OFFICIAL SUNY Stony Brook Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clocks

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda shocked nobody has started this thread yet!

The more I read about SB, the more excited I am about the school. I'm sure there are other SDNers who have been accepted.

I was really impressed at the interview and could definitely see myself there next year (unless I'm really floored at my remaining interviews).

Members don't see this ad.

I am still waiting to hear back from my interview. But I have a pretty good feeling b/c my interview went pretty well.

BTW, how long after your interview did you find out about your acceptance?

Even if I do get accepted at Stony, I'd still have to decide between that and Buffalo.

gluon999 said:
I am still waiting to hear back from my interview. But I have a pretty good feeling b/c my interview went pretty well.

BTW, how long after your interview did you find out about your acceptance?

Even if I do get accepted at Stony, I'd still have to decide between that and Buffalo.

I interviewed on 9/15, heard back on 10/17ish I think (roughly a month).

Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted. I'm hoping after I send in more letters I can join you next fall. Cheers!

Congrats and good luck guys!

I just finished finals for my first semester courses (anatomy AND biochemistry!!!), and I love that I'm at the SB. Lemme know if I can answer any questions for y'all.

dc

i interviewed w/ the "notorious" one mid november. it actually went really well and now w/ downstate acceptance, i'm not sure which one i would chose if i get into both. hoping to hear from them next week or early jan. not complaining at all.

any of you guys gotta make that kind of decision?

radioh3ad said:
i interviewed w/ the "notorious" one mid november. it actually went really well and now w/ downstate acceptance, i'm not sure which one i would chose if i get into both. hoping to hear from them next week or early jan. not complaining at all.

any of you guys gotta make that kind of decision?

I know what you are talking about. I am already in at Buffalo, my SB interview went really well and the guy pretty much said I am a strong candidate and will do fine, so I am expecting an acceptance from them. And Igot a Downstate interview invite too last week for end of January. But I guess that is probably for the waitlist.

In any case, it is going to be a tough choice in a few months.

when i say notorious i mean the interviewer who is supposedly the worst ever cuz of his insane comments and outright disregard for being PC. it was one of the best conversations i've ever had with a professor.

R-

You mean Schechter? You get him (in all of his un-PCness) for Biochem during first semester. The guy's great, and really care about students. He's particularly more tolerable if you are not a huge GW Bush supporter. He told me he interviewed about 40% of the class that make up the first year student body.

Here's a tip: make sure you have some sort of passion. I asked him about how he "decides" on students. He said he cannot remember recommending a student for acceptance that says "I just like to hang out with my friends" when asked about extracurricular activities. He wants to see that you can be passionate about something. If you get in, you owe me.

Good luck to all.

dc

well i said i love music and playing guitar. we talked like friends. laughed about stuff. i think it went well.

My interview was laid back- I guess I got lucky.

By the way, I've been reading lots of your posts bout SB recently bigdan. It's making me even more excited ;)

Holla at your boy if you need any questions answered.

Medical school isn't gonna be easy, I don't care where you go. So you might as well like your classmates, faculty, hospital, and surroundings. I am just smitten with the place. Good luck to all.

dc