**Official UNLV Class of 2010 attendance thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigsilvo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanna know who my classmates are!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there. Does anyone know when class starts or if we will be receiving a packet full of info?

I'll be there just moved down. School starts in Sept, but not sure exactly when. Has anyone recieved there finicial aid award notification yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not in, but I am still waiting to hear from the UNLV SDM. Question for all the people who are already admitted, what does your AADSAS status show? And do you remember how soon that changed from once you got admitted?

i almost joined you guys... :oops:

lindandy said:
I'll be there just moved down. School starts in Sept, but not sure exactly when. Has anyone recieved there finicial aid award notification yet?
R u enjoying the heat yet?

I'll be there. We are moving down in June or early July. I guess that isn't the best time of year to move to Vegas, but oh well. Hey, where will you all be living? My wife and I are looking for a townhome or a condo to buy but it's pretty pricey!!! We will most likely end up in the southern part of Vegas. It seems a little nicer down there and maybe even a bit more affordable.
Another question,,,,,,, Will we be wearing scrubs every day? I can't remember from the UNLV interview if everyone was wearing scrubs?

UtahDDS said:
I'll be there. We are moving down in June or early July. I guess that isn't the best time of year to move to Vegas, but oh well. Hey, where will you all be living? My wife and I are looking for a townhome or a condo to buy but it's pretty pricey!!! We will most likely end up in the southern part of Vegas. It seems a little nicer down there and maybe even a bit more affordable.
Another question,,,,,,, Will we be wearing scrubs every day? I can't remember from the UNLV interview if everyone was wearing scrubs?

I am still waiting to hear about my ranking on the waitlist..they told me it would be about 2-3 weeks before I would hear from them...I loved the school..I hope I get in..

mahya said:
I am still waiting to hear about my ranking on the waitlist..they told me it would be about 2-3 weeks before I would hear from them...I loved the school..I hope I get in..

Would you choose UNLV if you got in? Over your USC and ASDOH acceptances? What about UCLA?? :)

I just got my financial aid award notification two days ago.....holy ****, Im officially in debt up to my ass.

Ruprick said:
Would you choose UNLV if you got in? Over your USC and ASDOH acceptances? What about UCLA?? :)

First of all, I haven't heard from UCLA and based on my guessing my ranking is low since there were few people that were accepted from alternate liste after their interview on April. Also I withdrew my application from ASDOH. I am still waiting from UNLV..Financial wise, UNLV gives me better options. Also living near USC is problematic with all the traffic and being very expensive...Besides I liked UNLV alot...so that is how my life is so far...Rupick..did you hear from USC or ASDOH??? how are deciding so far??? ;)

bigsilvo said:
I just got my financial aid award notification two days ago.....holy ****, Im officially in debt up to my ass.

it's much better then being debt up to your throat ;)

bigsilvo said:
Do you mean your award from FAFSA? Or does the school send something? I feel so in the dark right now, stupid finals week has me stressing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be attending UNLV. Looking forward to the "paperless" classes and new clinic. Good luck everyone.

I didn;t apply to USC, but ASDOH was my second choice and is very simular to UNLV. I did choose Vegas because they offer residency and although housing was steep, I think I made the right choice.

I'll be attending UNLV...not excited about the heat. But it was the right choice for me.
Cheers

lindandy said:
I didn;t apply to USC, but ASDOH was my second choice and is very simular to UNLV. I did choose Vegas because they offer residency and although housing was steep, I think I made the right choice.

Did UNLV send you any information re: residency? I'm getting a little worry b/c I haven't been able to find a place. I'm coming from CA that's why. Please let me know if you know anything. Looking forward to meeting you in the fall.

Julie

Ill be there too! Looking forward to meeting you guys. Has anyone found housing yet, I'm in the same boat want to find a nice place...anyone need a roomate? Let me know! When are we going to get the official list serve?

sahard23 said:
Ill be there too! Looking forward to meeting you guys. Has anyone found housing yet, I'm in the same boat want to find a nice place...anyone need a roomate? Let me know! When are we going to get the official list serve?

I think they are busy with their first year of graduation... ;)

bigsilvo said:
I just wanna know who my classmates are!
can all you lucky UNLVrs give out your stats? and what you think got you in...stats,interview,daddy....know the Dean....etc

My interviews at UNLV went well. I was able to get a really good feel for what the school is about, and felt that it was a great fit for me. As far as stats check out predents.com

sumozmom said:
can all you lucky UNLVrs give out your stats? and what you think got you in...stats,interview,daddy....know the Dean....etc
i interviewed with Ancajas, and the interview went great, I actually made her laugh and we talked for double our allotted time. Plus I got a great student interviewer who basically told me I was in hehe.

Stats help and being a resident certainly helped me. GO REBELS!

bigsilvo, you're desi?

I just got a class of 2010 packet from UNLV today. It has reminders and info about everything to get ready for school. Orientation starts Tuesday September 5th, White coat on 8th, and classes begin Sept 11th. I guess our color of scrubs will be Hunter or Forest green for the next four years and we are supposed buy a Dell D620 Latitude Laptop. For those of you who got the packet, are you going to do any of the "upgrades" that are offered on the purchasing website? Anyways, good luck to everyone, lookin' forward to meeting you all.

UtahDDS said:
I just got a class of 2010 packet from UNLV today. It has reminders and info about everything to get ready for school. Orientation starts Tuesday September 5th, White coat on 8th, and classes begin Sept 11th. I guess our color of scrubs will be Hunter or Forest green for the next four years and we are supposed buy a Dell D620 Latitude Laptop. For those of you who got the packet, are you going to do any of the "upgrades" that are offered on the purchasing website? Anyways, good luck to everyone, lookin' forward to meeting you all.
Ugh Dell sucks. I'm not looking forward to that.... :)

UtahDDS said:

Hey did you send your second deposit to get all dat? I'm sending mine this week.

Got my packet today, too. I already knew this, but the schedule is a little scary. There are very few and very short breaks between semesters. Time to buck up! A summer break would've been nice but what'chya gonna do?! :)

Ruprick said:
Got my packet today, too. I already knew this, but the schedule is a little scary. There are very few and very short breaks between semesters. Time to buck up! A summer break would've been nice but what'chya gonna do?! :)

so Rupick you decided on UNLV then, right?

mahya said:
so Rupick you decided on UNLV then, right?
90% sure at this point. I'm happy with UNLV but Arizona is where home is and I'm still on their waitlist. Add 1% as each day passes because my hopes grow increasingly slim. :)

bigsilvo said:
OHHHH, I meant the DJ Punjabi MC, I like him a lot. He does a lot of remixes of popular songs like billy jean, knight rider, but puts Indian style into it. It's super sick!

LOL, i feel really ******ed for not picking that up!

edit: double post

I got the packet too, very exciting! Does anyone know if family can come to our white coat ceremony? It looks like we better enjoy our summer because we have a lot in store for us when we start!

Ruprick said:

didn't get any packet from UNLV... did you have to pay 2nd deposit to get it? What's in the packet? Thanks.

you don't have to send your 2nd deposit to get it, I just got mine yesterday. Basically its a bunch of info on immunizations, whitecoat, semester schedules, orientation, computer, etc...with a crazy summer schedule like that you'd think we'd be done in 3 years...oh well, see you all in sep.

I have sent my 2nd deposit, but all I've gotten was an immunization paper, no packet with scheduling info. I'd really like to check this out though. =(

sahard23 said:
I got the packet too, very exciting! Does anyone know if family can come to our white coat ceremony? It looks like we better enjoy our summer because we have a lot in store for us when we start!

I have not recieved anything either, but went to the school to pay the deposit and turn in immunizations forms. When is the White coat ceremony and do you know when about school starts? Thanks

lindandy said:
I have not recieved anything either, but went to the school to pay the deposit and turn in immunizations forms. When is the White coat ceremony and do you know when about school starts? Thanks

If it is anything like last year, and I am pretty sure it is, you will have orientation week starting tuesday after Labor day, the rest of the school has that week off, your white coat ceremony will be that friday. Enjoy the summer get some rest, you will need it.

Orientation Week: Sept 5-8
White Coat Ceremony Sept 8 @ 3:00-5:30

Does anyone know why we can only get the Dell D620 Latitude and not the Dell D820? Thanks

Tche said:

Does anyone know why we can only get the Dell D620 Latitude and not the Dell D820? Thanks
I was told that a lot of it is because the students this year are spending too much time playing games during lecture and this years required computer has a downgraded video card that we can't upgrade.

Tche said:

lindandy has a point, but also, the d620 weighs like 2 pounds less then the d820. when you are carrying that "brick" around, trust me you want it to weigh less. unless you will have one of those rolly 'backpacks'. :laugh:

So, from what states are you all coming? I would guess mostly Nevada, California and Utah...... I'm from Utah.

soswank said:
lindandy has a point, but also, the d620 weighs like 2 pounds less then the d820. when you are carrying that "brick" around, trust me you want it to weigh less. unless you will have one of those rolly 'backpacks'. :laugh:

Quit spending so much time on SDN, get your app in!!! :laugh:

greenday said:
Quit spending so much time on SDN, get your app in!!! :laugh:

funny guy, you mean for 2007 cycle?

UtahDDS said:
So, from what states are you all coming? I would guess mostly Nevada, California and Utah...... I'm from Utah.

AZ here. I'm moving from Phoenix to Phoenix, Jr.

I am from Utah as well, looking forward to some serious changes.

Im a New Yorker who moved to Nevada..so I guess that makes me a Nevadan now.