Official University of Utah c/o 2010 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dragonmate said:
Hey! Good to see a new classmate. Where are you from?

Hello glad to be a future classmate. I'm from CA. Glad to be in UT though.

Members don't see this ad.

bgtati said:
Hello glad to be a future classmate. I'm from CA. Glad to be in UT though.
What part of CA are you from? And what brings you to Utah (what made you apply here)? Any random info about yourself would also be cool.
I can't believe that there is less than two months left til orientation! Does everyone know their housing situation? I'm still trying to work mine out with Utah Student Apartments so I can get up 5 min. before class and still be on time :D

dragonmate said:
What part of CA are you from? And what brings you to Utah (what made you apply here)? Any random info about yourself would also be cool.
I can't believe that there is less than two months left til orientation! Does everyone know their housing situation? I'm still trying to work mine out with Utah Student Apartments so I can get up 5 min. before class and still be on time :D
Im from Northern CA. I was born in UT so I always wanted to come back and check it out. I'm looking for student housing on campus but I can't find any rooms. I hope some will open soon. I'm also trying to talk to some friends who live in the towers and see if I can rommie up with them. I'm so excited how about yourelf? Are you from UT?

Members don't see this ad :)
bgtati said:
Im from Northern CA. I was born in UT so I always wanted to come back and check it out. I'm looking for student housing on campus but I can't find any rooms. I hope some will open soon. I'm also trying to talk to some friends who live in the towers and see if I can rommie up with them. I'm so excited how about yourelf? Are you from UT?
I was born in the former Soviet Union, but moved to Salt Lake City at the age of 8 and have lived here ever since, so Utah is pretty much my home. I like it here. It's a great place to study with not too many distractions, although I hear med students know (or quickly find out) how to party... ;)

I'm typically just a voyeur on this site, but I think it's time to jump in. I'll be at the U this fall too (another out-of-stater- Seattle). Anyone else from Seattle?

dragonmate said:
I was born in the former Soviet Union, but moved to Salt Lake City at the age of 8 and have lived here ever since, so Utah is pretty much my home. I like it here. It's a great place to study with not too many distractions, although I hear med students know (or quickly find out) how to party... ;)

That sounds awesome. Any luck on housing yet? By the way are you from Russia or some other former USSR country?

outsidethebox said:
I'm typically just a voyeur on this site, but I think it's time to jump in. I'll be at the U this fall too (another out-of-stater- Seattle). Anyone else from Seattle?
HEy welcome. Glad to see another OOS. So why did you choose UT? Any luck with housing. I'm still looking. Arrrr

bgtati said:
That sounds awesome. Any luck on housing yet? By the way are you from Russia or some other former USSR country?
no luck on housing :( I think i just need to find a roomie, but have no clue how to go about looking for one. I am from Uzbekistan, but don't speak a word of Uzbek ;) ...only Russian.

dragonmate said:
no luck on housing :( I think i just need to find a roomie, but have no clue how to go about looking for one. I am from Uzbekistan, but don't speak a word of Uzbek ;) ...only Russian.
bummer on the housing ordeal. im looking for apt's around campus/on campus. not bad in terms of price versus ca housing. that's cool you are from Uzbekistan. it will be good to meet you. take care!

bgtati said:
bummer on the housing ordeal. im looking for apt's around campus/on campus. not bad in terms of price versus ca housing. that's cool you are from Uzbekistan. it will be good to meet you. take care!
Dido. BTW, if you guys want to save about $15 on the new Netter's Atlas edition, go to www.abebooks.com. I just got a kick ass deal...paid only $60 with S & H! (compared to $75 at the bookstore :eek: )

Hi everyone, i'm also looking to join you guys next year, i was born/raised in SLC, but i've been out of state for undergrad and work for about 5 years in St. Louis. It'll be weird moving back! haha. but i'm really excited about the U and look forward to meeting the class :)

md mayhem said:
Hi everyone, i'm also looking to join you guys next year, i was born/raised in SLC, but i've been out of state for undergrad and work for about 5 years in St. Louis. It'll be weird moving back! haha. but i'm really excited about the U and look forward to meeting the class :)
Welcome! If you don't mind sharing, where did you go through undergrad and what did you do for 5 years in St. Louis?

Funny, all these people from far away coming to Utah for med school and here I am, a stones throw from the med school and moving across the country the other way to go to med school... I really like the U but just thought I should spend some time out of state...at least that's what I'm tellin' people. Have fun guys!

P.S. Parking at the U SUCKS!!!! even if you get the most expensive parking pass, you have to get there before 5 AM to find a spot in those lots. Trax will take you right by the school though so I would highly recommend looking into a pass.

dragonmate said:
Welcome! If you don't mind sharing, where did you go through undergrad and what did you do for 5 years in St. Louis?

I went to undergrad at Washington University in St Louis for 3.5 years, and i've been doing microbio research at WashU for the last 1.5.. wow.. doesnt seem like its been that long, but time flies!

so is anyone else excited/anxious to start school in SLC? What is everyones loan situation? Books? Supplies?