Official TMDSAS Thread 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Traditionally there's a thread made for the TX dental schools, but it doesn't look like one was made this year. TMDSAS opened up a while ago but use this thread for TMDSAS questions or updates about any of the FOUR TX dental schools ;)

Last year's thread: *~*~*TMDSAS 2020*~*~*

Use the following format to keep things organized:

Interview/Acceptance/Rejection #_ (pick 1 of 3 and add your number)
School: Name
Notification date: Date
Method of notification: Portal or Email or Call
Residency: State
TMDSAS mail-out date: Date your app was verified
Application complete date: Date the school said your file was complete
GPA (science, overall): x.xx, x.xx
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): Scores if you want to post
Dates available OR your interview date: Post if you want to!
Method of interview: Virtual or In-person?

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Was wondering if anyone got an interview invite in TX yet. Also, when is the bulk of invites usually sent? I know COVID might be a factor this year but it is good to know when to start sweating

At least one person on SDN got a TAMCOD interview invite this past Friday. I think you can see their reply under the TAMCOD 2020-2021 interview/acceptance thread. Haven't heard of any other invites though. I attended UTSD's virtual mock interview, and they said they'll start having interviews some time in September. UTHSCSA said in an email that they will start having interviews early September, and will be sending out invites 2-3 weeks in advance. Tech's new school has been completely silent though.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know how I missed that one person getting an interview invite at A&M. still though, we're almost mid august and only one saying he/she got an interview isn't that great. A&M said in their email they send out interviews 2-3 weeks before expected interview day. SA said they start interviews late August which means interviews should be sent out by now.

Don't know how I missed that one person getting an interview invite at A&M. still though, we're almost mid august and only one saying he/she got an interview isn't that great. A&M said in their email they send out interviews 2-3 weeks before expected interview day. SA said they start interviews late August which means interviews should be sent out by now.

E2A1F1B7-EAD9-448D-B2EE-1A67A05DEC42.jpeg

You may already have this information, but just in case you don’t...here it is. This was sent in early June by the admissions committee at Texas A&M.

View attachment 315710

You may already have this information, but just in case you don’t...here it is. This was sent in early June by the admissions committee at Texas A&M.
I did not receive this information from A&M. Application sent by TMDSAS on July 13 and received notice of receipt from A&M on July 15, I must've missed the window this email was sent.

I did not receive this information from A&M. Application sent by TMDSAS on July 13 and received notice of receipt from A&M on July 15, I must've missed the window this email was sent.

My pardons, to clarify, this wasn’t sent to applicants but rather those enrolled in a program hosted by Texas A&M a couple of months ago.

My pardons, to clarify, this wasn’t sent to applicants but rather those enrolled in a program hosted by Texas A&M a couple of months ago.
in any case, thank you for sharing this information, has more than the actual info sent with the receipt email.

Interview # 1
School:
Texas A&M University College of Dentistry
Notification date: 08/14
Method of notification: Email (check spam folder!)
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 05/24
Application complete date: 6/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25, 25, 21, 26, none
Interview dates: 9/5 - 9/11 (week-long series of 3 interviews + a separate Q&A with D4s)
Method of interview:
Virtual

Interview # 1
School:
Texas A&M University College of Dentistry
Notification date: 08/14
Method of notification: Email (check spam folder!)
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 05/24
Application complete date: 6/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25, 25, 21, 26, none
Interview dates: 9/5 - 9/11 (week-long series of 3 interviews + a separate Q&A with D4s)
Method of interview:
Virtual

If one of your interviews is with Dr. Clemetson, the key is to make him laugh—he himself is quite the character (in a good way, of course).

Reactions: 1 user
If one of your interviews is with Dr. Clemetson, the key is to make him laugh—he himself is quite the character (in a good way, of course).
Thanks for the advice! I'll keep that in mind for sure. I know I'm interviewing with Dr. Barbara Miller (dean of admissions), but I don't know who the other two faculty members will be.

congrats! may I ask to which other tx dental schools have u applied? and also have u heard back from any of them?

congrats! may I ask to which other tx dental schools have u applied? and also have u heard back from any of them?
I'm assuming you're replying to me. I've applied to all the Texas schools, but haven't heard anything else yet. As far as I know, no others have sent interviews out yet.

Do you think an 18 on the Biology section of the DAT will lower my chances of admission?
sGPA: 3.92
cGPA: 3.92
AA: 23
TS: 21

Anyone have any Texas news? This thread has been dead for months