Official Secret Santa Sign-up Thread - December 2018!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm so glad to see more people sharing pictures of their gifts here!

I blanketed people with reminders about the deadline. If you had already shipped a gift, feel free to tell me to mind my business - just trying to make sure everyone gets a friendly reminder.

And be sure to post when you get your gift, even if you decide to wait to open it! Don't leave y our Santa in suspense.

Members don't see this ad.

Yay!! I got my secret santa!! :D Thanks @WeimMama !!!

View attachment 244147 View attachment 244148
I love love love that peli mug!! My roommate freaked out when I showed her too haha. And super excited to drink hot cocoa out of it! (You can also see where Ricky has destroyed our coffee table :p )

View attachment 244151
Also, Lucy is going to LOVE her new toy! (It'll take her a day or so to stop being wary of it, but once that happens it WILL be destroyed very quickly and with much aggression--Ricky is still beyond terrified of it, and will be for quite some time ) ALSO the box you sent it in is perfect Lucy hidey-spot size so she made herself at home in there right away!

View attachment 244150

^^Here is ricky running away ASAP from the scary scary new toy

Also, it was perfect timing because I was planning on replacing Lucy's cardboard abode and decimated toy remains today:

Yaaaay! I’m glad you guys are liking all the things! You were a fun challenge because I don’t have that much experience with birbs other that chickens :laugh: but yeah I struggled to send you the mug because it’s freakin cute. I’m fixing to order myself one with a chicken or a weim in it LOL. Hopefully Ricky and Lucy get to murdering their toy real soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you Santa!

I gave in and opened my presents:
20181213_073755.jpg

Cheese crisps, dark chocolate peanut m&ms, and a wonderful goat shirt!

I wore the shirt today and my mother in law commented "Where did you find someone who knew you that well?" Good job!

Thank you, Santa!

(I have children, ignore the crumbs on the table. My world is only ever clean at work, and even there, it is crawling with mice.)

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, and Santa addressed my stuff to "Lady of the Farm." Again, thank you for giving me a chuckle.

Reactions: 3 users
Apologies to my secret Santa...I know my gift arrived last week but it went to my family home so I won’t see it til tomorrow probs

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you Santa, whomever you are! I may have audibly squealed over the penguin socks! I love penguins and I love fun socks!! The orchid travel mug is so pretty and of course I love the nail plate!

I also loved that each gift came addressed to a different name (Skimble, skilary, jilary) :laugh:

9EA33CD0-2B48-4C4A-BA2F-1A6746E81FD5.jpeg

F208D231-0F99-4BFA-B3D2-2A526958BC7B.jpeg

Reactions: 12 users
Apologies to my secret Santa...I know my gift arrived last week but it went to my family home so I won’t see it til tomorrow probs
I'm in the same boat, won't be able to check until Wednesday at the earliest (but probably actually Thursday since my flight gets in late). My stepdad keeps texting me like "You keep getting packages...?" :laugh: This is what happens when I am in a ton of secret santas and also Christmas shop online a lot.

Also my cats have hidden away half of the toy springs. I’ll find them when we move
:love:
FYI Lottie loves to hide her under the couch, fridge, and stove. Watching me retrieve them is her second favorite game behind chasing those things around

Reactions: 1 users
You were a fun challenge because I don’t have that much experience with birbs other than chickens

What would you even get chickens. We use Cobb for our research and all the want is to eat or watch me fill up water. I know that the cobbs are a little less intelligent than the typical bird..:laugh:

What would you even get chickens. We use Cobb for our research and all the want is to eat or watch me fill up water. I know that the cobbs are a little less intelligent than the typical bird..
OMG SO MANY THINGS. For one they pretty much eat anything. They will peck at anything that moves or is shiny. Little treat puzzles and stuff like that. But I've always wanted to mold some feed, seed, or grit into cute shapes like a bath bomb so probably that. But also just things with chickens on them because chicken people love their chickens. Also, I love chickens if that somehow doesn't come across here :laugh:

Reactions: 5 users
OMG SO MANY THINGS. For one they pretty much eat anything. They will peck at anything that moves or is shiny. Little treat puzzles and stuff like that. But I've always wanted to mold some feed, seed, or grit into cute shapes like a bath bomb so probably that. But also just things with chickens on them because chicken people love their chickens. Also, I love chickens if that somehow doesn't come across here :laugh:
Hahah. We only take our birds to 21 days so I guess they don’t develop much of a personality that young. I also try to avoid making a connection with them because then I would be a wreck at the end of the trial.

Raising birds would be fun though. Shouldn’t until I’m done with school though because of the BSL2 pathogens

Hahah. We only take our birds to 21 days so I guess they don’t develop much of a personality that young. I also try to avoid making a connection with them because then I would be a wreck at the end of the trial.

Raising birds would be fun though. Shouldn’t until I’m done with school though because of the BSL2 pathogens
Get some chickens will be my first line of business once I live in a non-neighborhood area.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat, won't be able to check until Wednesday at the earliest (but probably actually Thursday since my flight gets in late). My stepdad keeps texting me like "You keep getting packages...?" :laugh: This is what happens when I am in a ton of secret santas and also Christmas shop online a lot.
"One of these packages is from a person...?!"

Reactions: 4 users
@RedLauren welp your last gift has been lost in the mail but the sellers are shipping a new package to your later address since you will be gone from the first one if USPS ever finds the package! Was going to stay hidden until you received it but oh well :p:p:p

@RedLauren welp your last gift has been lost in the mail but the sellers are shipping a new package to your later address since you will be gone from the first one if USPS ever finds the package! Was going to stay hidden until you received it but oh well :p:p:p
Aww that’s so sweet of you! Thank you Santa!! Can’t wait to see what it is!

I will send a few more updates today, but I’m on my way to Disney World, so...

@DVMDream will make sure any last minute messages make it where they need to (and is in charge of publicly shaming anyone that flakes - though I think you guys are all fine). :)

Reactions: 3 users
I will send a few more updates today, but I’m on my way to Disney World, so...

@DVMDream will make sure any last minute messages make it where they need to (and is in charge of publicly shaming anyone that flakes - though I think you guys are all fine). :)

I'm not going to be able to publicly shame anyone until Saturday, but will make sure it gets done.

Thank you Santa, whomever you are! I may have audibly squealed over the penguin socks! I love penguins and I love fun socks!! The orchid travel mug is so pretty and of course I love the nail plate!

I also loved that each gift came addressed to a different name (Skimble, skilary, jilary) :laugh:

View attachment 244276
View attachment 244277

So glad you like everything! I didn't know if you liked penguins or not, but I'm glad you do! I thought they were cute!!! There is a card revealing me, but I can't wait!

So glad you like everything! I didn't know if you liked penguins or not, but I'm glad you do! I thought they were cute!!! There is a card revealing me, but I can't wait!
Not gonna lie, I would seriously judge anyone who didn’t like penguins. :penguin: They are insanely cute. I’m wearing one pair of the socks right now!

I love everything! Thank you so much! You really brightened my day.

e7SmTH0.jpg

76K3ZGf.jpg

Apologies these are so huge, I'm running late to the airport so I didn't have time to resize.

Thank you so much SAR for these lovely gifts! I'm sure the dogs will love destroying all the tentacles in the quickest way possible.

Reactions: 10 users
@dolphin106258 did the first part of the present finally arrive? I just want to make sure the package didn’t get stolen!
Oh my gosh yes it did! When you said to expect something Friday I wanted to wait to post it all together but I never got anything Friday.

6BB6766F-85FC-46B7-AFE2-72E201B4C89D.jpeg

So yes I got these fabulous candles from @cdoconn (I hope at least it didn’t say in the box lol). I saw the scents and I was unsure what they’d actually smell like but the lemon one smells like cookies and it is wonderful. Lol

*smiles painfully* that’s the USPS’s fault. They say by Thursday now. :cryi:
Lol that’s okay my mom ordered my sister a Big Wheels thing on the 8th and it was supposed to be here today. And fed ex said they have no idea when it will get here or even if by Christmas. So I feel your pain.

View attachment 244431

So yes I got these fabulous candles from @cdoconn (I hope at least it didn’t say in the box lol). I saw the scents and I was unsure what they’d actually smell like but the lemon one smells like cookies and it is wonderful. Lol
Funny thing, I didn’t order the Mountain Snow one! So they must’ve thrown it in as a sample! I’m glad it smells wonderful! I was debating between that one or Dark Magic which was Eukalyptus and Mint, but I didn’t have room in the budget for both. So I went with your house! :love:

Funny thing, I didn’t order the Mountain Snow one! So they must’ve thrown it in as a sample! I’m glad it smells wonderful! I was debating between that one or Dark Magic which was Eukalyptus and Mint, but I didn’t have room in the budget for both. So I went with your house! :love:
Aha thank you for that! I wondered what part was my house themed. But this definitely fits into Hufflepuff smell wise as well as color :)

To whomever my secret santa was, i know my gift was supposed to arrive today, but i'm away from school on holiday and won't be back until january 2nd. i'll make sure to thank u forever and ever for whatever you give me and i'm sure i will love it endlessly!!!!

ALSO who i was secret santa for: i can't stop looking at baby clothes now even though i'm only 21 (now my parents think i'm CRAZY and pregnant)

To whomever my secret santa was, i know my gift was supposed to arrive today, but i'm away from school on holiday and won't be back until january 2nd. i'll make sure to thank u forever and ever for whatever you give me and i'm sure i will love it endlessly!!!!

ALSO who i was secret santa for: i can't stop looking at baby clothes now even though i'm only 21 (now my parents think i'm CRAZY and pregnant)
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

Thanks for letting me know. Also, sorry to early reveal myself haha.
Quick question—the UPS tracking just says “left at front door”... if it’s actually just sitting outside by your door, is there anyone who could bring it inside? Like a neighbor, or a friend who’s still in town and can swing by? There’s some glass and ceramic and treats that won’t hold up well against prolonged weather and/or freezing. I’d also hate for it to get swiped sitting unattended on a porch :p (not sure if that’s a concern where you are, but I’m in LA so it’s always a concern here haha).

Last edited:
THANK YOU SO MUCH @capri1722!! I love everything. Mint hot chocolate is my favorite and the shark scarf/wrap is everything. Can’t wait to try out my new mug and the postcards are beautiful. Ahhhhh!!!! And the socks!!!!
IMG_4321.JPG

Reactions: 8 users
My gift arrived! Thank you @muttmanager!
When I first opened the box, Winston was just sure that there was something for him.
IMG_0648.jpg

He was right! It's a stuffed log toy that has three chipmunks to hide inside the log and pull out. He loves this kind of toy. I tried to get a good photo of him with his nose in the holes, but he was too excited to play to sit still very long.
IMG_0664.jpg

I got a great crochet pattern book and a beautiful skein of deep royal blue Merino wool. This is by far the nicest I've worked with (I'm cheap!) and I can't wait to make myself something. Maybe a hat...
IMG_0653.jpg

Thanks again! Also your handwriting is beautiful. :)

Reactions: 11 users
My gift arrived! Thank you @muttmanager!
When I first opened the box, Winston was just sure that there was something for him.
View attachment 244486

He was right! It's a stuffed log toy that has three chipmunks to hide inside the log and pull out. He loves this kind of toy. I tried to get a good photo of him with his nose in the holes, but he was too excited to play to sit still very long.
View attachment 244487

I got a great crochet pattern book and a beautiful skein of deep royal blue Merino wool. This is by far the nicest I've worked with (I'm cheap!) and I can't wait to make myself something. Maybe a hat...
View attachment 244488

Thanks again! Also your handwriting is beautiful. :)
Yay!! I'm glad you & Winston love them! I convinced myself you had the book already lol
The lady at the knitting store threw the bag in free too.

Yay!! I'm glad you & Winston love them! I convinced myself you had the book already lol
The lady at the knitting store threw the bag in free too.
Haha, definitely don't have the book. I actually don't have any crochet books. I've only been doing it for a little under a year and have relied on the internet so far. I am having fun flipping through the book...I had to make myself put it down tonight to work on things related to my residency.

Haha, definitely don't have the book. I actually don't have any crochet books. I've only been doing it for a little under a year and have relied on the internet so far. I am having fun flipping through the book...I had to make myself put it down tonight to work on things related to my residency.
Thanks for the hand writing compliment too! Im working on mastering brush lettering and almost took up crochet looking through that book lol

I consider my self a serial hobbiest - where I jump from one hobby to another long before mastering the first one

Reactions: 5 users
the gift I got for my santee is ridiculously lame compared to all these, I only got one thing and nothing for their pet :(

Thanks for letting me know. Also, sorry to early reveal myself haha.
Quick question—the UPS tracking just says “left at front door”... if it’s actually just sitting outside by your door, is there anyone who could bring it inside? Like a neighbor, or a friend who’s still in town and can swing by? There’s some glass and ceramic and treats that won’t hold up well against prolonged weather and/or freezing. I’d also hate for it to get swiped sitting unattended on a porch :p (not sure if that’s a concern where you are, but I’m in LA so it’s always a concern here haha).
Of course!! my housemates already brought it in :) they're just as excited as I am to open it!!