Official University of South Florida (USF COM) Class of 2009 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vtucci

Attending in Emergency Medicine
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would start an official thread for the University of South Florida College of Medicine (USF COM) Class of 2009 so we can introduce ourselves and start sharing information.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Tampa in August and Congratulations Everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

vtucci said:
I thought I would start an official thread for the University of South Florida College of Medicine (USF COM) Class of 2009 so we can introduce ourselves and start sharing information.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Tampa in August and Congratulations Everyone!!!

Hi I think I'm probably gonna end up at USF as well, still deciding between two schools though because I just got off a waitlist last week...so feel free to holla!!

i'm going to USF too! :) i'm also looking for a potential roomie to share a 2-bed/2-bath at carrington park (i hope). personal message me for more info! :) im a chickie but gender doesn't matter to me soooo much when considering a roommate. wooooooo!!!! okay, im super excited about tampa now! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also looking for a roommate. I have a condo in Courtney Palms (20 minutes to USF COM and 11 to Tampa Gen). You can see the complex at courtneypalms.com. It is very centrally located off of 301, 1/4 of a mile from I-75, 41, 60 and the Selman Crosstown. There is a huge mall (Westerfield Mall with Dillards, Macy's, J.C. Penney's) and strip malls with Publix, Costco, Home Depot, and numerous chain restaurants and stores within 3 miles.

$550/month plus 1/2 utilities. It has a pool, spa, indoor gym, indoor racquetball and basketball courts, business center, clubhouse with kitchen and theatre. I am closing on Sept 15. Ideal for someone from the Tampa area who can move in in Sept. If you are coming from elsewhere, don't worry.....I can accomodate someone with me in my parents house in Spring Hill from August to the end of Sept at a discounted rate of $200/month for August and Sept.

I am looking for someone who is neat, clean and generally quiet but friendly and sociable. I want a friend not just someone to co-habitate with. No drugs, no smoking, no heavy drinking, no parties in the apartment (if we want a party, we can book the clubhouse), no dogs. If you have a cat or want to adopt a kitten that is okay. I have a short-hair cat who is very friendly and lovable. The cat must be declawed, neutered, have all the necessary shots and be an indoor cat-- short hair preferred (due to allergies). I would love to have the same roommate throughout medical school and residency if things work out. No gender preference on roommates.

Interested..... PM me.

Count me in! Where's everybody from? Undergrad?
Born in Key West. Rollins College '04

Yale 98, UF Law 00, post-bac City College of New York

Hi everyone!

I will be at USF as well and am really looking forward to meeting all of you! If any of you would like to exchange aim names or email addresses, PM me!! :)

Hey my future classmates...I have two questions for you or for any USF MS out there:

1) I've heard that professors post their lecture slides on blackboard prior to class so that students can print the slides and bring them to lecture. Is this correct?
2) I know we have about 8 weeks of summer vacations, but how many vacation days do we get this December?

peace

samsara said:
Hey my future classmates...I have two questions for you or for any USF MS out there:

1) I've heard that professors post their lecture slides on blackboard prior to class so that students can print the slides and bring them to lecture. Is this correct?
2) I know we have about 8 weeks of summer vacations, but how many vacation days do we get this December?

peace

Answers:
1) Yes that is correct
2) I am not sure how many days off you get in Dec, but there should be a schedule for the entire year listed somewhere on the USF health sciences center website. Search somewhere at http://hsc.usf.edu.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you MS1s in about a month... There are some great activities planned for all of you

Where'd everyone go? We need to start planning for our first hurricane party!
There has to be more USF people out there. Let's get some contacts going...

Congrats C/O '09. If it's anything like last year, you'll have enough hurricanes this fall to throw all the hurricane parties you want :laugh: :laugh:

glad to see there's already a thread for USF!
see you all in <5 weeks, if tampa hasn't been drowned by a hurricane by then!
-mf :cool:

It's great to see more people posting on this thread! :)

I was curious, does anyone know how many people are going to be in our class this year?

kcnic said:
It's great to see more people posting on this thread! :)

I was curious, does anyone know how many people are going to be in our class this year?

120... it isn't expected to change anytime soon.

Hey Allygator, thanks for the info! I just thought I would ask because I had heard a while ago that the number of students may increase slightly this year... Guess that won't be happening after all! Thanks again :)

vtucci said:

Veronica:

Thanks for starting the thread. I look forward to meeting you all soon.

Bill

vtucci said:
Yale 98, UF Law 00, post-bac City College of New York
For some reason, I heard the theme song to Jaws go off in my head when I read this.

wanted to use this thread to ask further about having a cat that was mentioned above.
Is it allowed to have cats or I misunderstood and we're not talking about living on campus so it actually each student's decision.

___
my blog

wanted to use this thread to ask further about having a cat that was mentioned above.
Is it allowed to have cats or I misunderstood and we're not talking about living on campus so it actually each student's decision.
nnneeecccrrrooo pppooosssttt...