Official September 4th, 2009 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrthoErik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Just surprised the thread hasn't been made yet!

Just opening it opening it up for us to share comments, support, tips and prayers for each other! I just want to share this extended journey...we officially have 1 month and 15 days.

I took the 5/2 MCAT and am re-taking on September 4th. I'm determined!

Welcome all! :)

Members don't see this ad.

yo yo good luck to you too

do you have any suggestions for realistic practice besides the aamc tests

Hey! Thanks for posting. Hopefully we can get some more of our fellow September 4th testers in here.

As far as realistic practice, you're dead on...the AAMC 3-10 CBT exams are as realistic as you get. If you are going to spend money on realistic practice, it is at the AAMC website on all those practice exams. I am over half way done with my content review and I just started taking my practice exams this past weekend. Keep in mind I took the May 2nd exam, and took 6 of these AAMC practice exams prior to May 2nd. I would suggest taking them under strict timed conditions on the day you take the exam. So I take a timed practice exam at 2:00PM every Saturday in a closed space, getting the feel for taking an exam from 2-7PM, just so its uber realistic.

I use Examkrackers (EK) materials for my test prep because all their stuff is in color (it does count, I swear! When you are staring at the book for 10 hours a day) it is condensed, concise, and tells you exactly what you need to know for the actual MCAT. I used Kaplan the last time around and I still have my books from the class (About the only thing I think was worth the $ :laugh:) for reference when EK doesn't explain it thoroughly enough or I need another perspective.

For realistic verbal practice, EK 101 Passages was great. Very realistic questions and passages.

Hope this helped! Keep working towards that day. It determines the rest of our lives!

Anyone else have input on this question?

Last edited:
Dogggg, I made one already and someone else made one a few days ago. Good luck to everyone though.