Somethin positive is right...this is what I found ... you go in, there are 2 separate 20 min interviews wtih 2 diff. faculty members...
each of the faculty members has a set of ?s (all found on the sdn database)...
My personal experiece was that one of my interviewers just went down the list asking me ?s... and the other interviwer thought it was crap and chose to just instead have a conversation with me.
Some tips I have are:
1. have a good posture
2. maintain eye-contact
3. and be a good listener. People love to talk about themselves...if they talk, let them, maintain eye-contact and
4. inject appropriate mmhmms to signal interest.
5. PRactice answering typical ?s like the cheating question - if you caught a class mate cheating what would you do? Why Dentistry, Why UIC, ... You don't want to sound like a broken record, so if they ask a ?s don't rattle off like a recorder, instead pause, feign thinking...and actually do think and formulate an answer before actually opening your mouth to answr...it's okay if u pause for 2-4 seconds for thinking
6. Make sure you answer the ? don't be an ADD person that answers another ?
7. Next, run your answers to the ?s from the database through either
your career center at your school...or through other students that have beeen through the process- ie. pre med students who have gone through interviews, or pre dental, or pre opt...waht ever... run through the answers with a friend...
ugh, yes. this is all...also get ppl you know who are in to join up the facebook group!