***Official UTHSC Houston C/O 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

MajorMinor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck peepers. Post it all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What are y'all's initial opinions on the TX schools and what would you say makes each different?

Really want to go back to living in Houston. Florida resident, though :-/

Members don't see this ad :)
Recieved interview invite yesterday. Good luck to everyone! :)

last TX interview!
8/26

Congrats on receiving an interview invite! How did it go? Have you interviewed at the other Texas schools as well? If so, which school did you like the best?

Current D1 at UTSD.. feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

Houston was my #1, so should I accept now??

Does anyone know of people in the past getting accepted that are interviewed early December?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know of people in the past getting accepted that are interviewed early December?
Sure. Houston doesn't fill its class completely on December 1st. Word on the street is they only fill roughly half on D day.

Sure. Houston doesn't fill its class completely on December 1st. Word on the street is they only fill roughly half on D day.

Thanks for the reply! My interview is on December 9th! My boyfriend interviewed there a few months ago. He's going with me! Fingers crossed we both get accepted together! :)

Thanks for the reply! My interview is on December 9th! My boyfriend interviewed there a few months ago. He's going with me! Fingers crossed we both get accepted together! :)
That's awesome! I hope it works out for you guys. My wife is applying there next year :)

Anyone got an interview invite recently?

Has anyone gotten a scholarship from Houston yet?

Has anyone gotten a scholarship from Houston yet?
Scholarships are not distributed until Fall semester at UTSD. So if you receive a scholarship, you won't know until around November or so during your first semester.

Can anyone tell me if I can get in this school with theses stats
Overall -2.8
Science- 3.3
Dat- 20 down the board

I'm a recent undergrad just graduated this fall

Anyone here anything this morning? I remember them saying they send out first rounds of acceptances on dec. 1, jan 2 and feb 2. At least, I think that's what they said...

Anyone here anything this morning? I remember them saying they send out first rounds of acceptances on dec. 1, jan 2 and feb 2. At least, I think that's what they said...

When did you hear this? On my interview, they said mid January.

Baby Shades,
I heard it from...I think it was Dr. Pierpont..it was at the interview I had, but that was way back in September. You're probably right, since we haven't seen any new news of acceptances. Thanks bud!

When did you hear this? On my interview, they said mid January.

I believe I heard it from Dr. Pierpont, but that was back in early September. So, you're probably right! It would explain why this place has been a ghost town, lol

Does anyone know how often Houston will be sending out acceptances? Is it once a month.. or so? Interview not until next week so I wasn't sure if they said anything about it to anyone who has already interviewed, thanks!

Why is this page so quiet? Did Houston send out 2nd round of acceptance already?

Just received a very late interview offer for January 20th! What are the interviews like here?

It's so relax don't worry. It's more conversations try to be yourself. Best of luck.

Yeah, the interview is super chill. One group interviews while the other tours, so hope you're on the first group to interview!

I called and they said anytime between now and the end of the month.
I know the committee just met last week about the second round of decisions. In past years it seems they send them out the end of each month I guess

I received my acceptance letter this morning!!!! ahhhhhh. I'm freaking out.

I just got my acceptance this morning as OOS.

wow nice congrats!.they called you this morning? Man im starting to worry lol

They actually just sent an email, no call. And my interview was on December 2nd.

Congrats! Starting to get a little nervous about Houston

I called, their last interview is on Jan. 27. So, if you're not there then better luck next year!

Trying to not feel nervous, but I interviewed back in October, and Houston is my #1. :( -tear-

Did u get in Anywhere else?
Yeah, I got into 2 places, but my heart is set on Houston. All I want to know is if I'm waitlisted or rejected TT_TT. Strange, because I thought my best interivew/attitude/how I carried myself was best at Houston.

For those who just got accepted in the second round how long did they give you to respond?

At the interview I went to on Tuesday they told us the class was around 50% full and that they released 10 more acceptances that morning. They were going to meet again next Tuesday and the following and then a third time (a fourth if need be) to go over everything and then release another round but they weren't clear when. Hope that helps!