Official University of Michigan Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allstar99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi :). I just thought I would start a thread for all the UMICH dents out there! If you know you are going there in the fall, add your name to the list!

Allstar99

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure I am going Umich, if I dont hear back from my top choice before Aug.

I am looking for a roomate share an apartment with me near campus. Anyone? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am for sure going. Go Blue!

congrats everyone see u all next year!

-muz

I'll be there!

Just submitted my deposit! See you all next year!

When u guys start looking for housing? And how to find roomate?

Goodbye Columbia... check the sig!!!! Now to find a place.

Go BLUE! Bring on the horrid weather! :/

hey givemedmd, i tried to respond to your msg but it says your mailbox is full yo... i'm trying to find a place to live, i'm not even sure where... but once your box is free hit me up. we still have some time to decide what to do. i was having some problems with my phone bill after going abroad so that's why my phone was messed up, but things are cool now!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats miss gator michigan....now uve just got to get rid of the gator part

welcome to michigan!

Does anyone have any info on housing? Does anyone need a roommate??

I'm sending my deposit in tomorrow! Congrats to all of you!

Housing:
I talked to a few UMich'ers (if that's the correct term..? haha) and I got a few mixed answers as to where most grad students live. If you check some places on Maiden Lane (Medical Center Court and Island Drive apartments) and some places across from the business building, those should be some good spots!

Can't wait to meet everyone! Could we all identify ourselves the first day, instead of being random names on SDN?

i live in tower plaza, kind of expensive but mad close
nice, secure, 5-6 min walk to the dental school, 1-2 min bike ride
good area...rite near the clubs, bars, downtown Ann arbor...not that ull have time or anything but u can see the undergrads getting wasted

also...you'll figure out urselves sooner or later that ur sdn.ers

if uall need any further help dont hesitate to PM me

-muz-

Great idea prez_al!:)

Eeks, I can't wait!! Enjoy your last semester/few months off!!:)

Hey! I just found a place to live and what I did was just went through the michigan classifieds and leasing companies. These are the places I called. Just let them know you want a place close to the dental school and they can narrow down their properties for you. Good luck! :D

Campus Management (734) 663-4101
MichComrealty (734) 662-5500
Capto Management (734) 996-1991
Madison Properties (734) 994-5284
Varsity Management (734) 668-1100

For whoever that did get into Michigan when was your interview date? I interviewed back in November 17 and I still havent heard a single thing yet. I am so nervous.

I interviewed Oct. 7th I think and found out Dec. 1st. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon :)!!!! Hang in there.

I interviewed on Oct. 13th and found out on Dec. 1st! Keep your chin up!

dont worry...some of my classmates interviewed in march and got in...

i know of one that interviewed with me...last day of october...he got in 2nd-3rd week of may...

another

got in something like a week before school started....

so just keep working ur butt off whatever u are doin!

You You You You You You See See See See See See See Ell Ell Ell Ell Ell Ell Ell Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Class Of 2011 Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I interviewed Nov. 17th and received an acceptance Dec. 21st.

There is one person in my class(same as MUZ's) that got in day before the school started so don't give up hope. anyone who wants to go to michigan has a shot untill the school starts.

There is one person in my class(same as MUZ's) that got in day before the school started so don't give up hope. anyone who wants to go to michigan has a shot untill the school starts.

What?!?! The day before school started? That is crazy. How did that person find some place to stay? I can't even fathom that situation. So there is still hope for me. I interview in Feb. and Michigan is my 1st choice.

I interviewed at michigan NOV 17 and still havent received anything yet. Im getting really worried now. I really wanna be at Michigan. Its my number one. I dont no what I should be doing. I have waited 2 months already im dying. I wanna get in!

What?!?! The day before school started? That is crazy. How did that person find some place to stay? I can't even fathom that situation. So there is still hope for me. I interview in Feb. and Michigan is my 1st choice.

if you get into your #1 choice than finding a place to live is least of your concern at that point becasue you have chance to go where you want to go to. I would take accepting day before school starts over not getting accepted at all and I think it is probably true for most people.

I interviewed at michigan NOV 17 and still havent received anything yet. Im getting really worried now. I really wanna be at Michigan. Its my number one. I dont no what I should be doing. I have waited 2 months already im dying. I wanna get in!

I interviewed Nov. 17th and got a letter Dec 21st.

if you get into your #1 choice than finding a place to live is least of your concern at that point becasue you have chance to go where you want to go to. I would take accepting day before school starts over not getting accepted at all and I think it is probably true for most people.

definitely

For you guys that are already attending dental school at Michigan, is it cheaper to live on or off campus?

I am starting to decide whether to live on/off campus, and the housing options that Michigan offers (through the school) is Northwood (I,II, etc). Well, the most affortable deal I found was 3 bedroom apt. at Northwood IV, student rate is $1164 ( i wonder if this is monthly or the price for the whole semester? now, if it is 3 people, then rent will be ~400/ month per person). Now, by living off/campus i am looking at a rent of ~700/person, including all other expenses such as electricity, cable .. etc.

My question is if this sounds about right to all of you who are already living at ann arbor? and what about the experience.. ? wouldnt it be better to live on-campus, since everybody 's main interest is to succeed in dental school?

I would really appreciate your comments .. thanks! :D

For you guys that are already attending dental school at Michigan, is it cheaper to live on or off campus?

I am starting to decide whether to live on/off campus, and the housing options that Michigan offers (through the school) is Northwood (I,II, etc). Well, the most affortable deal I found was 3 bedroom apt. at Northwood IV, student rate is $1164 ( i wonder if this is monthly or the price for the whole semester? now, if it is 3 people, then rent will be ~400/ month per person). Now, by living off/campus i am looking at a rent of ~700/person, including all other expenses such as electricity, cable .. etc.

My question is if this sounds about right to all of you who are already living at ann arbor? and what about the experience.. ? wouldnt it be better to live on-campus, since everybody 's main interest is to succeed in dental school?

I believe the prices at Northwood are monthly because it says on the housing website that rent is due the last day of every month

Going to Mich next year. Interviewed January 19 and got a call ~2-3 weeks later. In terms of housing I'm just browsing Craig's list and online as well as working with a realtor. I have a room mate already from my university who's going to UMich Pharm but we may or may not get a 3rd depending on where we end up living.

personally, i think the problem with northwood (even tho it's cheaper) is that it's on the north campus and way far from the dental school. you can take the bus but that may get a bit annoying after a while esp if you like doing stuff downtown. also, if you don't know anyone at umich, it might be quite an experience living with two random people so i'd rather shell out 700 a month at least for the first year until i meet some people who are more compatible with my personality type.

So, for you guys, what is considered to be between the normal range for housing at ann arbor??? Based on this, I can start looking for an apt and roomates.

And..... after all the work at dental school, do you guys even have time to spend at downtown??? dizzle23, how do you manage that?

So, for you guys, what is considered to be between the normal range for housing at ann arbor??? Based on this, I can start looking for an apt and roomates.

And..... after all the work at dental school, do you guys even have time to spend at downtown??? dizzle23, how do you manage that?

the 1BRs i've seen have ranged from about 700-900 and the studios have been in the 600 range. can someone else confirm that? i'm going to be a D1 in the fall but i wouldn't think that there's so much work to the point where you can't go out once in a while

I work hard and play hard...so I will make time to play hard..I'm a party girl and have to have a huge social life...I guess we'll see if I can handle it!! :p

I work hard and play hard...so I will make time to play hard..I'm a party girl and have to have a huge social life...I guess we'll see if I can handle it!! :p

I thought you were going to Arizona? Changed your mind?

Talking in general...I'm going to revisit the schools and make my decision before I send my deposit..I'm deciding on either AZ or Michigan...I'm flying to Michigan next week to visit the school for a couple of days to make sure everything i'm looking for fits for me..we'll see!! :D
I thought you were going to Arizona? Changed your mind?

yeah time is very limited in dental school....sleep is optional, and eating is voluntary

some weeks going out is nearly impossible, but sometimes uve got to decompress...friday nites for most of my classmates is a chill nite, well relatively chill...maybe study for an hour or two then go out

so although i live in downtown AA, i very seldom go out, cuz sometimes id rather just vegetate or go to the gym after a long week, but still having all those options is pretty coool!

goodluck to you guys in ur search for housing and figuring out the best fit for u

Housing for U of M

Hey i signed a lease with 3 other D1 students last weekend on 730 Arbor street near the intersection of Hill and Street. We are in need of one more male and one more female if you are interested? That will make 3:3 in the house. Send me an email at [email protected] if you are interested. The rent is ~$600 a month + $40-70 in utilities. The house is only 1 year old

Housing for U of M

Hey i signed a lease with 3 other D1 students last weekend on 730 Arbor street near the intersection of Hill and Street. We are in need of one more male and one more female if you are interested? That will make 3:3 in the house. Send me an email at [email protected] if you are interested. The rent is ~$600 a month + $40-70 in utilities. The house is only 1 year old

good**** guys...thats mad on point!!!
teamwork wins keep it up!!!

Housing for U of M

are you talking about current D1 or D1-to-be students?

condo for sale. AATA bus comes by and goes directly to dent school. also walkable (25min) and bikeable (10min.) selling below listing price of others in unit. i've lived here for 4 years and have loved it.

http://kelloggtownhome.blogspot.com

congrats on your acceptances! :) best of luck!