• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
May 13, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi! It seems like most of this forum is pretty quiet as of late. I'm hoping there are at least some people out there who are still browsing this rather "sleepy" forum. Anyone applying this year? Any helpful tips/recommendations about programs would be awesome.

Reactions: pccm2021

resident1985

5+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field], Attending Physician
I’m applying this year. A little nervous about the job market though.

Jul 8, 2020
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Sleep has a struggling job market with COVID and even prior to COVID. I am applying only cause I like sleep, not worried about pay or job prospect. When does the sleep application review and interview invite begins? Timeline says program won't receive application until Aug 12. Is that True for sleep also?

About the Ads

resident1985

5+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2014
Status
Sleep has a struggling job market with COVID and even prior to COVID. I am applying only cause I like sleep, not worried about pay or job prospect. When does the sleep application review and interview invite begins? Timeline says program won't receive application until Aug 12. Is that True for sleep also?
Do you plan on practicing sleep or just want the training?

May 13, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It is the same for sleep. You can work on applications and even submit but programs won't start to review until Aug 12 (even if you submit prior to that date, applications will be time-stamped "Aug 12" when released).

I'm also a little nervous about job aspects but my original plan regardless was to maybe do half general peds (I'm a pediatric resident) and half sleep medicine (peds-focused if possible).

resident1985

5+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2014
Status
There’s quite a few job postings online right now

May 13, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Preparing my list of programs at this time. Any one know how the Baylor Program in Houston, Texas is now? There was a comment on here some years ago that was bashing on the program and how fellows are overworked, etc.

Jul 8, 2020
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
It would have been better if I would have waited little longer. I had non busy rotation last week so I went ahead and already applied.

Jul 8, 2020
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
The group has been remarkably silent. I am hoping to start hearing for interviews by the third week of this month.

Aug 10, 2020
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It is the same for sleep. You can work on applications and even submit but programs won't start to review until Aug 12 (even if you submit prior to that date, applications will be time-stamped "Aug 12" when released).

I'm also a little nervous about job aspects but my original plan regardless was to maybe do half general peds (I'm a pediatric resident) and half sleep medicine (peds-focused if possible).
Hello. I'm a Peds resident too and applying this year. I recently spoke to one of the alumni at my program (She is now doing full time Peds Sleep, no adults), She said coming from Peds has its perks as most adult trained docs do no want to see kids so they'll always want a Peds Sleep person. I think in a year from now there should be more job openings.

Jul 8, 2020
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Lets start compiling a list once we start receiving interviews. Hope we hear something by the end of this week. When would be match day for sleep fellowship? Is it the same as last year or things have changed because of COVID?

About the Ads