***official University Of Washington Class Of 2012 Thread*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Putin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just want to meet my future classmates. Who else is going to attend the UW this coming fall?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Putin. I haven't been admitted but I loved the school. I'm hoping to hear from the UW soon. I wanted to ask when did you exactly interview and how soon did they tell you that you were accepted. Thanks and CONGRATULATIONS to you!:hardy:

Hi Putin. I haven't been admitted but I loved the school. I'm hoping to hear from the UW soon. I wanted to ask when did you exactly interview and how soon did they tell you that you were accepted. Thanks and CONGRATULATIONS to you!:hardy:

Thanks! I interviewed in January and got accepted a week later.

Members don't see this ad :)
just wondering are u a washington resident because im hoping to attend in a few years and the website says wa residents get preference, and i live in socal.

I'll be there in the fall.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, Hang in there!

coratana: yeah, I am a Washington resident. I heard it's pretty competitive for out-of-staters. Good luck.

electron: congrats on the acceptance! are you planning on doing research this summer through SURF?

Kathy called today! I am in!!!! me = happy :hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy: I can't wait to meet you guys. This is gonna be great!

I'm glad to see my future classmates here. How many of you guys are going to participate in SURF this summer? I'm still debating about it. Congrats to everyone who got accepted, for those of you who are waiting, good luck! Keep your hopes up.

I'm glad to see my future classmates here. How many of you guys are going to participate in SURF this summer? I'm still debating about it. Congrats to everyone who got accepted, for those of you who are waiting, good luck! Keep your hopes up.

Probably not. I do wanna do research, probably next summer since you get 3 months off. I want to take this summer off to chill and travel! :p

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Congrats chumpe:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Looking forward to meeting you this August.:) I am in the same boat as you, don't know if I should do SURF this summer or next. Feel like taking some time off to relax.

Are you a WA resident?

Kathy called today! I am in!!!! me = happy :hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy: I can't wait to meet you guys. This is gonna be great!

Chumpe, did your status change on AADSAS too. I'm waiting to hear back from UW. Also, what time did Kathy call? Thanks and CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chumpe, did your status change on AADSAS too. I'm waiting to hear back from UW. Also, what time did Kathy call? Thanks and CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance.

Kathy called at around 4 PM Pacific Time ( I live in Seattle). I just checked my AADSAS and it remains as " invited for... interview" Good luck. Kathy told me on the interview day and most decision will be made early March. Maybe you will hear sooner, like I did.

Good luck!!! It seems like you are already accepted to a really good school. Is UW your #1 choice?

Kathy called at around 4 PM Pacific Time ( I live in Seattle). I just checked my AADSAS and it remains as " invited for... interview" Good luck. Kathy told me on the interview day and most decision will be made early March. Maybe you will hear sooner, like I did.

Good luck!!! It seems like you are already accepted to a really good school. Is UW your #1 choice?

Yes. It's definitely my #1 pick. I'm calling tomorrow. I had actually called a week ago and Kathy told me the Ad. committee was meeting Feb 14th and the 28th (I believe). I just can't take it.:scared: I want to find out. Thanks for everything. I interviewed Jan 28. I'm a CA resident.

Yes. It's definitely my #1 pick. I'm calling tomorrow. I had actually called a week ago and Kathy told me the Ad. committee was meeting Feb 14th and the 28th (I believe). I just can't take it.:scared: I want to find out. Thanks for everything. I interviewed Jan 28. I'm a CA resident.

I pray for your acceptance at UW so you withdraw from OHSU. But you gotta promise that if you get in UW you will withdraw from OHSU the very same day.... Deal?

chumpe-

I see that Kathy called you at about 4 pm yesterday... same here. We both interviewed on Feb 4th, so it's nice to 'know' at least somebody in the school. I don't suppose you're already working research in the SOD as an undergrad?

chumpe-

I see that Kathy called you at about 4 pm yesterday... same here. We both interviewed on Feb 4th, so it's nice to 'know' at least somebody in the school. I don't suppose you're already working research in the SOD as an undergrad?

Hey congrats! I am not doing research in SOD but I am doing research at pathology dept. We interviewed on same day? sweet. Which one were you?? I was the shorter Asian guy (out of 2)

Congratulations to you too. I was the medium-height white guy with a red tie. You interviewed with Sandra Bordin, right? She and I work together sometimes.

has anybody heard back who interviewed back in November or December? Seems like they are only accepting those who have interviewed recently...

Yea I'm doing SURF before school starts.

Congratulations on your acceptance chumpe!

You guys should join "University of Washington School of Dentistry c/o 2012" on facebook if you have one.

Peace!

has anybody heard back who interviewed back in November or December? Seems like they are only accepting those who have interviewed recently...

I got interviewed on Nov 26th and got in Jan 11th

Did everyone planning on doing SURF turn in the application?

Hey Everyone
I had a quick question. I submitted my signed acceptance form last week. I am waiting on the mail with registering info. How long did it take you guys to get it? thx!

Hey Everyone
I had a quick question. I submitted my signed acceptance form last week. I am waiting on the mail with registering info. How long did it take you guys to get it? thx!

About 2weeks? I can't remember it accurately but I think it was around 10-20days.

Hi everyone!
Well I found out today I'm an alternate for my #1 pick UW. Anyone know how many alternates there are? What are my chances? :rolleyes::scared::rolleyes:

Nice job slutskya!! When did you find out? I had my phone on me all day and it didn't ring...I am disappointed for sure. Are they meeting again next week or in two weeks? I hope there are still positions left!

Hey Slutskya, I know it's not the news you wanted to hear but it is definitely better than a rejection. I do know a couple of people who applied last year that got off the alternate list by the way (in April?) so its not over yet.

I think all decisions will be made on the 2nd week of March on a Thursday like how it's been going.

Hi everyone,

Kathy called me yesterday to let me know i was accepted. As excited as I am for this great opportunity, I realize that I now i have a tough choice between UW, Penn (already deposited), and Columbia (already deposited). I like all three schools for different reasons and know each school has some areas that leave much to be desired. I'm a Penn student so I have a pretty good impression of Penn Dental. I was in Seattle for 3 days, but only saw the dental school and surrounding areas for about a day and a half. Unfortunately there wasn't much time during lunch to ask current students very many questions. Is there any additional information you feel defines the program that I might not have gotten from my short visit? How are the social dynamics in a small class size and within the larger graduate community? I have no doubt that UW has a strong clinical background, but how are the didactics? I know that most of you are from the area or go to UW undergraduate so I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Hey Slutskya, I know it's not the news you wanted to hear but it is definitely better than a rejection. I do know a couple of people who applied last year that got off the alternate list by the way (in April?) so its not over yet.

I think all decisions will be made on the 2nd week of March on a Thursday like how it's been going.

Thanks for the positive words. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Kathy will call me. I love the UW. I hope I can attend in the fall. Congratulations to everyone accepted!!!!!:hardy:

I love UW and would love to get in there

Hi everyone,

Kathy called me yesterday to let me know i was accepted. As excited as I am for this great opportunity, I realize that I now i have a tough choice between UW, Penn (already deposited), and Columbia (already deposited). I like all three schools for different reasons and know each school has some areas that leave much to be desired. I'm a Penn student so I have a pretty good impression of Penn Dental. I was in Seattle for 3 days, but only saw the dental school and surrounding areas for about a day and a half. Unfortunately there wasn't much time during lunch to ask current students very many questions. Is there any additional information you feel defines the program that I might not have gotten from my short visit? How are the social dynamics in a small class size and within the larger graduate community? I have no doubt that UW has a strong clinical background, but how are the didactics? I know that most of you are from the area or go to UW undergraduate so I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Ciaobella,

You have a very tought decision. I wish I were in your position. I have heard wonderful things about both Columbia and Penn. I applied to Penn and would give anything to go there. They didn't give me much of a look however. What have you decided?

Hi everyone,

Hi Congrats getting into UW. You do have a tough decision. As far as UW goes, in term of didactics, I know for last few years they have 100 % passing rate on Boards and two or three years ago they had the highest average score out of all the dental schools. So I wouldn't worry about their didactics.

Slutskya,
Did you hear over the phone or by mail? Also, did she tell you what number you were on the alternate list or how many they are putting on the list?

By the way, Kathy told me that last year they had 15 alternates and all but two ended up getting in the class...

Hey guys,

So... I just found out today too that I made it into the alternate position at UW. It came in the mail, and nope, it does not say how many alternates are there for this cycle. This was very unexpected since i interviewed way back in october. Does anyone have a clue as to how long do alternates have to wait until they get accepted? I hope the wait isn't too long since I do have to find housing quick another school that i got into...

Slutskya,
Did you hear over the phone or by mail? Also, did she tell you what number you were on the alternate list or how many they are putting on the list?

I received an email. I'm #9 on the list. I'm not sure how many alternates there are. Again, I'm hoping I'll get in. I just have to be patient and stay positive. :D

I received an email. I'm #9 on the list. I'm not sure how many alternates there are. Again, I'm hoping I'll get in. I just have to be patient and stay positive. :D

Slutskya, How did you find out what number you are on the list? is this given to you after you turn in the alternate position form to Kathy? Thanks, and best of luck to both of us in the alternate position :D

Slutskya, How did you find out what number you are on the list? is this given to you after you turn in the alternate position form to Kathy? Thanks, and best of luck to both of us in the alternate position :D

I called Kathy and asked her. That was last Friday when I called. She said last year they went down to #13 on the list. The year prior to that they only went down a couple of spots. Good luck to both us!!! :luck:

I got the letter today, I'm on the alternate list! I'm so stoked, it was coming down to the wire for sure.:thumbup: I actually called Kathy yesterday because I couldn't wait any longer, and she told me. Good luck to everyone on the list!

Hey guys,

So... I just found out today too that I made it into the alternate position at UW. It came in the mail, and nope, it does not say how many alternates are there for this cycle. This was very unexpected since i interviewed way back in october. Does anyone have a clue as to how long do alternates have to wait until they get accepted? I hope the wait isn't too long since I do have to find housing quick another school that i got into...

Dude, although you got into a very nice school, I really hope we could be classmates! It would be nice if we all get to spend time together for four years! See you around man!

Have any of you out of state applicants gotten in?

congrats to all those that have gotten in. Just talked to kathy and she said that the class was filled and so was the alternate list. Stay patient and hope that they will call your name.

congrats guys on your acceptances/making the alternate list! don't give up hope. we had a guy in our class accepted a few weeks before orientation, so there is still a ton of time for you! if you have any questions at all, feel free to email me at [email protected], PM's aren't good beacuse I don't regularly login to SDN. congrats again and looking forward to seeing you next fall!

Congratulations to everyone again!
I was wondering if any of you knew when the commitment deposits were due for those recently accepted. As an alternate, I'm just trying to estimate the approx. date when some spots may open up. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.;)

I'm pretty sure that the deposit is due on April 1st. Some slots should be opening up around then. Congrats on the alternate spot and good luck.

I'm pretty sure that the deposit is due on April 1st. Some slots should be opening up around then. Congrats on the alternate spot and good luck.

I work at the registrar's office.....deposit is due by may 1st

I stand corrected. As does my acceptance letter, incidentally. Weird.