Official: University Of Minnesota - Twin Cities Entering Class Of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
adamj61 said:
the U is so random, people in my interview group heard at different times. I was waitlisted, but someone else in my group with my mcat score was rejected post interview. So obviously they are waiting until may 15th to do something with me...the question, more waitlist, or an acceptance. I did send Dr. Becker a letter, and she didnt give me any info I didnt already know. I hope they are not as slow with the waitlist as they were with everything else. If anyone has some inside info on the process that would be great. It should be interesting trying to find a place with such little time, y'all will have to help me once I get off!

I know they have tons of movement on their waitlist after May 15th, but don't really do anything with it until that time. There is supposedly a number you can call after the 15th to check waitlist movement, but I don't know it offhand. I am sure you can find it online or if you call the admissions office. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you here next year!

Members don't see this ad.

AlaskaGirl said:
I know they have tons of movement on their waitlist after May 15th, but don't really do anything with it until that time. There is supposedly a number you can call after the 15th to check waitlist movement, but I don't know it offhand. I am sure you can find it online or if you call the admissions office. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you here next year!

so basically I will be able to tell if I'm going to get in or not based on the number usually taken from the list...but the letter should come before may 15th I think. Do you think its a good sign I made it this far....I don't think they leave that many people off the waitlist...I remember low interview numbers.

adamj61 said:
so basically I will be able to tell if I'm going to get in or not based on the number usually taken from the list...but the letter should come before may 15th I think. Do you think its a good sign I made it this far....I don't think they leave that many people off the waitlist...I remember low interview numbers.

They do have low interview numbers, so it is a great sign that you made it this far. I don't know when you would get a letter ranking you on the waitlist though. I would assume it would come before the 15th, but can't say for sure. Have you tried talking to the admissions office about it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there, what happened at second look weekend?

Also, to date, the only thing you've been required to send in has been your letter of intent and $100, correct? After May 15, are we required to send in a $500 deposit?

Are any other forms due (or past due) at this time?

nona1 said:
Hey there, what happened at second look weekend?

Also, to date, the only thing you've been required to send in has been your letter of intent and $100, correct? After May 15, are we required to send in a $500 deposit?

Are any other forms due (or past due) at this time?

Second look was basically a Friday afternoon...not really a weekend. However, we just saw presentations by our anatomy prof, micro prof, and a bunch by the students, financial aid people, and the registrar. Also, we toured the campus a bit more and sat in on the first year physiology lecture. I probably got more out of meeting other students that were coming in the fall than all the presentations, but it was worth it. A lot of the people attending weren't on the fence and had committed to coming to the U. <p>To date I have only been required to send in the 100 dollar deposit. I don't believe they require a second deposit of 500 either. I haven't heard anything on that one. No forms past due either. I am just sending in my transcripts and getting all my immunization stuff in order, other than that I think it is a waiting game until August.

Those of you who interviewed late (March or later) and still waiting to hear, did you receive a phone calls since yesterday? I was told that all decisions will be made in the May 11 admissions committee meeting and that those who are accepted will receive a call from Dr. Becker. I haven't received her call and wondering if any of you did. The letters are supposed to go out on Friday, but no clue on when they actually start making those phone calls. Those of you who were already accepted, which day of the week did you receive the call from Dr. Becker?

I'm still waiting (and crossing my fingers) too.. Hang in there, and know you're not alone waiting and suffering through this.

Dr.Quiet said:
Those of you who interviewed late (March or later) and still waiting to hear, did you receive a phone calls since yesterday? I was told that all decisions will be made in the May 11 admissions committee meeting and that those who are accepted will receive a call from Dr. Becker. I haven't received her call and wondering if any of you did. The letters are supposed to go out on Friday, but no clue on when they actually start making those phone calls. Those of you who were already accepted, which day of the week did you receive the call from Dr. Becker?

i know the feeling. i've been checking my email and phone messages religiously for the last...8 hours or so. i'm about to relinquish hope and stop by the post office to express mail my deposit to school choice #2, but there's still a glimmer there, that i'll get the call from u of mn. good luck guys. *cross fingers*

I called the office of admissions and they told me that Dr. Becker did not make any phone calls yet. Everyone will receive an email about status(regardless of whether they are accepted or not) and those who are accepted will also receive a phone call on Friday.

Good luck on Friday, potential future classmates!

Thanks k-monger. It's kinda wierd, though, to wait for good news on Friday, the 13th.

Dr.Quiet said:
I called the office of admissions and they told me that Dr. Becker did not make any phone calls yet. Everyone will receive an email about status(regardless of whether they are accepted or not) and those who are accepted will also receive a phone call on Friday.

Hey thanks for the news! I can't believe you were able to get that much out of them, though. good work :thumbup:

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back from the U. I hope to see you there in the fall! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

Anyone else waiting on that e-mail and refreshing every few minutes?

Ay yay yay.. :oops:

i'll see you guys this summer :) got the phone call from dr. becker at 5ish while i was at work. i actually had to go sit down and breathe for a few minutes. its sa good thing they can't rescind my acceptance based on my phone conversation :)

k-monger said:
Well, I'm deciding between UofM-TC, Loyola, Creighton, and I'm on the waitlist at WashU. The U is a great program but not at its prime. So, I'd be willing to pay a little more to go to Loyola or WashU. However, if I score a scholarship at the U, then I wouldn't be able to justify paying so much more for Loyola or WashU. Just out of curiousity, what really attracts you to the U?.
What have you heard about it not being in its prime?
I'm curious since I'm trying to decide btwn Wake Forest and Minnesota.
Thanks.
Also, I agree, I would find it hard to move to Duluth and then turn around and move right back. I would rather just get settled in at the TC campus and concentrate on the work at hand.

Where is everybody? How about reviving this thread as the countdown for matriculation begins?

Dr.Quiet said:
Where is everybody? How about reviving this thread as the countdown for matriculation begins?

Good idea! I'm in Miami still; my last day of work is July 15 and then I begin moving and getting ready for the 1,800 mile drive.

How's everyone else?

I'm biking around the country. I'm going to the Alps in a day to see Lance and the rest of tour.

I get back on July 22nd and then drive up to Min.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

I just checked my email and the parking lottery is due this Friday.
That being said, anyone know what the best parking lots are?
I'm not from the area.
Thanks see you guys soon.