Official Secret Santa Sign-up Thread - December 2018!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dear santee,

I’m a loser. I’m sorry. I’m hitting the internet tomorrow to find gifts with direct-to-you shipping.

<3 Gwen
I had to send mine via Amazon as well. :cryi: I feel bad.

Also, to my Santa, if you’ve sent it, I promise I’m not ungrateful, I just sent the delivery address to my parent’s house and I haven’t been back yet!

Members don't see this ad.

I had to send mine via Amazon as well. :cryi: I feel bad.

Also, to my Santa, if you’ve sent it, I promise I’m not ungrateful, I just sent the delivery address to my parent’s house and I haven’t been back yet!
Ohhhh man I didn't think to do that...

Dear Santee,

While shopping for your gift this evening, I met a woman in the store. She had 16 boxes of Cap'n Crunch in her cart.

I did not ask questions.

Sincerely,
Sporty

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have the opposite issue. I put my school address down when I leave sometime next weekend. Oops

I literally have no idea which address I put down :laugh: but also hadn't solidified my plans of where I was going to be until like...a week ago. So hopefully my Santa has both addresses now and can make a judgment call based on when they ship things.

Me, patiently waiting for my santee to get their present

857FA010-BE0E-409B-A18D-A50B741D7F48.gif

Reactions: 7 users
I got mine yesterday! I'm letting the anticipation build a little before opening it though heh

Trying my best to get mine sent out before deadline! My secret santee may have a few things coming from different directions.

Reactions: 1 user
Are we supposed to sign secret Santa gifts w/ our names or just w “secret Santa” and wait until they get their gift to reveal myself?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we supposed to sign secret Santa gifts w/ our names or just w “secret Santa” and wait until they get their gift to reveal myself?
I like the "reveal" aspect, whether you choose to do that when you send the gift, or after they receive it, but some people prefer to stay secret, and that is ok too.

So, as TT stated, we were each others not so secret santas....

TT got my cat a catnip cactus, which she loves.

I got some cat socks.

And I got a 1,000 piece cat puzzle to chill on my coffee table for many many months in various stages of completion.

Reactions: 4 users
OK SO last week I ordered some bobby pins on amazon and (I thought) I got the package a few days ago and didn’t bother opening it because meh, Bobby pins - not too exciting.

Except I got a package today from amazon and didn’t remember ordering anything else so I opened it and it was my Bobby pins.

SO THEN I opened up my package from a few days ago and it was another toy! I now have two toys for Mr. Mar of his favorite things - feathers and string (with a cute lil mousie on the end) :D thank you so much Santee!!!

1AC4AA14-B28E-4DA9-B93A-08DA0BEE9D74.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
Also to my Santa, I admit I have not worked on your present at all in the last 5 or 6 days, but I am almost done and need to get thru finals then I will do the finishing touches and mail it Friday, so if you haven’t got a present yet pls be patient and sorryyyyy

Psssst it’s a two part gift. The other part is supposed to arrive before Friday! :biglove:
Oh wait...am I tired or confused. Are you saying you’re my Santa? Bc (and I realized I may have worded it poorly) I was saying my Santee hadn’t posted their present yet even tho it said delivered on my end...

DVM got me a multi-pack if cocoa with like 12 flavors and this lovely heat-activated mug that goes well with the one WTF got me last year. I’m having slight deja-vu so maybe I already posted about it? I can’t remember.

IMG_1144.JPG

If you have received your gift, please post about it! People are worried about if their gifts have showed up yet.

Reactions: 5 users
Well this is funny. Your gift also arrived 2 days ago, so I see the mix up. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Well considering where I live experienced a snowpocalypse, either the mail lady somehow managed to deliver it and I haven’t checked the mailbox. Or the mail lady has not made it to me yet. I will check tmrw when it is less cold. Lol sorry to keep you concerned! Also yay to you being my Santa!!! :biglove:

My secret Santee got their stuff last week but I do not see a post about it :thinking:

Secret Santa, My husband checked the mailbox and said I had presents!

Do I open when I get home or save for Christmas to open with the kids?

Secret Santa, My husband checked the mailbox and said I had presents!

Do I open when I get home or save for Christmas to open with the kids?
OPEN THEM NOW I WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU GOT AND IM IMPATIENT
Or you could save them I guess and have something fun to open on Christmas :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Is my Secret Santa ready to reveal theirself orrrrrr....?

I got a box! (yesterday but it took me a day to get the pics to a computer).

...it had wrapped things in it!

ENbuBt8.jpg

Half these sours may now be missing, and I miiiiight be missing skin on my tongue! :laugh:

Pc0anTC.jpg

I have a sloth colouring book. I have a vulgar colouring book. Until this day, I did not have a vulgar sloth colouring book!

WEjv1MU.jpg

It's great! :thumbup:

CaXhvsp.jpg

There were cat treats and a toy in the last package:

G7AeQSg.jpg

(I've never been so self conscious about my floors before).
WsKefYm.jpg

The toy will be loved for longer, but the cats had a strong treat preference for the pics last night. :p

Thank yooouuuuuu KC! :D

Reactions: 14 users
I got a box! (yesterday but it took me a day to get the pics to a computer).

...it had wrapped things in it!

ENbuBt8.jpg

Half these sours may now be missing, and I miiiiight be missing skin on my tongue! :laugh:

Pc0anTC.jpg

I have a sloth colouring book. I have a vulgar colouring book. Until this day, I did not have a vulgar sloth colouring book!

WEjv1MU.jpg

It's great! :thumbup:

CaXhvsp.jpg

There were cat treats and a toy in the last package:

G7AeQSg.jpg

(I've never been so self conscious about my floors before).
WsKefYm.jpg

The toy will be loved for longer, but the cats had a strong treat preference for the pics last night. :p

Thank yooouuuuuu KC! :D
Glad you got it! It's even a 2-toed sloth plushy!!! That was a challenge I wasn't sure I could accomplish, everyone seems to default to 3-toed...

Reactions: 2 users
I am sorry santee.. I am getting your gift soon... trying not to be late... but procrastination and all..

Glad you got it! It's even a 2-toed sloth plushy!!! That was a challenge I wasn't sure I could accomplish, everyone seems to default to 3-toed...
This point was actually INTENSELY discussed with my partner haha, I'm super impressed you found a two toed plush. The vast, vast majority of my paraphernalia is three toed.

The world really does need to discover how superior they are. :p

I couldn’t contain myself and had to open it. My favorite chips, Chamomile tea and fuzzy socks with the Denver Broncos!! Best early present ever!! Thank you @dolphin106258 aka Dolph!!

IMG_5771.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7 users
53F130DE-A326-4A4B-9C29-48F18A8F884A.jpeg
FCC77D84-F299-449A-85C9-3460021AA951.jpeg
9F8629F2-ED56-40DF-9A50-2F9582EDCA1F.jpeg
BCCA1535-DECA-4320-872D-9E4F56902F76.jpeg

The sweary coloring books are all the rage, but let’s be real here. The socks are the BEST part of this :love::love:

Also my cats have hidden away half of the toy springs. I’ll find them when we move :laugh:

Thank you so much Santa (and please forgive me for posting these late because they totally arrived like last week :oops: )

Reactions: 11 users
This point was actually INTENSELY discussed with my partner haha, I'm super impressed you found a two toed plush. The vast, vast majority of my paraphernalia is three toed.

The world really does need to discover how superior they are. :p

But but 2 fingered sloths will bite you like the nasty, grumpy buggers they usually are. 3 fingered are soft little angels of sunshine

And I will never not refer to them as fingered sloth types because they all have 3 toes and this is like my biggest pet peeve in all of life and I think we need to overthrow the nomenclature patriarchy about this

But but 2 fingered sloths will bite you like the nasty, grumpy buggers they usually are. 3 fingered are soft little angels of sunshine

And I will never not refer to them as fingered sloth types because they all have 3 toes and this is like my biggest pet peeve in all of life and I think we need to overthrow the nomenclature patriarchy about this
Fingered is by far the better nomenclature, so agreed.

Strongly disagree on preference though. See:WW game. ;)

Fingered is by far the better nomenclature, so agreed.

Strongly disagree on preference though. See:WW game. ;)

I see your evidence, and raise you one research project with young SAR:

285026_10150266181156604_7891364_n.jpg

292641_10150266182701604_2000130_n.jpg

Conclusions: tiny baby 2-fingers are adorable and sweet but then they grow up and try to murder you while you take behavioural measurements. 3 toed sloths just want to cling and cuddle all day and have not a grumpy bone in their weirdly leggy bodies

Reactions: 6 users
I see your evidence, and raise you one research project with young SAR:

Conclusions: tiny baby 2-fingers are adorable and sweet but then they grow up and try to murder you while you take behavioural measurements. 3 toed sloths just want to cling and cuddle all day and have not a grumpy bone in their weirdly leggy bodies
(the two toed sloth I worked with was legit a TOTAL dick but I loved him anyway).

(I might just be a bit of a masochist with creatures that want to kill me tbh).

my wife just saw my secret Santa purchases on Amazon, and called to tell me we needed to cancel one of the credit cards because somebody had hacked into our account to order animal toys and send them to another state

Reactions: 15 users
Yay!! I got my secret santa!! :D Thanks @WeimMama !!!

92HMdLqoSqWC30aC1By6NQ.jpg
OuIUD2heTtKBKs1FnItOVA.jpg

I love love love that peli mug!! My roommate freaked out when I showed her too haha. And super excited to drink hot cocoa out of it! (You can also see where Ricky has destroyed our coffee table :p )

ePsZ+eTrTjGrIdnFycWGmg.jpg

Also, Lucy is going to LOVE her new toy! (It'll take her a day or so to stop being wary of it, but once that happens it WILL be destroyed very quickly and with much aggression--Ricky is still beyond terrified of it, and will be for quite some time :laugh: ) ALSO the box you sent it in is perfect Lucy hidey-spot size so she made herself at home in there right away!

Lvksw1Q3RE6iuFQd8Ne%YA.jpg

^^Here is ricky running away ASAP from the scary scary new toy

Also, it was perfect timing because I was planning on replacing Lucy's cardboard abode and decimated toy remains today:

GBcp2+eeSdSdHrr63m77tQ.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
I couldn’t contain myself and had to open it. My favorite chips, Chamomile tea and fuzzy socks with the Denver Broncos!! Best early present ever!! Thank you @dolphin106258 aka Dolph!!

View attachment 244101

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m glad you like everything! I was worried about buying a type of tea bc I don’t do tea and therefore feared I would pick the worst option. But I also thought it was funny bc you were my Santa, for the summer one! So it was fun to get you presents this time around :)

Last edited:
To my Santee, your gift is en route.

Random fact: my lunch total was $12.25 today.