**Official University of Tennessee College of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluetree24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Last year's thread: Class of 2022

Link to interview prep: University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Before you apply to this school, know that their ADEA information is misleading. Their OOS numbers are high because they accept about 30% of all students from Arkansas (border is literally 15 minutes from Memphis). Arkansas residents are granted in-state status at UT so their real non-Arkansas OOS is comparable to other public state schools. Good luck!

Has anyone received an “application complete” e-mail yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my primary Thursday night along with all of my other schools, haven’t gotten any confirmation from UTHSC yet. When did you submit?
June 5th. I was thinking maybe they’re just slower to get back to us than the others, but I wanted to make sure.

Yeah I submitted 06/26 and havent got anything yet.

Maybe so! I know UT just got a new dean of admissions so that might be why they are a little behind!!

Does anyone elses application to UT say recieved/under review or just verified?

Good luck everyone!

Maybe so! I know UT just got a new dean of admissions so that might be why they are a little behind!!

Does anyone elses application to UT say recieved/under review or just verified?

Good luck everyone!
Just verified here

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

I submitted June 7 and applied to 20 programs. This is the only one I have not heard anything from at all!

It looks like the first interview invite was extended on August 3rd last year, so hopefully some of us will be hearing from UTHSC this week or next. Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Another person posted in the Accepted thread that they got an interview invite to UT, they were also instate. Might be safe to assume they are giving out instate invitations first.

Can you post stats and completion/verification date?

from Arkansas 22AA 22TS 21PAT 3.9GPA
Applied June 10th and the interview invite has been the only contact I have received from UTMemphis

I am instate and submitted my application July 5, verified July 25. Still have not heard anything from UTMemphis

I submitted 07/19 and was verified 07/25, I think the first invites were only for people who submitted in June period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know when they are going to send out the second invites?

I submitted mine July 27th and haven’t heard anything! I applied to 9 other schools and have received a confirmation email from all but UT! 5 of them have sent me emails stating my application is complete and under committee review.

Finally some signs of life! Received an email that my application is complete. Very curt and to the point email, but it's something I guess.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied 3rd week of July and received invite already.

IS/AR or OOS? Nvm, I was on my phone and saw you posted already earlier. Maybe they're only interviewing TN/AR right now.

Last edited:
I haven’t received an interview invite via email from UT, but I just checked my AADSAS app and under the Decision Status it says “Invited for interview.” Is this happening to anyone else?

I haven’t received an interview invite via email from UT, but I just checked my AADSAS app and under the Decision Status it says “Invited for interview.” Is this happening to anyone else?
Mine just says received/ under review. I would give it a few days and see if you get an invite, if not then I would email them.

Yes, mine is the same way.

Mine just says received/ under review. I would give it a few days and see if you get an invite, if not then I would email them.

Lol I hope I get the email. When I received the confirmation email, it said that my AADSAS status is correct 100% of the time, so let’s hope that’s the case! Haha!

Lol I hope I get the email. When I received the confirmation email, it said that my AADSAS status is correct 100% of the time, so let’s hope that’s the case! Haha!
Congrats! I imagine you'll be getting an email from them soon.

Are you IS or OOS? Just curious....Thanks!

Congrats! I imagine you'll be getting an email from them soon.

Are you IS or OOS? Just curious....Thanks!

I just got the email from them! My interview is Sept. 21st. I’m IS. 20 AA, 20 PAT, 19 TS.

Reactions: 2 users
I got the email too! Interviewing Sept 24. IS applicant

Congrats! Can I ask when your application was submitted / complete?

Submitted on 7/27 and verified 7/28. I received the email from UT saying my app was received on 8/8, and received the email invite today 8/20.

Is there not a single OOS interviewee for UTHSC on SDN? Excluding Arkansas of course.

And congrats to you two! Mine just says "under review" on AADSAS.

Reactions: 3 users
There is no doubt that most of the state schools in the southeast are very OOS unfriendly.

Submitted on 7/27 and verified 7/28. I received the email from UT saying my app was received on 8/8, and received the email invite today 8/20.

Did your AADSAS status change back to “received/ under review” after confirming your interview date? Mine did.

Status
Not open for further replies.