****Official USC School of Dentistry C/O 2015 Acceptance Thread****

prsndwg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
USC Baby
:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Who is in with me ?

Members don't see this ad.

Got the email at 9am. Man it feels good. Fight On!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance email to USC!!!!!!

I got the acceptance by email about an hour ago :)

does USC appear on AADSAS for those that are accepted? what does the status say? is it "Received/Application Complete" or does it actually say "Offer Made"? thanks

does USC appear on AADSAS for those that are accepted? what does the status say? is it "Received/Application Complete" or does it actually say "Offer Made"? thanks

just popped up w offer made :luck:

I'm in too!!! :D:D:D:D
my status now says "Offer Made"

Congrats guys. I'm applying next cycle.

You guys mind sharing ur stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in this morning too! Congrats everyone! So excited!!

Hey guys! Got my email this morning.
I have to debate between mwu and usc right now, but hopefully I'll be seeing some of you soon!

Congrats you guys! Thats one of my goto schools that i'm hoping will work out for me. Still waiting to hear from them :) so maybe I'll see some of you guys there if it works out!

Got the email at 9am. Man it feels good. Fight On!

Congrats to DentalMO....UMKC too. That's awesome. Got my acceptance to USC while flying over the Florida coast. Nothing like being cramped next to complete strangers and finding out a decision that will forever change your life.

I'm in with you guys.. Can't put into words how excited I am!

Does anyone know approximately how many people were accepted today (Dec. 1)?
Is the next offer in February?

Does anyone know approximately how many people were accepted today (Dec. 1)?
Is the next offer in February?

At the interview, they said that ~ 30-40 ppl will receive acceptances today. I dunno how accurate that number is tho. And yes the next round of acceptances will be in Feb.

I got the acceptance around noon on 12/1! This is definitely a great school and the student atmosphere here was unlike any other I've seen thus far. The price tag for me compared to my state school is just overwhelming... another seat will be opening up here for those of you who are waiting for USC!!! ...again, great school!

we should make a facebook group

anyone down for it?

yea, good idea.. anybody have one set up yet?

Just turned in my acceptance form and deposit! Can't wait to meet you all!

i am pulling my offer. once a bruin always a bruin. go UCLA!!!!.

Facebook page has been made!

Name: USC School of Dentistry Class of 2015

Last edited:
Trojan for Life!
USC - '07
USC - '15

whats the link to the facebook page?

hey guys,

i got accepted to USC and nyu.

I was pretty much set on going to USC but lots of people told me to go to nyu.

I really dont know what to do. HELP ME!!!!!!! since most of you guys decided on USC, can you tell me your reasons for choosing USC over others?

For those of you who got in when did you guys interview??

I'm in! Im on the east coast so my email came around noonish :)

hey guys,

I really dont know what to do. HELP ME!!!!!!! since most of you guys decided on USC, can you tell me your reasons for choosing USC over others?

I got into both schools as well as a few others including UF (which is in state tuition for me). Truthfully, I wasnt even considering USC or NYU because they are both extremely expensive, however, I received a $30,000 a year scholarship from NYU, so now I'll probably be going there.

hey guys,

I went to USC for undergrad and worked at the dental school. I would interact with many of the dental students and they all seemed to love the school. They even had good stuff to say about pbl. People were very friendly and the atmosphere was pretty laid back.

The area surrounding the school may not be that nice but it's only a 15 min drive from downtown, ktown, lil tokyo, west la, and hollywood. Also, the dental school is on the main campus, which means you have easy access to the libraries, cafeteria, gym (which is directly across from the dental school!), etc.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to pm me.

Meeeeeeeeee!!! I feel so honored to have been accepted :]

I'm a first year student at USC if anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them.

I just pulled my offer, so theres an open spot for another hopeful :) good luck!

hey guys,

Hey!

Congrats to all who got in!

I am a first year student at USC and I absolutely love it!

I didn’t get into NYU, but I am from NY, and have lots of friends who went there. I found people at NYU to be super snobs and not very friendly. In addition their professors (wouldn’t speak for everyone though) are not very accommodating (a friend of mine had literally take a final exam lying on his stomach in the lecture hall, as he was after a surgery and he could not seat. The professor refused to give him an extension and told him that he needs to take it with everyone if he wants to pass the class. And btw, he would just step over him, as he was walking back and forth!!!). During second year—you will have ~300ppl, once international dentists will join. I personally have no idea what can you learn when you have so many people…

At USC- lots of you might be scared about PBL way of learning. And to be honest- it is not my favorite part either. I do think that PBL would’ve been great during 2nd year, once we have a strong science foundation. There are lots of positive changes happening here (I am a part of curriculum committee also, so I am well aware of the changes). Our year (2014) has PBL 2 times/week, instead of 3 as was before. In addition, we start having some lectures. Overall, you might not like PBL, but it does give you lots of flexibility as far as the schedule is concerned, therefore making your life in dental school less stressful. With new changes in place(we were the first year to experience it) you will start drilling from day one of school (and I mean it literally). We are finishing the amalgam course and staring the composite. Lots of students in other schools don’t even see the drill until the end of the first year. Therefore clinically you will be very strong. In addition, there are lots of opportunities within school to observe and work with the best in the field (just to name a few--Dr. Nowzari, who is the head of perio residency, Dr. Malamed- you can try and get into his IV team at the end of second year, therefore you will undergo super extensive training in IV sedation and would be IV certified upon graduation. I am sure not that many schools offer such opportunities).

Last but not list, I absolutely love people at this school! Everyone is super friendly (including upper classmates) and always willing to help (from upperclassmates to residents). I think it’s the best school to have school-live balance.

Overall, every school has pros and cons. You will always come across something that will bother you. Remember that this is my subjective opinion. Yeah, there are moments that frustrate me and I wish the curriculum/professor/etc were different, but this will be at any school you go to…To me it's the people that make all the difference :)

Hope this would help you!

Fight on!!!

Hope to see you in August!!!

At the interview, they said that ~ 30-40 ppl will receive acceptances today. I dunno how accurate that number is tho. And yes the next round of acceptances will be in Feb.

Really? I thought the second round of acceptance starts around Mid-Jan ?

Really? I thought the second round of acceptance starts around Mid-Jan ?

They said that the next round of acceptances will be in February, then March, and the last one in April.