****Official University of Maryland Class of 2012 Acceptance Thread****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GatorDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I havent seen one of these yet and I am bored I figured I would start one up. I cant wait to meet all of you guys and start the next chapter in our lives!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats everyone! When are you going to start your Facebook site?

Mike Virts
Student Body President

Man I did that like 5 min after seeing Offer Made on AADSAS lol. Im so excited! I keep looking at apartments when I should be studying for finals.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since I havent seen one of these yet and I am bored I figured I would start one up. I cant wait to meet all of you guys and start the next chapter in our lives!:D

what made you choose UMaryland over the other schools that you got accepted to??

Amazing facilities (just opened new building), innovative technology, relationship between profs and students, innovative forms of learning (podcasts of lectures, voice recordings over powerpoints), listening to the students, flexible curriculum (4 4th year women are currently pregnant and their attitude was life doesnt stop just cause you are in dental school), mentoring (being paired up with a 2nd, 3rd and 4th year student and working together), externships (not too long and a variety of places), students are active in clubs/student government, diverse student body, great research- yet students dont feel 2nd to the research, not competitive, love Baltimore (so sick of the South!) and wanted to be in a city that is North but not too cold...

These are all the ways that Maryland stuck out for me compared to the other places I interviewed. The negative to me is that Im out of state and its expensive to live in Baltimore... but I will be waaay happier and I think that is worth it!

Oh! and getting into the clinic early (and not in the form of shadowing, like doing stuff), taking the boards early (3 months off to study) and no block exams!

Amazing facilities (just opened new building), innovative technology, relationship between profs and students, innovative forms of learning (podcasts of lectures, voice recordings over powerpoints), listening to the students, flexible curriculum (4 4th year women are currently pregnant and their attitude was life doesnt stop just cause you are in dental school), mentoring (being paired up with a 2nd, 3rd and 4th year student and working together), externships (not too long and a variety of places), students are active in clubs/student government, diverse student body, great research- yet students dont feel 2nd to the research, not competitive, love Baltimore (so sick of the South!) and wanted to be in a city that is North but not too cold...

These are all the ways that Maryland stuck out for me compared to the other places I interviewed. The negative to me is that Im out of state and its expensive to live in Baltimore... but I will be waaay happier and I think that is worth it!

:thumbup: wow, your reasons for choosing UMaryland mirrored my own! you will love this school!! congrats to you !!! see you in the fall!

jB!:)

+1, plus I have a con (not that bad, but just things that persuaded me from from not wanting to go there) for every other school that i was accepted to.

Man I did that like 5 min after seeing Offer Made on AADSAS lol. Im so excited! I keep looking at apartments when I should be studying for finals.

what apartments are you looking at? I have been looking at the ones listed on the UMD site, mainly The Redwood.

Well Im looking for an unfurnished place. I was looking at the Redwood and Camden Courts... the Marlboro one had complaints of mice! and I didnt like the floorplans for Centerpoint. I am still looking around though, Ill keep you posted... have you seen other places that look good?

Congrats everyone! Mike is a good guy to ask questions; our student body president. jb! is also a good guy from an out-of-stater perspective and the live-on-the-west-side-of-MLK perspective.

As for living in apts near campus, the Redwood seems to be the popular choice amongst our class, but also check out Camden Crossing, Marlboro Square, and the Sail Cloth Factory. Also, the word out on the street is that our web site will be updated around late Feb 2008, so check for any updates then!

I got my acceptance email November 29th (Friday), received my letter in the mail the following Monday.

Good luck to everyone else.

I just got the acceptance email and the acceptance letter in the mail today...weird but i don't care cuz Maryland was my top choice school, its the only interview i got and the only place I got into!!!! I can't wait to start in the fall!!!:hardy::banana:

I just got the acceptance email and the acceptance letter in the mail today...weird but i don't care cuz Maryland was my top choice school, its the only interview i got and the only place I got into!!!! I can't wait to start in the fall!!!:hardy::banana:

congrats ill see you then!

Hopefully youll get some great news soon!! I cant wait for the Fall! I want to try to get up there this summer, but we'll see if I can afford that....

I got accepted, but I probably won't end up going to Maryland (even though the school was amazing). I am choosing between Penn and Nova --I'm a Floridian :).