****Official USC School of Dentistry C/O 2015 Acceptance Thread****

Yep!! I'm wondering how many people who had interview in nov 11 got acceptance letter from the school especially in Red group..^^ :)

I was the Feb 24th yellow group (which merged with another group...I think red...). Anyone else in the feb 24th interview? hahaha

Members don't see this ad.

Switched from NYU to USC. Just couldn't leave California. Can't wait to meet you all in the fall.

Hey Guys,

Noob here...well lurker for YEARS! Anyhow, a nice big fat and fuzzy Congratulations to everyone that made it in! I'm really happy for you guys! You must have worked really hard to make it there and it must feel so sweet!

I'm getting more and more nervous tho! I had my interview back in September and am listed as "alternate" status. I received a letter not long after my interview letting me know I was "ranked" but of course they didnt tell me where I was ranked.

So now I'm obsessed with checking if I got that acceptance email every morning I wake up. The suspense is killing me! I've basically decided to start the reapplication process again, but what do you guys think about how many seats might be left?

When is the next round of acceptances do you think? I hope not another 2 months! I thought there was one in April, but they seem to be much more sporadic than what they described during the interview. They said something like Dec 1st, Feb 1st, April 1st, June 1st, and August 1st. But they missed the Feb 1st date and they also did several in March, which is throwing me offffff...

Sorry about the rant guys, but I've just worked so hard for this (as I'm sure all of you have) and really want that acceptance email!

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe it's 25% of the seats left and the final batch of acceptances are in April. That was the message I was getting, but check with admissions because things change.

edit: I totally Know how you feel!

Hey Guys,

Noob here...well lurker for YEARS! Anyhow, a nice big fat and fuzzy Congratulations to everyone that made it in! I'm really happy for you guys! You must have worked really hard to make it there and it must feel so sweet!

I'm getting more and more nervous tho! I had my interview back in September and am listed as "alternate" status. I received a letter not long after my interview letting me know I was "ranked" but of course they didnt tell me where I was ranked.

So now I'm obsessed with checking if I got that acceptance email every morning I wake up. The suspense is killing me! I've basically decided to start the reapplication process again, but what do you guys think about how many seats might be left?

When is the next round of acceptances do you think? I hope not another 2 months! I thought there was one in April, but they seem to be much more sporadic than what they described during the interview. They said something like Dec 1st, Feb 1st, April 1st, June 1st, and August 1st. But they missed the Feb 1st date and they also did several in March, which is throwing me offffff...

Sorry about the rant guys, but I've just worked so hard for this (as I'm sure all of you have) and really want that acceptance email!

Last edited:
@drjaws. you got a letter saying that you were ranked? was this a different mail from the post-interview packet that lets them know that you're still interested in the school?

@drjaws. you got a letter saying that you were ranked? was this a different mail from the post-interview packet that lets them know that you're still interested in the school?

They are the same document.

hmm, i never got that document saying that I was ranked...

my status still says "interview".

SAD TIMES!

I hope they didn't forget me.

NEXT BATCH OF ACCEPTANCE SHOULD BE AROUND MARCH 25 (this friday).

Because last batch went out MARCH 10th and they have 15 days to post their deposit.

HOW MANY FROM JANUARY INTERVIEW HAVE GOT ACCEPTANCES?

NEXT BATCH OF ACCEPTANCE SHOULD BE AROUND MARCH 25 (this friday).

Because last batch went out MARCH 10th and they have 15 days to post their deposit.

HOW MANY FROM JANUARY INTERVIEW HAVE GOT ACCEPTANCES?

Nothing here. They usually send it out later on during the day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sit tight guys, news this week guaranteed.

Apologies for not having replied sooner, been swamped with midterms! I'm sure you guys know what it's like!

I checked recently with the USC Office of Admissions and was informed that the next round is going to be in the first half of April. So sit tight and we will see what happens in the next two weeks! But in reality this just means more intensively obsessive email checking and anticipation for the next two weeks! arrrrgh!

I won't stop hoping and praying, but I'm just focusing on how waiting one more year won't be so bad and how I'm a better applicant this year than I was last year. So that gives me a little bit of solace. But on the other hand, I also feel next year is going to be more competitive.

@DunStopBelievin: Wow only 25% of the seats left :(. Statistically speaking, that is not good for those like me who haven't gotten in yet. Well, I can just pray and hope that I'm able to get in for this round. But I'm even more shocked to hear this is the last round. Are you sure about that? I remember during the interview they mentioned that the acceptances go all the way to past June and into August. And yeah I hate the way this feels, we should have an anxiety party! mwahahahahha!

@19Standup88: Yeah its the same letter. So if you had to mail something back to them to let 'em know you still wanna go there, then you are ranked! So Congrats! :)

@phatboy9395: Do you mean your ranked number is on your status? Mine just says alternate as the status. I would be curious to know this as it was my understanding that everyone ranked has their status listed as "alternate".

Wish you guys all the best!

I interviewed February 2nd and still haven't heard anything.. getting anxious! Hopefully all of us still waiting will hear something in the next two weeks!:scared:

@phatboy9395: Do you mean your ranked number is on your status? Mine just says alternate as the status. I would be curious to know this as it was my understanding that everyone ranked has their status listed as "alternate".

dr jawz- it just says "alternate." they rank us internally according to someone that works there

Just to confirm again with what the others said, I talked to Admissions today and they confirmed that the next round of acceptances will be in the first week or two of April. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Just out of curiosity, those who have been extended an offer, did your AADSAS status ever get updated to say "Received/Application Complete"? Or did it just say "In process" and then change to "Offer Made"? My AADSAS status got changed on 3/28 to "Received/Application Complete"...
Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, those who have been extended an offer, did your AADSAS status ever get updated to say "Received/Application Complete"? Or did it just say "In process" and then change to "Offer Made"? My AADSAS status got changed on 3/28 to "Received/Application Complete"...
Thanks.

mine says offer accepted (which means when u make a deposit)

Hokay so....here's the earth....RRRound! ....lol..kidding...sorry i love albinoblacksheep

Now the first 7 days of April are over...I say Monday April 11th might be the day, since any Monday coming after that is in the second half of April and all acceptance rounds so far have started on Mondays.

But I am le tired....well take a nap and then fire ZE missiles!

Good luck everyone! I hope y'all aint going bonkers like me! Lol just kidding...i'm chill but just trying to have fun and make it through all my finals and stuffs! Power to the dentalinos!

Us californians just have to worry about us breaking off to go chill with hawaii....alaska can come too...THEEE EaND!!!

Last edited:
Ok so its April 11th...any updates anyone? I didn't get anything :-(

Ok so its April 11th...any updates anyone? I didn't get anything :-(

Did you guys see the other USC discussion? On there someone posted today that apparently they checked with USC and they were told that there is no set date for when the next round will go out - it could be anytime between now and June!!!!!

When I called last week I was told it would be the first two weeks of April so now I'm not sure what to believe...:rolleyes:

Apparently the whole "first two weeks of April" thing was inaccurate information from the USC folks... :confused:

I will be giving up my seat at USC. Just wanted to wish everyone good luck! It's such an awesome program and you guys are going to have so much fun!

I will be giving up my seat at USC. Just wanted to wish everyone good luck! It's such an awesome program and you guys are going to have so much fun!

Andrea, can you please share with us

when you interviewed
when you got accepted
and
when you are giving up your seat?

good luck!

I interviewed on Sept. 29th and was accepted Dec. 1st. I'm just waiting to get the confirmation from my other school saying that they received my deposit/paperwork. I will call USC tomorrow or Monday to withdrawal my acceptance. Hope this helps!

Good Luck Everyone!

I interviewed Feb 10th and received my acceptance on Feb 23. See you all in August!

you are awesome...:thumbup:

I interviewed on Sept. 29th and was accepted Dec. 1st. I'm just waiting to get the confirmation from my other school saying that they received my deposit/paperwork. I will call USC tomorrow or Monday to withdrawal my acceptance. Hope this helps!

Good Luck Everyone!

USC Admissions!

Yeah, I interviewed in the last group on the 9th of march and I haven't heard anything. :/
I'm starting to think the class has already been filled.

The silence was broken on the other thread...looks like another application round for me

can you guys just wait out till after May 1st. They have to figure out who is sent in their 2nd deposit and see how many spots are open. Usually if you are accepted after may 1st, you have a week to respond so from now till august, you still have a shot. good luck

Hi! I'm attending USC this fall as a first year and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being my apartment-mate? I am hoping to live in a 2bd/2bath apartment in probably the Medici or Visconti apartments which is 3 miles away from campus. I want my own room with the other person in the other bedroom. I am quiet, studious, and respectful and really easy to live with :) if interested PM me, oh and i prefer a female roommate as i am a female also.

Hi! I'm attending USC this fall as a first year and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being my apartment-mate? I am hoping to live in a 2bd/2bath apartment in probably the Medici or Visconti apartments which is 3 miles away from campus. I want my own room with the other person in the other bedroom. I am quiet, studious, and respectful and really easy to live with :) if interested PM me, oh and i prefer a female roommate as i am a female also.

Did you join the facebook group? There's a girl looking for the same thing as you.

Congrats to u guys that got in as for us who r still waiting don't give up. I just hope that they would tell us the ranking on the wait-list!!! :( I think my e-mail is gonna block me out form how many times I check it waiting for my acceptance e-mail:xf:

Congrats to all who got in :D

Just a quick question!!
How do you know if you are waitlisted or still being considered as one of the candidates?

Thanks in advance!!

Congrats to all who got in :D

Just a quick question!!
How do you know if you are waitlisted or still being considered as one of the candidates?

Thanks in advance!!

I'm pretty sure that everyone who interviewed is automatically on the wait list so as far as being considered as one of the candidates, I think it now just depends what # you are ranked as and how many people will get called off the wait list. I hope that helps!

hey everyone,
I just wanted to congrats you all for getting in!! I know all that hard work and studying paid off! I'm currently a 2nd year (c/o 2013) and I know the curriculum has changed a bit from my year to the 2014 class, but if you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. You all are more than welcome to come assist me in the clinic this yr too! Enjoy your summer and I'll see you all in a few months!