***Official UTDB Houston Class of 2014***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrTootle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received the email at 7:47 am!!!!!!!!!!!

Subject: "Welcome to the UTDB family!!!!"

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! That is awesome!!!! :) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Houston this morning at 7:52AM!!!!!!

Baylor 12:23AM!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm looks like my interviewer didn't like me very much. He gave a lot of really weird questions to throw me off and I wasn't sure if I answered them well. Oh well, UTDB wasn't my top choice.

I'm in as well as of 7:47 am. What a morning, I'm pumped! My number one choice as well never been this excited for something school related lol. See ya in August.

No email yet, I guess I wasn't their top choice. Oh well just have to keep on waiting. Getting really worried now considering that was the only school so far to interview me.

now i have to decide between baylor and houston...i guess thats a good problem to have

now i have to decide between baylor and houston...i guess thats a good problem to have

Just think of that nice new building at Houston you could be operating out of. I'm sure it will be state of the art!

Trust me, I'm not trying to get you to go to Houston to open a spot at Baylor or anything!

is it to early to make the facebook page?

Just think of that nice new building at Houston you could be operating out of. I'm sure it will be state of the art!

Trust me, I'm not trying to get you to go to Houston to open a spot at Baylor or anything!

haha. i love your comment alanan84. i think i am leaning more towards Houston so I will give you my Baylor or San Antonio spot! ;)

but then Baylor has its name. Known to provide best education for cheap.

Trust me, im not trying to increases my chances for Houston. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
haha. i love your comment alanan84. i think i am leaning more towards Houston so I will give you my Baylor or San Antonio spot! ;)

Haha, ok thanks. If you could go ahead and send that to Dr. Miller at Baylor that would be wonderful. LOL.

By the way, that LOL was a "disappointed I want to get into Baylor" LOL.

Haha, ok thanks. If you could go ahead and send that to Dr. Miller at Baylor that would be wonderful. LOL.

By the way, that LOL was a "disappointed I want to get into Baylor" LOL.

alanan... haha... i'm doing my best to convince all my buddies to not pick baylor!

seriously, i hear baylor sucks so no one go there! ;)

alanan... haha... i'm doing my best to convince all my buddies to not pick baylor!

Keep up the good work! Haha, I can't believe I'm laughing on such a crappy day for me. Oh well, life goes on!

Congrats to all the new UTDBers of Houston!!! :soexcited:

Hmm looks like my interviewer didn't like me very much. He gave a lot of really weird questions to throw me off and I wasn't sure if I answered them well. Oh well, UTDB wasn't my top choice.

The feeling appears to have been mutual.

Agreed. ;)

These comments are probably the highlight of my day so far. :)

On predent i see that last year there were some who were offered acceptances on dec 1-4. is that snail mail only or email too?

YES!!! Make the facebook page!!

congrats all :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

i'm with alan and longhorns. please let us have your baylor spots. :)

Congratulations all! :D

Look forward to working with you guys during Orientation in August 2010! :p

Hey, I was wondering if UTDB sends anything over snail mail? I noticed the two other texas schools did and was wondering if UTDB will.

Hey, I was wondering if UTDB sends anything over snail mail? I noticed the two other texas schools did and was wondering if UTDB will.

UTDB's e-mail was very detailed and referred everything else to its website. I don't see a reason why they would send anything through snail mail

hopefully more people join the fb group since our class seems so small right now, but that is good news for people still waiting to hear back from Houston

hopefully more people join the fb group since our class seems so small right now, but that is good news for people still waiting to hear back from Houston

How many people are on the fb group?

How many people are on the fb group?

i think there are 6 people only. Houston only sent out 47 acceptances December 1st so that probably explains why the group is small compared to SA and Baylor. plus i know everyone does not have a fb and people might not have joined it yet.

The University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston c/o 2014 :soexcited:

Last edited:
i think there are 6 people only. Houston only sent out 47 acceptances December 1st so that probably explains why the group is small compared to SA and Baylor. plus i know everyone does not have a fb and people might not have joined it yet.

Yeah, the group barely has anyone, but when you think about it, only the people on SDN would really know about the group. How do you know that only 47 people got acceptances from UTDB?

Yeah, the group barely has anyone, but when you think about it, only the people on SDN would really know about the group. How do you know that only 47 people got acceptances from UTDB?

one of my friends knows dr. p really well and that is what he told her. even during the interview, they kept saying they were going to send out enough acceptances dec. 1st to potentially fill up half the class.

The University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston c/o 2014 :soexcited:

Last edited:
What Dr. P probably said, notwithstanding the exact number of acceptances sent out, that he hopes to fill half the class. With applicants applying to the 3 ds in TX, there will no doubt be some that will receive acceptances to 2 or 3 school decreasing the likelihood that any of them (ds) will have 100% of acceptances translate into 100% attending. Two years ago, UTHSCSA listed 120 names of those accepted for a class of ~ 100. One suspects, however, that ds will limit the number of acceptances sent out on Dec 1 to no more than the number of slots available.

one of my friends knows dr. p really well and that is what he told her. even during the interview, they kept saying they were going to send out enough acceptances dec. 1st to potentially fill up half the class. The University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston c/o 2014 :soexcited:

I havent even received an interview invitation yet.. OMG UTDB, I love you please send me an inviteeeeee :(:(:(:(:(

Does anyone know when they stop handing out interviews?

I havent even received an interview invitation yet.. OMG UTDB, I love you please send me an inviteeeeee :(:(:(:(:(

Does anyone know when they stop handing out interviews?

I can't really answer this question but one of my classmates had her UTDB interview at the end of February/early March. :)

But, from reading your other posts, I thought you already had your heart set on UTHSCSA?

I can't really answer this question but one of my classmates had her UTDB interview at the end of February/early March. :)

But, from reading your other posts, I thought you already had your heart set on UTHSCSA?

Well thats good news. I am currently living in Houston right now and I really like the city. I have made many friends here including some at UTDB, I would be extremely sad if I had to leave Houston :(. A good friend of mine got accepted into UTDB and I was hoping we both get in. My heart is set at SA right now because they accepted me.

Well thats good news. I am currently living in Houston right now and I really like the city. I have made many friends here including some at UTDB, I would be extremely sad if I had to leave Houston :(. A good friend of mine got accepted into UTDB and I was hoping we both get in. My heart is set at SA right now because they accepted me.

QFT.. hope you get your interview soon and ultimately accepted..

you will never know.

Chocolateteeff:

Who is this mystery man? How do we go to the same school and not know who this kid is?

More importantly, good luck to all those waiting to hear from the texas ds and congrats to all of those who have already been accepted to UTDB. Our school is awesome, you should come!

I wonder if we'll hear something from them tomorrow... Or this week for that matter...

congrats to all of you! so exciting!

well unfortunately I'm waiting on a response from UTDB houston. =( no luck yet, this is my 2nd time applying.

maybe someone can give me some advice on how to improve my application..i don't want to give up.

thanks guys!

Finally, received my acceptance at UTDB! :love: I'm so excited and relieved. In my mind I was set on going to San Antonio since they were the only ones to accept me Dec. 1st, but going to Houston will make it so much easier for me and my family. Which means we won't have to move or look for someone to look after my girls.:thumbup: Hope you guys get good news as well. :xf:

Finally, received my acceptance at UTDB! :love: I'm so excited and relieved. In my mind I was set on going to San Antonio since they were the only ones to accept me Dec. 1st, but going to Houston will make it so much easier for me and my family. Which means we won't have to move or look for someone to look after my girls.:thumbup: Hope you guys get good news as well. :xf:

When did you get it?

Finally got my acceptance letter from UTDB!!! So excited and can finally feel the stress come off. Can't wait to start!:D

Got the email at 3:37 PM today 1/19/2010. Good luck to everyone!

Finally got my acceptance letter from UTDB!!! So excited and can finally feel the stress come off. Can't wait to start!:D

Got the email at 3:37 PM today 1/19/2010. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats, when did you interview there?