***Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dentite24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the word?

Members don't see this ad.

secondary fee paid! good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many people typically get interviewed at Pitt?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people typically get interviewed at Pitt?
284 last cycle. Here is this year's class profile
part1.png

Reactions: 5 users
I wish I had seen those stats before I applied (using the latest ADEA guide). The GPA is much higher than what was reported there (3.64 and 3.55). Also interesting to note, a flip in the gender ratio from 49/30 to 35/45.

Maybe if current students would post this info for all of their schools we could avoid purchasing the ADEA guide!

I wish I had seen those stats before I applied (using the latest ADEA guide). The GPA is much higher than what was reported there (3.64 and 3.55). Also interesting to note, a flip in the gender ratio from 49/30 to 35/45.

Maybe if current students would post this info for all of their schools we could avoid purchasing the ADEA guide!
It really varies from year to year and it just happens that those are the stats of the people who decide to enroll

Keep your chin up! Lots of students were accepted with stats well below the average, but they decided to attend elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think it's too late to add on Pitt especially since my stats are quite below their average science and DAT?

Do you guys think it's too late to add on Pitt especially since my stats are quite below their average science and DAT?
Stats? It's not too late. I got in applying mid september.

Reactions: 1 users
Fefinitely apply now still earlier than most people

Stats? It's not too late. I got in applying mid september.
Fefinitely apply now still earlier than most people

Thanks for your response guys! Andddd weighted my science GPA is a 3.6 (3.54 unweighted), and overall is 3.77 (3.73 unweighted). My DAT is AA20/TS20/PAT20/QR16.

Thanks for your response guys! Andddd weighted my science GPA is a 3.6 (3.54 unweighted), and overall is 3.77 (3.73 unweighted). My DAT is AA20/TS20/PAT20/QR16.
I think you got a shot

Do we need to send in a photo of ourselves? Or do we wait until they ask us to? I have already paid my fee, but have not heard anything about the photo

Do we need to send in a photo of ourselves? Or do we wait until they ask us to? I have already paid my fee, but have not heard anything about the photo
Me neither ...maybe Th4y don't do photo anymore this year?

I contacted admissions. They said, "Applicants invited to interview will email us the photo at that time."

Reactions: 1 users
Also, I was curious if anyone was aware of Pitt's interview schedule? I'm finding that their interviews are mondays from mid-september through october? Do we get to pick our interview date? And, how long is the interview day?

Hello All, I received my app-complete e-mail on July 6th. No news after that...Anyone? any news from Pitt?
Best wishes

Hello everyone!

Congratulations on your decision to apply to Pitt, a great school in what I personally think is one of the best cities in the country.

@maga1994 and I are incoming first year students who are willing to answer any questions you have about the area, the interview process, our thoughts on the program, and (once school starts in a month), how the program is going.

So far, I personally have been extremely impressed by Pitt's admissions staff and financial aid officer- they are all on top of their game and have gone out of their way to make the entering class feel welcome.

I have also fallen in love with the city and love it so much that I am glad I made a decision to attend here.

If any of you have questions, please feel free to ask!

Hail to Pitt!

Reactions: 7 users
let's say your have a 3.4 GPA , 21 AA and 22 TS is it worth applying to pitt with these stats?

If you are in-state, yes obviously. If you are out of state, it's probably a little late to have a good chance, but I guess it is possible

let's say your have a 3.4 GPA , 21 AA and 22 TS is it worth applying to pitt with these stats?

but dont they have 3.7 undergrad gpa isn't that a big stretch?

3.7 is the average, not the minimum GPA of someone in the entering class.

And your DAT is competitive. Worth a shot if you want the school.

If you are in-state, yes obviously. If you are out of state, it's probably a little late to have a good chance, but I guess it is possible

I don't know if Pitt is as strict on in state vs out of state for admissions. It is a private, state-related school, not a full state school. In fact, if memory serves correctly, the current class has 44 non-PA residents and 36 PA residents.

but dont they have 3.7 undergrad gpa isn't that a big stretch?
As @HypotheticalSituation said, 3.7 is the average. Some people come in with 4.0s and some come in with 3.3s. Some people even come in with high gpas, but low DAT scores and vice versa. It seems to be the exception to have a high GPA and high DAT.

Also, every year's class profile is different. Most years a 3.4-3.6 and 20-21AA is competitive. This year's is just really high.

As @HypotheticalSituation said, 3.7 is the average. Some people come in with 4.0s and some come in with 3.3s. Some people even come in with high gpas, but low DAT scores and vice versa. It seems to be the exception to have a high GPA and high DAT.

Also, every year's class profile is different. Most years a 3.4-3.6 and 20-21AA is competitive. This year's is just really high.

Hi, do you know when interview invitations might start coming out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, do you know when interview invitations might start coming out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems that August 26 was the earliest date they sent out interviews last year

I feel like you applied to all the schools I applied to and I don't like it because your stats are really good lol:diebanana:
Haha I actually commented to some schools specific threads that I didn't apply to lol. But yes I did to Pitt haha. Also I'm sure you'll do really well this cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #5 just got invite

Interview invite! OOS
GPA: oGPA: 3.98; sGPA: 3.96
DAT: 23AA/23TS, none below 20
App complete Jul 20

Anyone know the cheapest hotel option around the area? And if possible, I'm looking to split a room with a female interviewing on Sept 11.

Last edited:
Interview #5

CA
s3.3, o3.4
AA 20 TS 21 PAT 21

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.