Senior Citizen
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2002
Hospital
  1. Attending Physician
It's the beginning of another cycle!

Here's the beginning of a list of people who are willing to help with essays

Some rules (at least for me)
1. please include an email address, i like to edit with word. I will send your essay back with the "Track Changes" option so you can see all the edits

Here's info about the people willing to help. Feel free to add yourself to the list in alpha order.
oldman - Finishing off 2nd year of med school and about to begin my 3rd year (June). I have been reading essays since spring of 2002 for my fellow SDNers. I have been an EMT, phlebotomist, rehab technician. During undergrad I was a member of Alpha Phi Omega. I applied to 27 med schools, 10 interview offers, 4 acceptances. Currently at my home state school

2112_rush

M2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2004
2112_rush - accepted applicant; I'm done with undergrad coursework and waiting for med school, so right now I have plenty of time.

oldman - Finishing off 2nd year of med school and about to begin my 3rd year (June). I have been reading essays since spring of 2002 for my fellow SDNers. I have been an EMT, phlebotomist, rehab technician. During undergrad I was a member of Alpha Phi Omega. I applied to 27 med schools, 10 interview offers, 4 acceptances. Currently at my home state school

ad_sharp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
You never know
  1. Resident [Any Field]
ad_sharp - accepted applicant; applied to two schools, accepted to two schools. I have a lot of ECs, voluntering, shadowing, CNA work, etc.; 4.0 undergrad GPA. I will be attending my state school. I haven't proofed SDN essay before because I'm new, but I think that I can do a good job.

2112_rush - accepted applicant; I'm done with undergrad coursework and waiting for med school, so right now I have plenty of time.

About the Ads

Paws

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2003
I'm willing to read essays. Lots of people read my essay before I submitted it and so I am happy to read other people's this time around. I have a pretty decent English/Liberal arts background and have tutored writing in graduate school.

oldman

Senior Citizen
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2002
Hospital
  1. Attending Physician
It's the beginning of another cycle!

Here's the beginning of a list of people who are willing to help with essays

Some rules (at least for me)
1. please include an email address, i like to edit with word. I will send your essay back with the "Track Changes" option so you can see all the edits

2. Please PM the essay

Here's info about the people willing to help. Feel free to add yourself to the list in alpha order.

ad_sharp - accepted applicant; applied to two schools, accepted to two schools. I have a lot of ECs, voluntering, shadowing, CNA work, etc.; 4.0 undergrad GPA. I will be attending my state school. I haven't proofed SDN essay before because I'm new, but I think that I can do a good job.

Paws - I'm willing to read essays. Lots of people read my essay before I submitted it and so I am happy to read other people's this time around. I have a pretty decent English/Liberal arts background and have tutored writing in graduate school.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.