**OFFICIAL** U of Washington Acceptances Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tipukhan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:clap:
I just wanted to get a List going for Udub acceptances. I figure this way at least, I can find roomates for next year since I'm coming from Cali and don't know anyone in Seattle +pity+ .
So let's see who all is rollin to Seattle! By the way, I'm coming up to Seattle Spring break (end of march) to find a place to live for next fall, so if anyone is interested or knows Seattle, hit me up.
Good Luck Yall

Members don't see this ad.

Right here. I don't know many people who have been accepted.

proud to say i'll be at UDUB this fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you two know where you're going to live? :hardy:

i already live in a house with a few of my buddies and my girlfriend. doesn't look like i'll be moving.

Any advice on areas close to campus that I can find to live? I'm looking for a house because I've got a punching bag and wrestling mats I've got to put down to use, so a house with a garage would be nice. How would I go about finding housing? IS there a ceratin 'district' I should look into? Thanks for your input!

Originally posted by tipukhan
Any advice on areas close to campus that I can find to live? I'm looking for a house because I've got a punching bag and wrestling mats I've got to put down to use, so a house with a garage would be nice. How would I go about finding housing? IS there a ceratin 'district' I should look into? Thanks for your input!

Lake City and Bothell are both reasonably priced. Both have good bus connections to UW. Then again, I think every major residential area has good bus connections to UW. Queen Anne, Capitol Hill and Magnolia are really nice places but also really expensive but hey, 2000USD+ per month in Magnolia gives you an excellent view of the Puget sound! I'm sure there's reasonable housing in the U-district too but I hear it's high demand and thus hard to strike a good balance between quality and price.

thanks for the input. Looks like I'm going to have to find something in u-district since it'll keep me close to campus. Anyone looking to room, let me know..
peace.

Hi,
Here's UW's webpage for off-campus housing. There should be links about neighborhoods and such, as well as actual listings so you can get an idea of price.

http://depts.washington.edu/asuwsha/

good luck!

Greenlake is a great area for a house like you're looking for. A number of my friends had or still have houses in that area, and every one of them has been very happy with it. There's lots to do, being around the park, and there are a bunch a cool resturants, and coffee shops. Wallingford is also a nice area, but I'm not sure about the housing costs. Dave Matthews lives there though, so that's kind of cool.

Check out Craigslist as well:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/

I concur with what most of you have said. The easiest accessible neighborhoods to UW would be U District, Greenlake, Capitol Hill, Wallingford, and Eastlake.

If you're coming in March to find housing for September, that may be a little difficult, especially if you're looking for a house situation opposed to an apartment.

Good luck! I guess we'll be seeing each other this coming fall, assuming we don't get WWAMI'd!

Cool, well, thanks for everone's input. I guess I'll figure it out come this March. If you know students looking for housing, let me know. Hope to see you guys (and girls) soon...

So I wanted to add myself to the list too. It is cool to "talk" with your future class mates. Any of you get WAMI'ed, ? Any of you not from the NW? Congrats to all of you as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats breski! Ok, stupid question of the day, what's WAMI'ed? Is that if the WAMI students are sent to WSU instead of UW? Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out housing, thanks to all who have posted, I've got some good leads.
Peace.
Tipu

I just got my place in the class, but i'm scared to attend. I get the feeling that at washU ill be in a never ending rat race. I want out of the rat race, so i might just go to a lower ranked school. Should i be scared?? Is washU a gunner haven??? thoughts...

Wash U is a different place than U. of Washington. The former is in the midwest; the latter is in the northwest.

I'm accepted, but Alaska WWAMI, so I'm no help with housing issues.

Congrats back at ya tipukhan,

to answer, WWAMI's are students from neighboring states who attend UW as instate students, but spend MS1 in their respective home states. (Wash, Wyo, Alaska, Montana, Idaho). Also I think like 20 students from Wash go to WSU for MS1. So as a WAMI, I suspect I won't be much help with housing issues--I'll be in Bozeman next year.: +pity+

Hello All,
Yay for UW class of 2008....I couldn't be more excited myself. I've chosen to go to the Pullman site for the first year though...if any of you have questions about that, feel free. :)
jenuine

hey jenuine,

looks like we'll be wwamimates. just found out today that i was chosen in the first lottery. i'm about half excited but half numb. definately not bumbed out. if my girlfriend ends up going to wazzu for pharmacy school, i was going to volunteer to go anyway. i love the palouse so it'll be really nice to have the change in pace from living here in seattle.

have you thought much about housing? i have a dog so i'll have an interesting time with my search.

You love the Palouse? What's wrong with you? No offense really.

Ahh come on now MDFORME, you know that Bozeman is probably tougher than WAZU. It is so damn cold and windy there six months a year....plus I am from Missoula, how ever will I be a bobcat???!!! Ahghh. )

(just kidding really):D

NO way! I have lived in Bozeman and the Palouse, and I'd take Bozo ANY day.

Missoula is pretty nice though too- Bozeman has a lot more sun. Congrats on the acceptance!

Hopefully I can meet you in Bozeman!

potuhusky:
you too?? couldn't have said it better...numb.
i can't believe it. honestly, i'm not too sure how to feel. i see the benefits of a small class...but what else? i've never been out to WSU so i have no idea what its like out there. i've read a little of the booklet they sent in the acceptance packet...if you have any personal opinions/info about the area they'd be much appreciated. it would be awesome if your gf got in to the pharm program...it sucks thinking about doing a long distance thing with my bf and kitty. :(

MDFORME, you have to get in...because anyone who can survive both the Palouse and Bozo is one tough cookie...and would make a great DR.

Best of Luck.:clap:

I'm early on the waitlist, so perhaps UW thinks so too....

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

so i went to pullman yesterday for visitation day. it was really great! i met 3 of my future wwamimates and the current ms1's were really fun. they are really down to earth... but the best thing i learned is that the program itself is really down to earth.

we spent the whole day with the class 9-4. sat thru lectures and
lab. they even took us out to lunch. i expected the experience to kinda scare me, with the work load and all. but i actually feel like it is very doable. difficult, yet not impossible. you just have to give yourself realistic expectations.

all that you really need is there in pullman and moscow so no qualms about the move. they have a walmart! what more do you need? i am really excited to get started. talk about adding fuel to the fire.

if you are still going back and forth about volunteering for pullman, i quote ben stiller as detective dave starsky, "Do it. Do it." academically, its a no brainer. not a single person there regrets the experience and many wish they could stay there for their 2nd year.

side note: i left seattle for pullman at 3am nonstop. drove back to seattle nonstop by about 10pm. nothing except a 1 hr nap during the 48 hrs i was up. talk about conditioning for clinicals.

Hi-

I just wanted to pipe in: I'll be at UWSOM in the fall too. I'm a non-traditional student. I did my postbac at the U, and I've lived in Seattle for a few years. If anybody has questions ... just lemme know.

:)

I'm AK WWAMI. Coming down from FBX. Used to live in the Bozone though. Wouldn't mind study breaks on the ridge at Bridger. The Chugach will be fine though. Look forward to meeting most of you another year down the road in Seattle.

are any of you participating in the summer prematriculation program? i just got my acceptance letter from the office of multicultural affairs.

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has any advice on what cell phone service would be best on campus and surrounding areas there in Seattle (I'll be down the hall at dental school).

Anyway any input on what gets the best reception etc. would be appreciated. Sprint, AT&T, verizon?

Thanks

bees

I've had sprint for more than 5 years now and according to myself and everyone else i know who has sprint in the puget sound area, the signal and clarity is great. at&t is suppose to be the worse. i try to avoid calling my friends who have at&t. not to sure about the other carriers. sprint does seem to dominate here.

bees said:
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has any advice on what cell phone service would be best on campus and surrounding areas there in Seattle (I'll be down the hall at dental school).

Anyway any input on what gets the best reception etc. would be appreciated. Sprint, AT&T, verizon?

Thanks

bees

I'll weigh in on the cell phone thing. I've been doing a bit of soul-searching about that recently. I've had Sprint since I moved to Seattle in 1999, and it's great. Except when I'm on campus.

I get terrible, terrible service there, especially around south campus (where the Health Sciences Building is). Maybe it's just my phone, I'm not sure, but ... I think we'll be switching carriers before school starts.

Anyone else have similar experience?

potuhusky said:
I've had sprint for more than 5 years now and according to myself and everyone else i know who has sprint in the puget sound area, the signal and clarity is great. at&t is suppose to be the worse. i try to avoid calling my friends who have at&t. not to sure about the other carriers. sprint does seem to dominate here.

I have Cingular, and it's not that great. I hear Verizon is pretty good.

Potuhusky:
I'm so jealous! I applied, but haven't heard anything yet. I keep hoping to get something, but I suppose that if they have already sent out acceptances to the program, that maybe I'm not accepted. Oh well, they promised to let us know by the end of the month. I would love to do it. It's been so long since I've been in school and I really think the program would help ease me back into the routine.

are any of you participating in the summer prematriculation program? i just got my acceptance letter from the office of multicultural affairs.

gick said:
Potuhusky:
I'm so jealous! I applied, but haven't heard anything yet. I keep hoping to get something, but I suppose that if they have already sent out acceptances to the program, that maybe I'm not accepted. Oh well, they promised to let us know by the end of the month. I would love to do it. It's been so long since I've been in school and I really think the program would help ease me back into the routine.

i really hope that you do get in! i applied pretty early so maybe that's why i got the early news. i think they mentioned that final decisions go out early may. here's your official good luck charm :luck:!

I would love to hear some follow-up about the premat program when it starts. I almost applied -- I'm an undergrad fine arts major and a non-traditional student -- but ended up not doing it. Would you drop a line some time with thoughts on how you like it?

:) Thanks.

potuhusky said:
i really hope that you do get in! i applied pretty early so maybe that's why i got the early news. i think they mentioned that final decisions go out early may. here's your official good luck charm :luck:!

thanks, potuhusky. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I hope I find out soon, though, because I'm really wanting to make plans for this summer.

(Can you believe this weather we've had this last couple of weekends? It's starting to make me think I should keep the summer free to party!?)

Hi Guys,
It's great to be able to hear that people are excited to get accepted, etc.....I FOR ONE AM THRILLED and can't wait to start. Congratulations to everyone here!! I was just wondering...do you think people will actually reveal that they spent a lot of time on this forum or will we let that slide by when we start classes?? ha ha!!!!
Jenuine :laugh:

I'm IN! I can finally join this list after being on the competitive/waitlist until yesterday, when I rec'd my acceptance letter in the mail. Yay!!!!!!! I am so so so sooooooo THRILLED and excited to start at UWSOM, as it is my absolute #1 choice. I've been jumping up and down with joy every since I got the letter yesterday.... :)

Congrats Pawster :D and to everyone else going. It'll be fun to finally meet you all come this fall. Has anyone gotten any info on housing??

pawster said:
I'm IN! I can finally join this list after being on the competitive/waitlist until yesterday, when I rec'd my acceptance letter in the mail. Yay!!!!!!! I am so so so sooooooo THRILLED and excited to start at UWSOM, as it is my absolute #1 choice. I've been jumping up and down with joy every since I got the letter yesterday.... :)

Congrats! :thumbup:

ahh yes... let the honeymoon begin! a very big congratulations to you pawster! there's hardly anything that compares to the felling huh!?! rock on...

I just wanted to personally congratulate all those who have been accepted to the UWSOM. I hope to be in your position a year from now so you all serve as great inspiration. Props! :thumbup: