in graduate school.

6. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen

Attending Physician
    can you put a link here? or what's the title of that thread?

7. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen

Attending Physician
    It's the beginning of another cycle!

Here's the beginning of a list of people who are willing to help with essays

Some rules (at least for me)
    1. please include an email address, i like to edit with word. I will send your essay back with the "Track Changes" option so you can see all the edits

2. Please PM the essay

Here's info about the people willing to help. Feel free to add yourself to the list in alpha order.

ad_sharp - accepted applicant; applied to two schools, accepted to two schools. I have a lot of ECs, voluntering, shadowing, CNA work, etc.; 4.0 undergrad GPA. I will be attending my state school. I haven't proofed SDN essay before because I'm new, but I think that I can do a good job.

Paws - I'm willing to read essays. Lots of people read my essay before I submitted it and so I am happy to read other people's this time around. I have a pretty decent English/Liberal arts background and have tutored writing in graduate school.