*** Official UConn C/O 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

chompsss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Official UConn c/o 2020 thread!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to all! If anyone has any questions about the application process/interviews or anything pre-dental regarding UConn, feel free to ask. I'll try my best to answer!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone! Looking at last years thread it looks like interview offers starting going out this week!

Good luck everyone! Looking at last years thread it looks like interview offers starting going out this week!
I'm not ready for the disappointment...

EDIT: Looked at last years thread, looks like interview invites started around the 22nd, so we probably have another week.

Yes, not ready to see in-state tuition crash and burn and an extra $200,000 loans fall on me from the sky by having to go elsewhere.
I uh... need an adult.

Thank you, I'm in-state, everything was in to AADSAS and verified by 6/23 and it was mailed out 7/2. Good luck!
Hm so I'm gonna go ahead and assume that OOS shouldn't bother looking for emails for another week then maybe! Anyways good luck at the interview!

Hm so I'm gonna go ahead and assume that OOS shouldn't bother looking for emails for another week then maybe! Anyways good luck at the interview!
I am out of state (MA) and received my interview invite as of 3:24pm today when I turned my phone on after work! Good luck to everyone who is applying!

I am out of state (MA) and received my interview invite as of 3:24pm today when I turned my phone on after work! Good luck to everyone who is applying!
Hmm, not sure if I should be disappointed because it's OOS, or relieved you're still in New England! I'm NY...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, not sure if I should be disappointed because it's OOS, or relieved you're still in New England! I'm NY...
I wouldn't worry man. At this point, they have so many good applicants, there has still got to be some degree of randomness to it. If I remember correctly, UConn is also fairly friendly to MA residents, so that may have had something to do with it.

I wouldn't worry man. At this point, they have so many good applicants, there has still got to be some degree of randomness to it. If I remember correctly, UConn is also fairly friendly to MA residents, so that may have had something to do with it.
I can only hope! Good luck to you!

I believe I was on the first interview last year and we were all OOS applicants. Guess they changed things up, unless I'm not remembering correctly.

They had a wonderful presentation though. Real top notch quality and felt like I was in the big leagues when they took us to the conference room, with water and folders waiting for us.

Congrats you guys! Maybe oos will be next week then. Good luck on your interviews!

Thanks for sharing all your insight. How many people were on the tour/orientation in the morning when you went?

Out of all of my interviews actually, Uconn had the smallest. It was no more than 10, possibly like 7-8 kids. I was one of two guys and just handful of girls.

I'm sure you know but just incase, you are actually interviewed by two people at the same time. No worries though, just be yourself and go over the questions I mentioned in my thread earlier.

Thanks for the info. I'm just so excited and have so many friends from undergrad applying this cycle that I hope get in as well, I hope some of them will end up with the same date as I have.

Unlike other schools, they seem to emphasize that if you're being interviewed there, its very likely you'll get accepted :highfive: and that the odds are in your favor.

Don't say that man it isn't over until the fat lady sings on December 1st, but thank you for the kind words.

Very true :p.

If you have any other questions just pm me. Good luck!

Interview invite today. I'm a Florida resident.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, I know a girl who isn't on SDN (scary to think of the competition when you take into account the majority of kids aren't one here) who is a MA resident and got hers today. They are probably doing in-state and New England first, as they do favor the other five New England states as well. Don't stress and good luck! Weakfart, unfortunately they don't favor the New Yorkers as much because you guys have Stony Brook and Buffalo, the other five New England states don't have an in state school to call their own so UConn tends to look out for them a little bit.
Dang Buffalo ad Stony screwing me over! :oops:

I would argue by saving you hundreds of thousands of dollars and providing you with a great education, they are doing just the opposite. Hang in there man!
Heh, it was sarcasm!

As an OOS applicant, here's to hoping I find out some time this week or next week then....

@BobbyBeavis AADSAS says my app was mailed out on 7/2/15. I'm going to assume that's second batch.

Does UConn like OOS applicants only if they are from the nearby states?

Well Shell_eau is a Fl resident, but I did see people talking about a New England preference.

Since UConn is the only state school in New England they have to give preference to applicants in those states.. they have some sort of quota I believe. Given the small class size that leaves few spots for OOS applicants even though they seem to interview a lot of OOS.

Since UConn is the only state school in New England they have to give preference to applicants in those states.. they have some sort of quota I believe. Given the small class size that leaves few spots for OOS applicants even though they seem to interview a lot of OOS.
Tell me about it. Kentucky is the same way as well. Why did I apply to these schools again?

Does the school accept out-of-state residents? If so, how many?
Typically 50-60% of each class is composed of Connecticut residents, with another 30% from other New England States and the remaining students from other states.

How many applicants apply each year? How many are accepted?
During the 2013-2014 application year approximately 1,300 applications were received. Of these, 160 were interviewed and offers were eventually made to approximately 80.

This is from UConn Dental's website under the FAQ section of their admissions page.
ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

Still hope I'll be sending good vibes your way. Not related to UConn but we're in the same boat for UNC and last year they interviewed 6% of OOS applicants and of those interviewed they accepted 29%, so a 1.74% acceptance rate for OOS applicants LOL
Thanks for the support and I applied to UNC too! LOL, but it's my dream school but that's not saying UConn is on the higher end of my list!

Got an interview invite today! I'm a New England resident, application was mailed 6/25 but they didn't receive my DAT scores until 7/16 (I took my DAT on 6/29).

FYI - you have to call and book your interview, there's no online portal or anything like that.