Official Secret Santa Sign-up Thread - December 2018!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
countdown.gif

Any last minute submissions?

Oooh me too, I want in!! I realize I cut it super close to the deadline lol, I'll be up for a little while longer tonight so if I make it in, I'm ready to fill out the survey whenever it shows up!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Can I squeak in last minute too? It's ok to say no if you've already finalized everything! I was trying to resist but the past ones looked so fun and I have major fomo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Darn, school made me miss the deadline. If I can get in, I'd love to. If not, that's okay too. :)

ALL SANTAS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED!

ALL PMS HAVE BEEN SENT!

Please keep your replies and questions in the original thread to make it easier on us.

Remember, December 15th is the deadline to ship. Please let us know when you have shipped, especially if there is a tracking number. Also remember the $25 with shipping suggested limit.

anigif_original-26529-1449114649-1.gif

Reactions: 7 users
Man I may need to resort to good old Amazon shipping things directly this time. Our postal workers are on strike so otherwise anything might make it to it's destination by approximately March

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve been waiting and picking out potential things for this since last year. May already be done deciding on what to get
Just need to be paid next Friday.

You mean someone might not like the dick-shaped mug and the firemen with kittens calendar?
How did you guess?

But actually there is a dinosaur themed shower head and dobby earrings I have saved for the right opportunity. If only our GSA did white elephant.

Man I may need to resort to good old Amazon shipping things directly this time. Our postal workers are on strike so otherwise anything might make it to it's destination by approximately March

Ugh. Yeah that is my plan too..

The first gift has shipped!

Please feel free to post about your gifts when you receive them. We love to hear, and it allows your SS to reveal themselves if they want (if they didn't in the gift itself).

Reactions: 4 users
If anyone is worried about their packages arriving when they aren’t expected, I just wanted to let you all know that this is a free service from the USPS.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

It tells you about your paper mail each day, as well as packages. In case anyone was interested.

(It doesn’t do FedEx or UPS, but they both offer a similar services that notifies you of incoming packages as soon as they are scanned at the shipping center.)

If anyone is worried about their packages arriving when they aren’t expected, I just wanted to let you all know that this is a free service from the USPS.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

It tells you about your paper mail each day, as well as packages. In case anyone was interested.

(It doesn’t do FedEx or UPS, but they both offer a similar services that notifies you of incoming packages as soon as they are scanned at the shipping center.)
:laugh: someone posted this link on the 2022 applicants page last year because people wanted to be able to see if they had a letter waiting at home for them :rofl:
Though sadly last cycle it wasn’t available everywhere </3 hopefully they have expanded it by now. It was available to me but I didn’t sign up because I think that would just give me far too much anxiety for the rest of the day KNOWING it was there but not being able to open it yet

:laugh: someone posted this link on the 2022 applicants page last year because people wanted to be able to see if they had a letter waiting at home for them :rofl:
Though sadly last cycle it wasn’t available everywhere </3 hopefully they have expanded it by now. It was available to me but I didn’t sign up because I think that would just give me far too much anxiety for the rest of the day KNOWING it was there but not being able to open it yet
I signed up for this when I moved to my new place with the mistaken belief that I would only be told about my own mail coming to the house. Anyway now I can text my roommates every time the water bill comes in haha

My secret Santa gift arrived! :D And I don't even have a tree yet!

I can't open it until Christmas (or Christmas Eve, because that's basically the same thing, right?). I know who it's from but I feel like I should pretend like I don't until I open it, so it's still secret and everything. Does that make sense? I'll post pics at Christmas. But THANKS SANTA!

Reactions: 9 users
Yay!

DVM and I decided to have each other as ‘secret’ Santas since we didn’t participate otherwise, so we just filled out the survey for each other.

Her gifts are still working on shipping, but I got a wonder collection of hot cocoas and a black mug that does this when hot stuff is added:

IMG_1144.JPG

It goes nicely with the “When it gets hot, my wiener comes out.” Mug from WTF last year.

Reactions: 17 users
62FC034A-156B-4766-885B-31C3D777DC1E.jpeg
C5BBF575-02E3-4749-AE7A-3BE247797504.jpeg
BEDE9F6C-BF16-43B1-A659-4291B2BD62D0.jpeg

@Doctor-S went above and beyond with packaging, holy cow. It absolutely made my day to pick up my gift on Friday and see all the wrapped presents inside!!

Eevee will be thrilled with her new toys, and I am pumped about all my socks... day 1 shown in the one pic! :) (also I have definitely already eaten so many of the sweet tarts that my mouth has started bleeding from the sour... whoops)

Thank you!!!!!! <333

(Writing this!!! Makes me feel like @WildZoo!!!!!)

Reactions: 18 users
View attachment 243219View attachment 243218View attachment 243220

@Doctor-S went above and beyond with packaging, holy cow. It absolutely made my day to pick up my gift on Friday and see all the wrapped presents inside!!

Eevee will be thrilled with her new toys, and I am pumped about all my socks... day 1 shown in the one pic! :) (also I have definitely already eaten so many of the sweet tarts that my mouth has started bleeding from the sour... whoops)

Thank you!!!!!! <333

Ohhh! I LOVE the socks! SO CUTE!

View attachment 243219View attachment 243218View attachment 243220

Thank you!!!!!! <333

Oh that’s all so cute!!!!

Dear Secret Santee,

I think of you every day. I know some of what is going to you but not all...

Don't panic, that's my job.

Signed,

Procrastinator Santa

Reactions: 10 users
I got my gift today! Thank you santee my kitty will love it :D

F1E7C575-97FD-45C5-912F-BE34215E9C54.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
to MY santee:

Sorry for taking so long but your gift takes time. I’m making it especially for you. Hopefully it’s worth the wait :smuggrin:

xoxoxoxox
Red

(Also finals next week so, ya)

Y’all have a week left to get things done and ship within deadline! Just FYI. A week from tomorrow. :)
So, my finals run through next Friday and it's unlikely I'll have time to work on gift things until they're over. Could mean I make it just in time, could mean I ship a little late. We shall see I guess.

Y’all have a week left to get things done and ship within deadline! Just FYI. A week from tomorrow. :)
I have about half of my gift, but I'm going shopping this weekend for this exchange plus a few other things so hopefully I have it all together before the deadline

To my Santa,

I didn't forget you :) I saw that your package was delivered!! You were on the ball timewise :p unfortunately, I had it sent to my house which I will get back to once finals are over next week!! I promise I will post then about the amazing thing(s?) you got me!!! Love you (whoever you are!) :love:

Dear santee,

I’m a loser. I’m sorry. I’m hitting the internet tomorrow to find gifts with direct-to-you shipping.

<3 Gwen

Reactions: 2 users