***Official UIC College of Dentistry c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread****

So, then 5 out of 6 still remain....unless you hear otherwise!

Sorry about that!

I guess I got some mixed messages when I was contacted by the school, with them saying that they were now starting (Jan.) the OOS interviews.

Either way, I wish you good luck! :)

I got in too and I'm OOS.

Members don't see this ad.

FYI - I just interviewed today at UIC and the official word is that 41 of the 60 in-state spots have been filled...so there is still 19, or nearly a third still waiting to be filled!

Furthermore, the admissions staff told us (interviewees) that the next admissions committee meeting to make official acceptance decisions will take place in mid to late February, so I guess we have to be patient!

Also, they told us interviewees NOT to call or email them surrounding our admissions status...so again, be patient! :)

Blah, I've felt sick to stomach and uneasy since I read this post, lol. I am in-state and interviewed back at the end of November and have been waiting and waiting for news all of January (not to be whiny, cuz I know a lot of people have been waiting :scared:). So I guess we have to trudge on and wait till February now with 19 spots left...

No one else has heard any news since January 10th-ish then?

Members don't see this ad :)
Braulia called me while I was running my PCR at work and shared the good news with me two days ago. I interviewed on Jan. 18th and I am an in state student. I look forward to seeing everyone at orientation!

Braulia called me while I was running my PCR at work and shared the good news with me two days ago. I interviewed on Jan. 18th and I am an in state student. I look forward to seeing everyone at orientation!

Congrats!! I was still hoping to hear back from them this month, but looks like it won't happen anymore. Guess I gotta pay my deposit for case western. Would you mind sharing your stats?

just got a message from UIC that I have been officially placed on the alternate waitlist and that when other students withdraw their acceptance, I might be given the spot!! I really hope and pray that I get in!!

just got a message from UIC that I have been officially placed on the alternate waitlist and that when other students withdraw their acceptance, I might be given the spot!! I really hope and pray that I get in!!

I received the same e-mail. They are saying that 40 to 50 ppl get on the list and they don't have rankings, so we have no idea what chances we have of getting in.

Did anyone who has not received an acceptance yet receive an E-mail about housing tour day? Also, did anyone out of state receive that email about the waiting list??

Yes, I didn't even get an interview invite but got the housing email from a uic.edu address. I am not taking it seriously. The housing department probably sent it to all applicants (whether they are accepted or not) or made a mistake.

Last edited:
Yes, I receive both emails, the waiting list and the campus tour. I'm out of state.

Has anyone interviewed but has not been accepted and hasn't received an alternative list email?

Members don't see this ad :)
i am also out of state and got in. i also know someone is out of state who got in aswell, but that does not mean that everyone who got in will end up there! Keep your hopes up! they told us that you could fidn out all the way up to orientation week

Any guess on the number of OOS spots formally accepted? I'm thinking two at this point. I am on the wait list, and very curious!

Thanks

Since the second round decision are due around feb 10 im assuming they will be handing new offers around feb 15? is my estimate correct?

Got call from Carolyn today! I was taken off the waitlist and I'm in!!!

congrats evDDS, i'm on the waitlist as well. did she mention anything else regarding acceptances?

congrats evDDS, i'm on the waitlist as well. did she mention anything else regarding acceptances?

No not really. But apparently the waitlist is somehow ranked, even though they said in the email that they don't do rankings. And i have 15 days to respond, so it's the same as it is for everybody else that gets an acceptance right away. I was really shocked to hear from them so quickly, I thought that the waitlisted people wouldn't be contacted for another couple months..

Would you say that if you are in state and interviewed after Dec 1, and still have not heard anything about the waitlist, your chances of acceptance are slim. Especially knowing that if you are not accepted they leave your file on hold until april/may?

I interviewed on Jan. 20th and haven't heard back yet. Is it still too soon for me to worry?

I got the most expected call this morning. I'm in!!! Super happy!!!

Last edited:
Hey, I was interviewed late Jan. I heard that they made their second round waitlist on the 11th of Feb. Anyone know? When should I start worrying?

When I call UIC, it seems like no one ever gets back to me. They say don't leave multiple messages but after a few weeks i call back again. Does anyone have another number that might be more of a direct line to their office or has anyone been experiencing the same things?

Hey Dentallover,
Did the admissions person say anything about the waitlist?
Were you on the waitlist or did u get interviewed and then accepted?
thanks

I interviewed on 01-18, placed on waiting list a week after and accepted 02-11. She said that I was removed from the waiting list to be accepted but nothing else about the waiting list. I recommend you to call her.

I'm getting pretty worried. I interviewed mid January and am in-state. I have not been put on the waitlist or heard back...so I'm assuming they will just keep me around and then reject at the end of the cycle? I thought the interview went REALLY well, but I guess not. I know they said not to call, but do you think they would be that bothered by one call. UIC is my last chance, so If im not getting in I would like to know so I can make plans for next year...

I think you should call Braulia. She is very nice. Talk to her and let her know that UIC is your first and only one option and that you really want to go there and be part of Class 2015.

I'm getting pretty worried. I interviewed mid January and am in-state. I have not been put on the waitlist or heard back...so I'm assuming they will just keep me around and then reject at the end of the cycle? I thought the interview went REALLY well, but I guess not. I know they said not to call, but do you think they would be that bothered by one call. UIC is my last chance, so If im not getting in I would like to know so I can make plans for next year...

If you don't mind me asking, why is UIC your only option? I am not sure calling would help your chances and may come off a bit desperate. I would try to phrase it differently if you were to call. Perhaps you have a "special" circumstance.

well i am on another alternate list that doesn't see much movement, so its my last chance of getting in unless i get more interviews which i doubt. But it really is my top choice for a variety of reasons. It seems like the chances are slim right now based on the impression i got. People are selected off the waitlist for open spots. Unless you interview within 2 weeks of an acceptance you won't be accepted unless its off the waitlist.

Does anyone know whether they will offer more interview? I'm still waiting for an interview invitation. Do they say anything in your interview when the last interview round will be?
Good luck everyone!!!

When I called the admissions counselor with a question, she told me that the class is full and only if an enrolled student decides not to go to UIC then they will fill the empty seat from their waitlist.

When did you speak with the counselor? I interviewed in mid January and haven't heard from them since so I can assume that I have not been accepted?

Hey Guys! I interviewed at UIC on January 28th and haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone who interviewed around then or later heard that they were on the waitlist or accepted? It's been awhile, and I was just curious. Thanks!

Anyone get an updated FAFSA with increased tuition?

Before, tuition+fees+supplies was estimated at 48k.... now its at 60k....? What?

Or is the incoming class going to have to go to school in the summer between D1/D2 year now? The past classes haven't had to.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the deadline for people to withdraw/decline the offer from UIC? Thank you.

Just got the call from Carolyn--I've been accepted from the alternate list and I have 48 hours to decide. As of yesterday, I was pretty set on MWU IL. I think I'm going to take the offer at UIC, though. Thoughts?

Just got the call from Carolyn--I've been accepted from the alternate list and I have 48 hours to decide. As of yesterday, I was pretty set on MWU IL. I think I'm going to take the offer at UIC, though. Thoughts?

Are you in or out of state? If you're in-state I would go for sure!!! I'm on the OOS waitlist and would still love to go to UIC!

Anyone get an updated FAFSA with increased tuition?

Before, tuition+fees+supplies was estimated at 48k.... now its at 60k....? What?

Or is the incoming class going to have to go to school in the summer between D1/D2 year now? The past classes haven't had to.

I think the tuition just went up. We start orientation the 9th of August. Bummer the cost went up so much :(

I got a very unexpected and surprising call from Carolyn yesterday saying that I have been accepted into UIC. I had been dying to get in, but since I was placed on a waitlist, I prepared my mind for MWU-IL.
I have to reply by Tuesday. I had some questions, maybe someone can answer them.
Does the D1 class have summer classes ? On the tuition sheet, there is no tuition for the D1's summer session so I was thinking that maybe we will be on break.
Does UIC give a laptop? MWU is giving a macbook pro.
Since the curriculum has changed, I dont know much about how the classes will be. Carolyn said the class had a mini orientation. Do you guys know how the schedule will be daily?

If any of you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Hi Everyone,
I'm coming down to UIC for an interview on Tuesday Nov 15th and I would love to talk with a couple of you dental students while I'm visiting. We'll go to lunch maybe and chat for a bit! (or just hang out around the school) I'll be available after the interview day is over, so around 2-3pm I bet. I'm from Skokie, went to Niles West for HS, and I'm at Carthage College in Kenosha, WI now.

I'm sure a lot of you were in my position -you were excited but wanted to find out everything you could about the school. I'd love to get a little group together, 2-5 people would be awesome, but the more the merrier. If you're friendly with any upperclassmen, feel free to invite them too. Thanks everyone, message if interested. Lol First responder gets treated to lunch (if we really meet). Also can someone tell me who the class presidents are? -For Frosh, soph, and junior classes would be great.

the dental students talk to you as part of the interview day, and they have food provided. just letting you know.