personalstatementsbyeric

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wish...this is my top choice! But congrats to you

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If it is like previous years, notification will be by email. The portal should be updated as well.

Anyone else have news from UMKC?:)

Good grief, just got an email about the UMKC twitter account. Think my heart jumped out of my chest for a minute until I realized that's all it was. Happy waiting everyone!:nailbiting:

Just got an email today to fill out what I assume was a pre-supplemental application?

INTERVIEW. OOS. So excited :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there, I was accepted early as a medical scholar. Super pumped to start. Congrats and good luck to everyone

This makes me die a little inside

Hey Veovis, I understand how you feel. Keep in mind that Cer21159 is OOS and it depends greatly which state that is. UMKC takes more students from Kansas, Arkansas, New Mexico and Hawaii (I think that's all of them). They take very few other OOS applicants. Are you IS or OOS?

Keep your chin up, interview invites will be going out for awhile longer.

Hey Veovis, I understand how you feel. Keep in mind that Cer21159 is OOS and it depends greatly which state that is. UMKC takes more students from Kansas, Arkansas, New Mexico and Hawaii (I think that's all of them). They take very few other OOS applicants. Are you IS or OOS?

I'm OOS from Illinois. Idk if that helps.

I'm IS, and my undergrad was done at UMKC actually (but they say that doesn't affect anything heh).
I'm just worried because even though I'm middle of the bell curve for GPA and DAT, it seems like EVERYONE has higher stats. UMKC is definitely my first choice, but I'd be okay if I had to wait another year.

I'm IS, and my undergrad was done at UMKC actually (but they say that doesn't affect anything heh).
I'm just worried because even though I'm middle of the bell curve for GPA and DAT, it seems like EVERYONE has higher stats. UMKC is definitely my first choice, but I'd be okay if I had to wait another year.
In state is good news. Keep at it. I live about 15 minutes away from the school, but on the Kansas side so it's difficult. This is my third year applying- I got rejected without interview the first year, interviewed last year and waitlisted. This is the only school I am applying to as well. I'm a non-traditional student and moving is not really possible right now. I've heard more than one story about students who have had to apply several times before making it.

In state is good news. Keep at it. I live about 15 minutes away from the school, but on the Kansas side so it's difficult. This is my third year applying- I got rejected without interview the first year, interviewed last year and waitlisted. This is the only school I am applying to as well. I'm a non-traditional student and moving is not really possible right now. I've heard more than one story about students who have had to apply several times before making it.
Wow. What are your stats like?
I have a 3.7 science, 3.8 overall, their minimum DAT and I have done SO much shadowing at the school but I still haven't heard anything. DYING SLOWLY

Wow. What are your stats like?
I have a 3.7 science, 3.8 overall, their minimum DAT and I have done SO much shadowing at the school but I still haven't heard anything. DYING SLOWLY

I too am dying slowly. I sit in front of my email all day while I work, it's pretty brutal. I think last year was easier because I had convinced myself that I wouldn't be interviewed.

My stats should be taken with a grain of salt. Once upon a time (1999) I graduated with something like a 2.7 and a B.A. in psychology. I went back to school for three years, took all of the D school pre-reqs, most of the suggested classes, and got a new degree with a 4.0 gpa. Of course that all goes into the blender and I end up with 3.12 science and 3.25 overall. DAT is 22 AA/22 TS

I too am dying slowly. I sit in front of my email all day while I work, it's pretty brutal. I think last year was easier because I had convinced myself that I wouldn't be interviewed.

My stats should be taken with a grain of salt. Once upon a time (1999) I graduated with something like a 2.7 and a B.A. in psychology. I went back to school for three years, took all of the D school pre-reqs, most of the suggested classes, and got a new degree with a 4.0 gpa. Of course that all goes into the blender and I end up with 3.12 science and 3.25 overall. DAT is 22 AA/22 TS
Oh wow. That's still an amazing DAT score. I'm even more afraid now....

Anyone interview yet? Or is anyone interviewing next week? I have my interview Monday

I spoke to one guy who only had one question for his interview :confused:

Has anyone here been accepted through Reserved Admissions?

I spoke to one guy who only had one question for his interview :confused:
Yeah I heard the interview is SUPER laidback. Probably because the interview survey is 6 pages of questions. I am a little stressed about the 1 minute recording to the admissions committee :confused:

Yeah I heard the interview is SUPER laidback. Probably because the interview survey is 6 pages of questions. I am a little stressed about the 1 minute recording to the admissions committee :confused:

Also clueless about how to tackle the adcom video, any advice?

Also clueless about how to tackle the adcom video, any advice?
I haven't quite decided what I'm going to talk about yet. My friend who was admitted last year said she talked about why UMKC is a good fit. I will probably formulate something along the lines. When are you interviewing?

I haven't quite decided what I'm going to talk about yet. My friend who was admitted last year said she talked about why UMKC is a good fit. I will probably formulate something along the lines. When are you interviewing?

So I have a friend who also interviewed last year and gave me the same advice. We'll see how that goes. And I interview on Monday! What about you?

Have you heard from UMKC yet? I'm seriously losing my hair waiting for an email invitation
Nope :/ your stats seem good, when did you send in the application?

Nope :/ your stats seem good, when did you send in the application?
It was all finished by August 29th.. I finished my application July 2nd and took the dat on the 15th of August 29th. What about you?

It was all finished by August 29th.. I finished my application July 2nd and took the dat on the 15th of August 29th. What about you?
August 16th here, but my GPA wasn't calculated till a bit later (I don't know if that affects it). Literally the only thing I want in life is an e-mail from UMKC.

August 16th here, but my GPA wasn't calculated till a bit later (I don't know if that affects it). Literally the only thing I want in life is an e-mail from UMKC.
Yeah. They prefer applicants before Sept.1st which we both have and that's a plus and we are IS, which is also huge for UMKC. I have done so much shadowing and programs there within the last 4 years, I don't understand what is happening.
So do I. I feel so down and frustrated during this time

This is the week that I was rejected without interview two years ago and invited to interview last year. Ugh.

This is the week that I was rejected without interview two years ago and invited to interview last year. Ugh.
Honestly shocked they haven't given you a chance.. I hope you hear from them soon.

At this point I don't care if it's a rejection, I just want to know so I can start planning for next year. Hopefully we hear something this week!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anybody heard anything? One day left of the week...

Also if anyone wants to feel self-conscious about their extracurriculars...

UMKC Dental School class of 2014 statistics:

Total Students in the class: 107
Missouri Residents: 78
Kansas Residents: 21
New Mexico Residents: 4
Arkansas Residents: 1
Hawaii Residents: 3
Average Shadowing Hours: 350
% worked in an office/lab: 53%
Average Community Service Hours: 300
Average Science GPA: 3.62
Average DAT Academic Average: 18.45
Legacy Students (DDS/DH): 46

Hi everyone, I have also not heard back from UMKC. I completed the AADSAS and supplemental application in late august. My status on AADSAS for UMKC still says application received/under review. For the people who have not heard back yet is this your status as well? For most of the schools I applied to my status says Received/Application Complete. I'm worried they may have forgotten about my application.

Hi everyone, I have also not heard back from UMKC. I completed the AADSAS and supplemental application in late august. My status on AADSAS for UMKC still says application received/under review. For the people who have not heard back yet is this your status as well? For most of the schools I applied to my status says Received/Application Complete. I'm worried they may have forgotten about my application.
My status still says "Received/under review" even after the invitation offer. I don't think they update their AADSAS often.

:confused:What video?
Hi CallMeDoct,

They'll have you sit down in an office and let you make a video recorded statement for the admissions committee at some point in the interview. It will be about a minute long and it's pretty open to whatever you want to say, unless they've changed it. There are some good ideas above in this thread over some things you might consider talking about. It is a little nerve wracking, but really not as bad as you think it will be. Just prepare something ahead of time, you'll do ok. Good luck with your interview!

Last edited:
Hi CallMeDoct,

They'll have you sit down in an office and let you make a video recorded statement for the admissions committee at some point in the interview. It will be about a minute long and it's pretty open to what every you want to say, unless they've changed it. There are some good ideas above in this thread over some things you might consider talking about. It is a little nerve wracking, but really not as bad as you think it will be. Just prepare something ahead of time, you'll do ok. Good luck with your interview!
Thanks a lot!!